Author Topic: Bf-109 Training?  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Bf-109 Training?
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2012, 05:37:33 PM »
FYI...

Deb and I used to duel all the time.... duel == practice... it works don't believe me? hope this helps

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012, 06:20:15 PM »
I thought i was flying allright til Bunny showed me how to fly the 109, how to go post-stall... was like when you open a window and see a new world outside instead of your closed room...
Then i met Krupinski... and realized how awesome the outside world is and how insanely long the way is to improve... and it was the best fun to explore the unknown, pull new moves i never knew they are possible before...

Dueling is the fundament of everything. Find one who beats you all the time, call him to 1v1, and stick with him til you can beat him most of the time. Then find an even better one...
Belive me, you wont get bored!
Best wishes.
 :aok

"You take a mortal man
And put him in control
Whatch him become a god
Whatch peoples heads a'roll"
AoM
City of ice

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 07:49:47 PM »
I thought i was flying allright til Bunny showed me how to fly the 109, how to go post-stall... was like when you open a window and see a new world outside instead of your closed room...
Then i met Krupinski... and realized how awesome the outside world is and how insanely long the way is to improve... and it was the best fun to explore the unknown, pull new moves i never knew they are possible before...

Dueling is the fundament of everything. Find one who beats you all the time, call him to 1v1, and stick with him til you can beat him most of the time. Then find an even better one...
Belive me, you wont get bored!
Best wishes.
 :aok

"You take a mortal man
And put him in control
Whatch him become a god
Whatch peoples heads a'roll"

FYI...

Deb and I used to duel all the time.... duel == practice... it works don't believe me? hope this helps

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

I DA people when I can, although 9/10, no one accepts the offer. I've had fun with Deb, Krup, Redbull, Irishone and a few others with 109s. I'll learn that tail slide/flip move some day!  :old: Most of the time, I win because I keep watch of my E and my opponent's E and when I see I have more, I rope and go for the kill on the way down. Rarely do I win through TnB ACM, with all the fancy throttle work and rudder and fancy tailslides and moves, which is why I lose most of the time  :lol. I'm an E fighter, true to heart, can't escape it. Can't do those fancy ACMs without me ending up in the ground or in a ball of flame.  :airplane:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2012, 10:04:34 PM »
Nothing wrong with E fighting. Grow a thick skin though.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »
Or grow some hair on the peaches and fight it out.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2012, 11:13:41 PM »
Or grow some hair on the peaches and fight it out.

It is a different style of fighting neither is better or worse than the other.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2012, 12:55:32 AM »
I DA people when I can, although 9/10, no one accepts the offer.

here is a trick... challenge their cartoon egos.... you'd be surprised how many old men are so desperate to prove themselves.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2012, 06:59:19 AM »
It is a different style of fighting neither is better or worse than the other.
That's fine and dandy untill your forced to fight and then stuck squirming around like a fish out of water because you never fought anyone.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 07:55:10 AM »
That's fine and dandy untill your forced to fight and then stuck squirming around like a fish out of water because you never fought anyone.

I think you missed my point. Which does not surprise me.

It takes both skill sets to be good. You can't do only one and be decent.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
I <3 K4's...
 :bolt:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2012, 12:47:09 PM »
I think you missed my point.
what are you trying to prove? Does running around diving down from 5k advantage and zooming back up allow you to "learn" a plane?  

Only way to learn a plane is to fly it on edge!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »
90% can't or won't learn how to do it, they stick to the BnZ and pretend they are anything good. I run across 1 good 109 stick out of dozens, I know whose good and whose just an average stick who picks.

Most of us with any concept of ACM can figure out who knows what. I flew against Agent360 enough times, I can't think of many who could challenge his status as one of the top k pilots period.
JG 52

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »
BnZing from 5k away wont teach you anything, its clean enough for everyone.
But in a duel situation, if your opponent is burning too much E forcing the overshoot, rope him! (thats how i get killed most of the time haha) Its a crazy chess game only burning a little bit much energy than your opponent to be able to catch him on the rope but still getting the edge at the start of the scissors, or realize youre about to overshoot and save the situation with a well timed rope... and aye, its takes a LOAD of skills. This method works against every style i ever met, and in the worst case you start the scissors from an equal position. There is an other skill set required to actually win the scissors, even from advantage. In my book they count with an equal weight. Other thing, i tryed to avoid E-fighting, sometimes even against zeeks or hurries... i got killed a LOT, thanks to my lack of skills.

I fought both with Titan and Sukov, neither of them are BnZ homies, so chill, mud wrestlers... especially Jo, you completely misunderstood Sukov.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:14:40 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »

Oh I've been called plenty of names and I don't care. In my opinion, you can pick and BnZ as much as you like, as long as you have the skill to make it up in a TnB 1v1 situation. If all you do is pick and *run*, oh god, especially *RUN*, then you're a muffin. Only time I'll ever run is when: A. No ammo/fuel B. Critical damage (radiator/PW/flaps) or C. There's just too many to handle (4+). I pick all the time, I admit it, but when I get caught, I don't run, I stick it out and fight unless A,B,C happens. C happens way too much though  :noid.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »
In my opinion, you can pick and BnZ as much as you like, as long as you have the skill to make it up in a TnB 1v1 situation.
So if youre skilled, you got the rights to pick like a mofo? Got a headache reading your lines...

IMO skills will never justify the lame behaviour, even making it worse. Okay, BnZ when there are more opponents than buddies, pick in a 10v10 or 5v5, noone excepts you to fight 1v1 in a many vs many...
Still, if you think you got skills, you "dont have to" jump in if you see a good 1v1 underneath you. Its better knowing where the line is between being smart and gay.
AoM
City of ice