Author Topic: Wehrmacht film in progress  (Read 496 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Wehrmacht film in progress
« on: April 11, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4fC71JNEZU&feature=youtu.be

I'll have ground clutter and all that enabled when I've gotten the additional needed footage.

Constructive criticism welcome.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:48:07 PM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Wehrmacht film in progress
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »
Turn off icons
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 01:25:44 PM »
Thanks dolby, I'm not sure why I haven't before.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:49:33 PM »
Not bad for a rough draft. It definitely has potential to be a good film. That said I do have quite a bit of criticism.

First: I love Dropkick Murphy's, but they just don't fit a video focusing on the German military. Especially a song about the First World War.  And as a Vtard, how do you not go with their song "The Devil's Brigade"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJSzrANyNw&feature=relmfu  :devil

Second: Your first shot takes too long too develop and that camera angle is best used for a close persuit. You can cut out a good 10 seconds from the very beginning and not lose anything.

Third: On the 262 takeoff, cut out the segments with the Corsair and P-51. If this is supposed to be about the Luftwaffe, these planes are only worth showing as targets, not showboating over your formation.

Fourth: On the tailless La7 shot, don't show the same shot the whole way through from differant angles. I would use the first part as the setup, to the point that the plane starts to climb after the tail is shot off. Then use the second angle for the killshot that makes him explode, but zoom in so you get a full screen. This also applies to the 262 kill on the B-17. Redundant action is a waste of time in my opinion.

Fifth: The in game audio is terrible. It adds nothing to the video, and the quality is crap. I'd replace it with more music.

Sixth: The GV raid needs more varying shots in general, and in particular, the T-34 shot should be cut out entirely. Shouldn't you show your tanks attacking enemy tanks instead of the other way around? That shot is too long, too separated from the action, and the graphic glitch of the fire in the background make it painful to watch. Also I'd remove the flipped Panzer IV that slides like a hockey puck.

Lastly: No icons are a must. Nothing separates the good films from the bad faster than seeing an icon.

I hope you don't take all this to hard as that is not my intent. I am just trying to help you maximize the potential of the film work you have done. What I have seen so far tells me that you bring more to table than most user films (who merely show kill shots from the chase cam set to Nickelback). Good luck.  :cheers:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »
Nope.  Constructive criticism is welcome and the film making process isn't something I've come close to mastering.

The audio was just thrown together as quickly as possible.  I had a orchestral tune in mind but have no idea what it's called.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »
Suggestions:

Don't use a fixed view..... boring

Trim the excess

LESS ALLIED CRAP
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"