Author Topic: film viewer  (Read 667 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
film viewer
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:43:56 AM »
i posted this over in the bugs forum last night......crossposting it to here, as it's annoying the poop outta me......

dunno if this is the right place or not........

was filming in the practice last night. the film was 25 minutes long. no problems in the game, 'cept for me dying. however, the film viewer is constantly crashing on me, since this last update.

anyone have any suggestions, or similar problems?

also noticing that although i had no framerate problems in the game, the viewer is all kinds of jumpy.

it looks like i can't get more than 3 minutes at a time, nor can i get past the 20 minute mark, even if i drag the time slider.

this is very agitating....i can't even get to the friggin fight, to see what the hell i did wrong.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: film viewer
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 11:04:46 AM »
Same problem here. The film viewer is fubar........again  :frown:
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:59:26 AM »
Cap, did you ever get your film viewer working? I guess we're the only ones around here with this problem...........
Lighten up Francis

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:01:08 AM »
Nope happens to me too, might be because I have like 300 films though.....
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 11:07:31 AM »
Can you send us a film that is crashing?

HiTech

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »
Can you send us a film that is crashing?

HiTech

me?  yes.......i'd be glad to. what email should i send it to? i'll do it tonight when i get home.

something else i noticed, but forgot to mention in the op. as the film is going on, the slider bar where the time show up...on mine, it never moves. also, the film i'm referencing, is about 25 minutes long. it seems to crash around the 20 minute mark(as timed by me). should i send the entire film?

and thanks!! it's pretty dam awesome when the big kahuna himself responds to things like this.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 04:12:09 PM »
Cap have you tried the film viewer again? HTC released a fix later the day you made your post. I haven't had time to watch much but I just ran 4 minutes of a 29 minute film with no problems. Slider works and everything.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 04:51:11 PM »
me?  yes.......i'd be glad to. what email should i send it to? i'll do it tonight when i get home.

something else i noticed, but forgot to mention in the op. as the film is going on, the slider bar where the time show up...on mine, it never moves. also, the film i'm referencing, is about 25 minutes long. it seems to crash around the 20 minute mark(as timed by me). should i send the entire film?

and thanks!! it's pretty dam awesome when the big kahuna himself responds to things like this.
I too noticed the slider not moving as the film ran. But now the viewer crashes as it tries to start the film.
Lighten up Francis

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 05:30:40 PM »
Cap, did you ever get your film viewer working? I guess we're the only ones around here with this problem...........

i did not. i'm going to send it to hitech tonight when i get home. i'm going to re-watch it just to be sure, so i can give him good info concerning what it's doing, when and how.

i still think it's effin awesome that the owner himself is here replying to this problem....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 05:31:54 PM »
Cap have you tried the film viewer again? HTC released a fix later the day you made your post. I haven't had time to watch much but I just ran 4 minutes of a 29 minute film with no problems. Slider works and everything.

i'll be watching it tonight before i send it in. someone mentioned having a lot of films. since the update made a new version, i've only got 3 films in that folder.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 05:44:28 PM »

i still think it's effin awesome that the owner himself is here replying to this problem....
No doubt. But it doesn't surprise me as the customer service has always been top notch in any issues I may of had in the past, no matter how small.
I called their office one time and was blown away when HiTech himself answered the phone.  :lol I felt like I called Ford Motor Company and Henry answered.  :O
Lighten up Francis

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 10:03:29 AM »
Fyi I had trouble with the viewer last night also. Tried checking my film from FSO and it would load up OK but would crash after about ten secs and give me an ahfilm.exe has stopped working error. Tried another film and that crashed too. Don't recall that happening before. The counter is working again tho.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »
Just tried the viewer again with several films and it crashed on all of them. Some from over the last month or so that I've watched without a problem prior.

I noticed something that may or may not be a clue. The viewer starts normally and I get the blank horizon on the screen before I load a film. That much is normal. When I select a film it loads normally but once it's loaded I noticed that the time counter (where it says 0:00/4:48 for example) is flickering. Only that is flickering. I start the film and it displays normally but that time counter flicker remains. After about 10 seconds (I got to 17 seconds once, but others only 5) it crashes.

I tried a reboot. Still crashes.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
Just tried the viewer again with several films and it crashed on all of them. Some from over the last month or so that I've watched without a problem prior.

I noticed something that may or may not be a clue. The viewer starts normally and I get the blank horizon on the screen before I load a film. That much is normal. When I select a film it loads normally but once it's loaded I noticed that the time counter (where it says 0:00/4:48 for example) is flickering. Only that is flickering. I start the film and it displays normally but that time counter flicker remains. After about 10 seconds (I got to 17 seconds once, but others only 5) it crashes.

I tried a reboot. Still crashes.

when i logged on last night for the fso, i had to download some kind of small quick patch before it let me to the online arenas section. i didn't get to try the film viewer since that download, but i'll try it tonight.

as mine was when i sent the film to htc, my slider wasn't flickering...but it wasn't moving either. i also noticed that within the viewer, the film looked choppy, as if i were having frame rate problems. yet whilst i was flying, it was smooth as glass, and rock steady between 73 and 75 fps.

i figure they'll get it sorted out.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »
Hi all!

Same problems with film viewer here.

A few patches ago, film viewer started crashing.

Not all films, though. Some can be viewed to the end.

Will be sending a problem film to HTC for analysis.

Take care and have a Happy Easter!!!  :cheers:
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly."
Nick Lapos, chief R&D pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft

"To go up, pull the stick. To go down, pull the stick back harder..."