Author Topic: Since Last Update Monitor problem  (Read 417 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Since Last Update Monitor problem
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »
Since the last update, whenever I have aces high or the film viewer running.  Something is causing my monitor's menu to pop up constantly.  It only happens when I do aces high.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Since Last Update Monitor problem
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:31:38 AM »
Did you install the monitors software and does it have a hot key to open the menu?

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 03:16:04 AM »
No software installed on the monitor, no hot key to open menu.  The brightness adjustment is what keeps popping up and there is no button on the front of the monitor to toggle brightness.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »
Nevermind.  It began happening while doing other stuff as well.  Solution was to open the monitor case, removed the board that has all the monitor buttons on it.  Cut all wires aside from the one to the power switch and problem is solved :)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »
Nevermind.  It began happening while doing other stuff as well.  Solution was to open the monitor case, removed the board that has all the monitor buttons on it.  Cut all wires aside from the one to the power switch and problem is solved :)

lmao, quite extreme way to fix the issue :aok  :rofl you
now posting as SirNuke

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »
Stop messing around with your monitors buttons when you have sticky fingers.... and no I'm NOT going to ask how you got "sticky fingers"!  :bolt:

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
Intermittent dead short between the hot sides of volume+ , Menu and Display mode.  I didn't know they made wire this small, it makes cat 3 conductor look big.