Author Topic: Turn off Collision  (Read 1457 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Turn off Collision
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »
Lusche's animation is the best setup for this.

This is two players BOTH filming a collision. The P47 is flying strait and level so BOTH films are layed over each other placing the P47 in the same spot. Watch as the pony closes in. From one players view the pony NEVER got any where near hitting the others, however the other player's computer detected a collision and so marked it as such.

If you were watching the pony closing in and before you thought he was even close your plane falls apart and falls from the sky.  :rolleyes: Personally I'd rather have my own fate in my own hands and work to AVOID hitting other planes instead of just having my plane fall out of the sky because some one flew by close.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »
both planes should go down - latency or no

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 09:20:12 PM »
both planes should go down - latency or no

So you would be happy to have a plane merge with you, you take him down your left side with a good 4 wing span spacing between the two of you and you lose a wing and go down with out firering a shot or starting a maneuver?

I don't think so. Until there is faster than light internet this is the best your going to get with YOU being in control with your plane and being able to avoid the other one.

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »
Lusche's animation is the best setup for this.

(Image removed from quote.)

This is two players BOTH filming a collision. The P47 is flying strait and level so BOTH films are layed over each other placing the P47 in the same spot. Watch as the pony closes in. From one players view the pony NEVER got any where near hitting the others, however the other player's computer detected a collision and so marked it as such.

If you were watching the pony closing in and before you thought he was even close your plane falls apart and falls from the sky.  :rolleyes: Personally I'd rather have my own fate in my own hands and work to AVOID hitting other planes instead of just having my plane fall out of the sky because some one flew by close.

Really good example of lag and how it pertains to online gaming.

Not to get too far off topic, but back in the mid 90's... I used to play Mechwarrior 2 Mercs online... over dialup.  Understanding lag and how it works was critical.  A tactic called "lag shooting" was developed back then.  Once you figured out how much lag there was between your opponent and yourself... you would simply over compensate your lead on the target to shoot at where he "really" was (or was going)... not where he appeared to be. 

At least AH has that built into the client side so where you see your target, is where you shoot, and if you hit him on your screen, he takes the damage.

Can you imagine the whines of people now if they had to learn to lag shoot... and do it for 10 - 20 different opponents in the sky at the same time... all with a different latency?

***G3-MF***

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012, 12:53:55 AM »
you guys should see the lag in world of tanks.  it makes what's his name have the fastest connection when compared to some guys that play wot.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 03:09:32 AM »
ok, I need a cookie. . . and I retract my previous statement.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
You need to think about the kind of merge you are going to accept. 
Icons are visible from 6k, plenty of time to get yourself organised.
The colision model is fair to both.  Understand the issue of unavoidable internet lag.

Probably not the best of ides to fly straight into someones guns/plane anyway
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 10:17:20 AM »
I thought that a "top spitfire" pilot would easily be able to avoid collisions, seeing as how manuverable a spit is...

:headscratch:

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Wofat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »
+1 On Just Turn Off Collision

Thank you.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 01:07:03 PM »
I thought that a "top spitfire" pilot would easily be able to avoid collisions, seeing as how manuverable a spit is...

:old: Indeed

If one wanted to.   :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:08:57 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »

not when a plane collides with you from behind but it's only seen on your front end.  that's how most of my collisions are.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 06:20:31 PM »
I only remember one collision that annoyed me.  I spawned onto runway and got a "You have collided" message and killed by a guy vulching.

I hadn't moved...the engine was still spinning up.  I know the bullets killed my plane but the guy must have flown right through me!
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »
i have tried to turn at D1000 and still get rammed. I know it is on purpose most times by a heavier built plane. Perhaps the enemy plane is low on fuel or ammo and wants to just ram me to take me out. But the fact that they dont get killed and I do is the REAL issue. Lets be real here...two prop planes fly at 300mph at each other, lets say a few Pipers, they collide...do you really think one would just keep on flying? Heck no! Both planes go down and both pilots would die!

To fix this...IF planes collide in AH, both planes go down and the pilots die. This would help the game a lot and people would not HO as much or ram on purpose.
+1  IN  :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »
I would like to see it changed so that when someone collides with you and dies themself but you live you get credit for the kill as if you had landed some pings..
 :joystick:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.