Author Topic: What constitutes a "horde"?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: What constitutes a "horde"?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 05:32:33 PM »
Grab a plane or a tank and go kill or be killed. Hang out with your friends and have some fun. That's really what its about. Don't worry too much about what the win the war generals think or the I live for the fight cyber heroes think. Win the map in this game and you're still not a real war hero. Shoot down 9 guys in this game using flawless ACM, you're still not a real fighter pilot. Granted there are real fighter pilots and I'd wager some real war heroes that do enjoy this game. You can bet they're not the ones making all the fuss on 200 or this BBS.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »
 :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 05:42:11 PM »
There is a derrogatory name for everything, that someone else does not agree with.

FYI there is no "AltTard", that is an "Alt Monkey".

Ignore them all, find your own fun, go do that.  And be nice, that's fun too.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline WYOKIDIII

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »
There is a derrogatory name for everything, that someone else does not agree with.

FYI there is no "AltTard", that is an "Alt Monkey".

Ignore them all, find your own fun, go do that.  And don't be a dick.

fixed
Sooo....What , are those guys here to kill you because God forgot too ?

Hank Venture

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »
Two of the sides that start with a R and N say that more than 1 B is a horde while their sides 20-50 is a well planed mission :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »
fightertard!

(if that ever becomes an actual term, the game is gone)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »
fightertard!

(if that ever becomes an actual term, the game is gone)

A fightertard is called a Suicide Dweeb :D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »
there seems to be a typical progression when one starts playing this game, most start in a large squad, and take bases... most people get bored with it after awhile. they either quit, or find other things to do in the game besides team up with 20 other people and blow up town buildings all night.  its fine for learning the ropes, but if flying with 20-30 friends against 0-2 enemy is still fun after any extended period of time, I ask why bother even having 3 countries, everyone should just join 1 country and roll all the bases.

the main thing to remember, not everyone cares about bases or "the war". when you don't care, there's no reason to fly in large groups of friendlies.. its boring because the more friends are around, the less chance of having any actual combat with an enemy.  and having combat is the true objective of the game.

I like this guy.

- oldman

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »
I talk a good game, but I just shoot vulchers now from 37mm field guns.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »
If you are vastly outnumbered.... it's a horde.

If your group vastly outnumbers the other group.... they should have brought more help.

If the groups are even and your getting shot down over and over..... it's a horde.

If the groups are even and your side keeps shooting down an individual pilot...... he should stop whining and get some TA time.

That about covers how hordes are mostly considered in game.

Have a nice day..... :D

Brilliant definition!  Here I was going to start quoting Freud and Pavlov but this does the job without the psychobabble :aok
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »
The game is not about WAR, tho winning the war is one of the many options available during game play/ The game is about combat, the war is there to give combat a place to happen. GV's promote the the same thing, another way to create combat be it in battle against other GVs, of being fighters in to attack the people bombing the GVs. The game is all about combat.

As for the horde, more often than not I see it explained, and complained about as a large group the completely flattens a base in minutes capturing said base and then disappearing to pop up at some other undefended base to do the same thing over and over and over again. The problem with hordes is they avoid the main purpose of the game, they avoid combat. Either by attacking in stealth mode (NOE), or with such over whelming numbers that they couldn't possible be stopped even should people try to defend. Years ago people use to try to stop/slow the hordes, now adays, they just avoid them and let them roll base after base. Instead they join their own hordes avoiding the enemy hordes and race to see who can capture more bases faster.
:aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
In my opinion, the Horde is different than what is thrown out many times.

I find the "Horde" to be the group that drops hangars and deacks a base to where no one can possibly up from it, then loses 10 goons because they're all busy trying to vulch a runway nothing will up from for 15 minutes anyways.

It's not a well planned mission if this happens.   :devil
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 10:35:25 PM »
In my opinion, the Horde is different than what is thrown out many times.

I find the "Horde" to be the group that drops hangars and deacks a base to where no one can possibly up from it, then loses 10 goons because they're all busy trying to vulch a runway nothing will up from for 15 minutes anyways.

It's not a well planned mission if this happens.   :devil

I think this one fits for me too.  To me a horde has no intention of fighting anyone.  If anything they want to avoid combat if at all possible.  If forced to deal with the other side they hope that having 30 more planes then the defenders will make that easier..

Their usual response to being called a horde is to blame the 3 defenders for not spotting them sooner.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 11:02:26 PM »
A hoard is a very large number advantage...does not matter what they are doing.

most who fly in the hoard couldn't fight there way out of a paper bag with a straight razor :aok

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 07:55:53 AM »
I r teh horde!

I r teh Army of One!

I r teh HORDE COMMANDER!

no, seriously, I am.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB