Author Topic: TrackIR and 2.27.5  (Read 774 times)

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
TrackIR and 2.27.5
« on: April 02, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
In the test version, when you try to save your head postion it would not save and would go back to the original view.
Now with the new 2.27.5 version, when you try and save your head postion it still will not save and now goes to the default postion.
The rear view of most airplanes has greatly improved.
Most people I have talked to about this have True View and Relative Move OFF.   
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:12:39 PM by ColTomb »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: TrackIR and 2.27.5
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:24:30 PM »
Game is unplayable now. TIR is fubar and it's been too long to re-learn my hat switches.

Some planes I can't even see over the dashboard, some I'm too close the the instruments.

:frown:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »
Default head position for me too, can't save a head position like I could before.  No other obvious symptoms for me.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »
If you have customized your TIR profile you might try the default profile and see if that works better. I noticed my scaling was too aggressive for the test file and I had to adjust it to get the same response I was used to.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »
My (and many people's) issue is not response, it's the "home" position. The TIR routine seems to be back to "center of x/y/z space in the cockpit" instead of "home position saved by F10".
My Current Rig:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 02:49:45 PM »
The home positions you're seeing don't sound like the game defaults. You might try using a different .hps file to see if that helps until they release a fix. You might also try the default TIR profile since it's likely that was used by HTC for testing. It may not make any difference but it could be useful to know if it does or doesn't.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »
"My (and many people's) issue is not response, it's the "home" position. The TIR routine seems to be back to "center of x/y/z space in the cockpit" instead of "home position saved by F10"."

It sound normal.
If You don't use Tir in AH then You use your saved views. On the opposite your saved views will not work because Tir is on also if you paused it.

What's wrong in this?

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »
"My (and many people's) issue is not response, it's the "home" position. The TIR routine seems to be back to "center of x/y/z space in the cockpit" instead of "home position saved by F10"."

It sound normal.
If You don't use Tir in AH then You use your saved views. On the opposite your saved views will not work because Tir is on also if you paused it.

What's wrong in this?

:salute

Some time ago, HTC changed the TIR routines so that your normal head-forward "home" view with TIR is the same as what you saved as your home head position with F10. So, the center of your TIR sphere of movement is where you saved it with F10. After the latest patch, that is no longer the case.
My Current Rig:

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 10:27:10 AM »
I was messing around in the Zero (Note: and this is true for all three A6M models) The Track-IR Default postion is located down in the cockpit, practically in the seat cussion. The Track-IR now effectivly has 3 Degrease of freedome - Pitch, Yaw & Roll - but not the Six it should. Therefore, there is no way, short of turning off Track-IR, to lift the pilot head up to see out the pipper, out the back of the plane, or even over the the side-glass.
I set my Track-IR back to the default profile, but this had no effect.

As ImADot said, this is making the airframes affected unplayable.

Hope the fix update comes out soon!

-- InCrypt
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
I was messing around in the Zero (Note: and this is true for all three A6M models) The Track-IR Default postion is located down in the cockpit, practically in the seat cussion. The Track-IR now effectivly has 3 Degrease of freedome - Pitch, Yaw & Roll - but not the Six it should. Therefore, there is no way, short of turning off Track-IR, to lift the pilot head up to see out the pipper, out the back of the plane, or even over the the side-glass.
I set my Track-IR back to the default profile, but this had no effect.

As ImADot said, this is making the airframes affected unplayable.

Hope the fix update comes out soon!

-- InCrypt

This is true for the P40 family and the F6F as well as the A6M family that you have noted.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
Quote from: PFactorDave
This is true for the P40 family and the F6F as well as the A6M family that you have noted.

Yeah, I see that.
My working theory, which is purely speculative in the absence of Code, or word from HiTech: It would appear to me that, when they attempted to increase the X,Y, & Z motions for the Track-IR during the update to Version 5, that they inadvertently switched the motions off for these airframes.

I must admit, when I heard they were expanding the Track-IRs available movements, so that you could move with the Track-IR to all the places you could with the arrow keys, I was quite excited. I hope they get this sorted soon, and that they get the intended results, as well as a fix to this problem.
I say this because I used the Storch to test the head movements just as soon as Patch 4 came out (and patch 5 for that matter too.) But I've still yet to see the same range of travel with Track-IR as with the Arrow keys. (Mmmm. maybe I need to put this part of the post in another thread for that issue...)

InCrypt
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:26:45 PM by InCrypt »
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline Chauncy

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 05:51:14 PM »
I tried putting a big telephone book in my chair to help me look out the windows....didn't help.
 :cry

Got Dolphins?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »
So far it looks like the A6m's, F6f, P-40's, and Mossie 16 have a low or low limit default head position and the C-47 lost it's Z axis movement. If the ability to reset and save the default position is restored that should fix everything except the C-47.

Saving with F10 still works with TIR off but with TIR on it jumps back to the too low position.

If anyone notices the same problem in any other aircraft or vehicle please add it to the list.

Offline YamaRaja

• Copper Member
      • Elite Squad
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
M3, cant see above the view of a 2 year old from the drivers position.
Most planes I fly with the default view as it is now I cannot line shots up at all.
It really is fuber for Track Ir users.
The basic view positions for all aircraft and vehicles were obviously not checked.

Releasing poorly tested versions will kill a game.
As the former beta test lead for a different flight game I know all to well.
Pushing out releases to early without proper testing should never be done.

Perhaps Hi Tech should start a player beta test team.
Find someone to run the team, I dont have the time or I would offer my services.

Yama
Never leave a wingman behind

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »

Perhaps Hi Tech should start a player beta test team.
Find someone to run the team, I dont have the time or I would offer my services.

Well in HTC's defense, they did put out a test version.  Apparently nobody caught the problem, I know I didn't.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder