Author Topic: House broken into.  (Read 3126 times)

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
Re: House broken into.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 04:55:40 PM »
Same thing happen to me a few month's ago but i was home, It sounded like window broke (1am) so i grab my 12 gauge pump then headed down to the 1st floor as soon as i turned the corner there he was trying to pick up my TV witch was bolted to the wall, The look on his face when he heared me pump the gun made my day, It went from i am stealing your tv face to oh watermelon i just filled my short's, I didn't let him leave, Waited till the sheriffs got here to take him in, But the look on his face was priceless.

71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 06:49:53 PM »
Decided to go with an alarm.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 07:09:31 PM »
Don't put the stupid sign out front!  Let the screaming alarm let them know your protected.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 07:19:36 PM »
Sorry to hear about this Getback.

Just remember that alarms don't stop thieves they just let them know that the police and/or the homeowner have been alerted. If they are determined they still get the luxury of a few minutes (if the local PD is on their game, many more minutes if they PD is tied up on something else) to get whatever they came for and get out.

Be sure to go with an external siren if your municipality/homeowners association allows for them. I've seen more then one badguy scramble once he busted the window in and heard a 120db siren screaming to the neighbors. Also there are some really loud indoor sirens you can get also... makes it extremely uncomfortable to be around them for more then a few seconds. Also stops the badguy from being able to hear IF someone is in the house or coming up to it.

Shop around your local alarm guys.. if your house isn't prewired then be prepared to go with wireless... nowadays they are just as solid as wired but you do have the hassle of changing battery's every 1-3 years (model dependent).

Another upside is that if your neighbors don't have alarm signs out and you do... your usually the last to get hit. A camera out front and back is always a good bet also.. fake or otherwise.
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 08:09:56 PM »
Sorry to hear about that Getback. IF anyone tries that at our house, between my Wife or Father or myself, they'll leave in a body bag. Someone is home 24/7 with numerous defensive weapons (9 mm, .45 Cal, 12 gauge, 16 gauge) stashed around the house. Texas does NOT tolerate that! We now have the "Castle Law" which means our vehicles are an extension of our homes, which also allows us to carry hidden weapons in our vehicles for self protection. :mad:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »
The look on his face when he heared me pump the gun made my day,

Not to be a dick, but you are lucky we wasn't armed.  You hear someone in your home and decide to confront them, rack it quietly first.  A prepared adversary will not give you a chance when you "walk up" on them.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
Getback, smart choice on the alarm.  A determined burglar will come back.  Make sure your siren is also an exterior that your neighbors can hear.  Also, make sure you do not set it off unintentionally too often.  Wish you better luck in the future.

One thing I can say for certain is that thieves suck.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 07:21:08 AM »
Not to be a dick, but you are lucky we wasn't armed.  You hear someone in your home and decide to confront them, rack it quietly first.  A prepared adversary will not give you a chance when you "walk up" on them.

How very true  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline hawkeyeluke13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »
If someone ever breaks into my house, here in tennesse its the the stand your ground law, I hope they enjoy 5-10 rounds of .223 hps, btw, I can empty a 30 mag clip in less then 15 seconds  into a 3-5 inch group , and we can shoot em as soon as they get in the house, and I shoot first and call the cops later.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 10:01:05 AM »
If someone ever breaks into my house, here in tennesse its the the stand your ground law, I hope they enjoy 5-10 rounds of .223 hps, btw, I can empty a 30 mag clip in less then 15 seconds  into a 3-5 inch group , and we can shoot em as soon as they get in the house, and I shoot first and call the cops later.

Shooting .223 in a house?  Hope you don't kill any of your neighbors.  I'm a believer in frangible home defense rounds.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 10:06:27 AM »
Uhh...a little unnecessary. .223 may be the worst choice. Will go right through a person and into things behind it. HD rounds

Beat me to it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:10:15 AM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline hawkeyeluke13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 10:19:35 AM »
Hollow points boys, where live, they will not over penetrate and kill my neighbors, I own a glock 17 , but , i just feel alot better fighting with my AR platform, I would rather use my AR, , and besides, I live in the country so. 

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »
I live in the country too. But I still wouldn't clear my own house with an AR if my life depended on it. Too big and bulky going around corners, if you're walking in a set shoot position the guy is going to see the muzzle before you even are close to walking around the corner.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »
You guys are a bunch of badasses.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »
I'd use pistols in close.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)