Author Topic: Farewell and adieu  (Read 3687 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Farewell and adieu
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 02:01:26 AM »
if you guys are all quitting can I have tallboy?   

he is a genuine British geezer and deserves to fly with the few!   I'll look after him I promise. 

*takes off white silk glove* *slaps bruv*

I think not good sir! 

:bolt:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 05:41:03 AM »
Us with old graphics cards are stuck here for eternity.
We are still a bunch flying in here, admittedly 1/2 the squad left momentarily or permanently for World Of Planes.

you can't fly with a better and friendlier wingman than 4brkfast.
<S> 4brkfast !

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 06:54:37 AM »
if you guys are all quitting can I have tallboy?    

he is a genuine British geezer and deserves to fly with the few!   I'll look after him I promise.  

:aok :aok :aok :x Perfect fit for The Few, if I do say so myself.   :salute Tallboy :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 07:06:25 AM »
Anyone know if WoP will be using Oleg's physics? This was the case for their previous title, Wings of Prey.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:13:46 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 07:24:10 AM »
Kazaa

:frown: :rock  :cry :rock :headscratch:  :cry :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 07:36:52 AM »
HiHi ^_^

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 07:46:16 AM »
HiHi ^_^

Will you ever be more than a film for me?   I want to experience your awesome fighting skills.   :O   Bruv and others say you are unbelievably good.   :pray to fight and learn from a FPH's FPH.   :pray :rock

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 08:14:44 AM »
take care
4brkfast
 :(

:salute
The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »
Not what you think, graphics are excellent but still in the creative phases check your pockets :-)

Having a quick look back through you and 4brkfasts last posts, I see you seem to think this is to arcadey because of?? The graphics?? You also based a disagreement for flight modelling on a youtube video!  :rofl I think my original comment in this thread is the truth.

To be perfectly honest here 4brkfast is the classic luftwhiner and you james are the kinda guy who thinks a good flight model is how photo realistic the game is.  :)

A quote from 4brkfast about Aces High and HTC.

"Where it lacks is the overall battlefield tactics and it's seemingly primitive manner of occupying or capturing enemy territory - but in the perspective of a fighter pilot, it's extremely lacking in it's historical accuracy. The maker of the game doesn't seem to like the Axis planes, or is biased - has a grudge, thinks propaganda is fun - your guess is as good as mine, but to this day every time I'm in a 7 ton p-47 and I completely out-perform a 4 1/2 ton 190, I just have to laugh. Inaccurate isn't the word to describe how Aces High 2's 30mm shoots. It's silly. The spitfire 16 resembles more of a UFO than a World War 2 fighter, their LA-7 appears to be fitted with oxygen and a super charger. Ah2's A-8's weight is about 200 lbs' overweight with the standard 4 20mm package at 100% fuel, which all the charts have listed at 4300KG(4300KG x ~2.205 = 9481 lbs) in AH2 they essentially have it weighed about ~90KG too heavy, I just went in game and looked at the weights at 100% fuel with the 4 20mm's and it listed it at ~9684 lbs. (4390 * 2.205 = 9679)

The Allied bombers appear, by my estimation about 10-20% too small. It may translate in-game to allow them to fly at much faster speeds. Additionally, in AH2 they allow you to focus guns from a formation of 3 to aim all guns within their respective arc of fire on a single target(They converge around 800 yards and when they hit, it appears you can get 3-9 different turrets to hit the target, depending on the position, which means if you attack a B-17 from high left, say, the three waist .50's, the tail dual .50's and the top turret's dual .50's equals 15 .50's). A good shooter in buffs can sometimes be the most dangerous thing flying, I myself have killed numerous foes on a handful of occasions and probably fly on average 1 bomber sortie a month in all my time. In other words it's easy.

I could give you a long list of additional planes they have flat out wrong, greatly under-modeled(and their 'reasoning', excuses, behind it) or over-modeled or just don't perform like history and the pilots said they did. How can it be a simulator if it doesn't follow history? It can't. Bear in mind, this is not coming from a native German or even a European, I'm an American that bleeds dark blue and can sometimes be seen with gull-bent arms while pretending to fly.

Even with the flight characteristic inaccuracies, there are flaws, in my eyes, with the overall game. The 109 G-6 was used continuously from a mid war period into the late war, yet AH2 has only 1 version of this airplane, essentially a lumped up version, even if we beg them for propeller options, powerplant options or even an simple option like an ability to shoot outboard wing cannons exclusively. If you fly a 190 A-8 in Ah2, which is about 200 lbs overweight, flies like a slug, has no propeller option, can't take off the bomb mount and only flies at 1.42 ATA, you can't fire your 30mm wing cannons without also firing your 20mm's! This is where IL-2 blew AH2 out of the sky, the plane detail puts Ah2 to shame, not to mention it's inclination to make the planes, guns and performance accurate.

Regardless of what the intentions are for this game or how it will turn out in the end, I think I can speak for the deucers when I say I really hope if the goal is to make a simulator that great effort would be put into making it accurate and without bias."

:rofl

Good luck to the both of you anyway hope you find what your looking for  :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 08:51:41 AM »
He'll be better off over where the planes are more alike than different.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »
so do you guys think Aces High is biased against german planes?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 08:58:06 AM »

No. Dang 109F very very tough :bhead for my Spit8 to beat, as an example.

Look at the Army of Muppets, the 2nd best squad in AH (on my scale), has more FPHs  :angel: than any other squad, and how well they do in German aeroplanes. :aok

:old: A muppet in a German aeroplane is quite the fight, quite the fight indeed.  

:headscratch: why did I see LDs in Ponies so often? :huh
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:08:20 AM by Midway »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 09:11:01 AM »
No, but I wonder if the 190's are really modeled correctly...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »
No, but I wonder if the 190's are really modeled correctly...

Tell me why you think the 190's aren't modelled correctly?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »
Anyone know if WoP will be using Oleg's physics? This was the case for their previous title, Wings of Prey.

Last I read was they were going to try and completely redo the flight model ( FM )...... after mucho complaining about the unrealistic FM during alpha.........

the beta is now running and they are in the evolution process of the FM ( I can not tell if it is actually a completely new FM or if they are just tweaking it )

also note, I have not been in the beta part of the game except for one time....... and has been a while since I posted over there in the alpha forum or on the public boards, due to RL stuff with family and health...

everyone has a different idea of what they think is correct in regards to flight modeling of WW2 planes............ while most all of us have no real clue as to how any of those WW2 planes fly/flown......... since most of us have never even sat in the seat of all of them let alone flown any of them in real life or in a real life dogfight..... most everything is taken from historical data  ( <----- depending on the "name" aerial combat simulation game company designing the fm & game....... )

my 2 cents

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC