Author Topic: If you're bored  (Read 2156 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: If you're bored
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
anyone that missed this is missing a LOT. there's everything in this scenario for everyone. there's even ground war for you gv guys.

in frame 1 i participated in the ground war, and it was a blast....literally, as i got blasted.  :x in the second frame i was air only, but again......massive fun. there's weather, and it is somewhat realistic. you guys oughtta check it out.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:20:50 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »
Oh good for you!!!  So you are a student and presumably quite young.  I will be 59 this year, work full time and simply not able to stay up in the early hours of the morning!  If I didn't have to go to work it would maybe be possible, but for the foreseeable future it is not. 3pm EST is a tried and fully tested time to cater for a wide range of time zones and works far better for me and the majority of Euro players.

I'm sorry.  Truly I am, I wish everyone could be in this.  Yes, the 3pm EST is the standard and it has worked well for years.  I look at this as a gift.
I would never be able to fly this because I work.  I want you to be able to play too Flossy, so I hope they change it back for the next one and I think that was the plan. 
Wag more, bark less.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
Oh good for you!!!  So you are a student and presumably quite young.  I will be 59 this year, work full time and simply not able to stay up in the early hours of the morning!  If I didn't have to go to work it would maybe be possible, but for the foreseeable future it is not. 3pm EST is a tried and fully tested time to cater for a wide range of time zones and works far better for me and the majority of Euro players.

quite a few of us are still at work at 3pm.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »
I played in the scenario, I was bored to death.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 02:49:17 PM »
I played in the scenario, I was bored to death.

semp
where/what were you flying? we flew out about 25-35 minutes, found some bad guys, which we avoided, dropped our ords, then bravely ran away till we got some alt again.....than we found the fight.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »
where/what were you flying? we flew out about 25-35 minutes, found some bad guys, which we avoided, dropped our ords, then bravely ran away till we got some alt again.....than we found the fight.......

at the end i found 3 p38's dropping bombs on gv's they would drop and run like hell back to base to get more bombs instead of engage.  to be honest.  I joined the scenario but I have spend hours and hours flying around to find cons that will run in order not to die.

this was my last scenario.  good luck to the rest of you guys.  wish you the best.  but I wont join another one.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 09:31:46 PM »
at the end i found 3 p38's dropping bombs on gv's they would drop and run like hell back to base to get more bombs instead of engage.  to be honest.  I joined the scenario but I have spend hours and hours flying around to find cons that will run in order not to die.

this was my last scenario.  good luck to the rest of you guys.  wish you the best.  but I wont join another one.

semp

sorry dude. i wish there were something we could do to make it more fun for ya.

what you were talking about near the end was necessary. they needed to stop the ground forces, and hold that base. by chance were you a lone 190? i''m curious, as i tried to engage one  a couple minutes before the end, and said 190 blew right by me, headed for the crowd of pilots bombing the gv's, and then still tried to not engage.

you need to understand that the guys that design these setups, and then the guys that set up the arenas work their buts off trying to give everyone a piece of the action. that's why there's a ground war in this one. people were asking for ground war, and now that it was provided, not many signed up for that part.
 the same thing happens in the ava. i've taled to jaegr1, shifty, dichodog, personally on the phone. they/we all try like bastages to make everyone happy all the time.

anyway.......sorry dood.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »
Main thing I think people forget is a scenario is not the MA.  There are orders and objectives, and they need to be followed.

I wanted to furball like crazy, but kept getting ordered to RTB for more bombs, which I did, to drop a VH we couldn't drop with the amount of ord we had, but we did anyways.  Those are orders.  If I don't follow, then others won't follow, then there's a breakdown and anarchy, and next thing you know the Huns...  (wait, I'm axis) the Limeys are breaking down the front gates!   :old:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »
You should pop in for tonights scenario!  Walk-ons are welcome, and there's still 15 minutes left to join!

The In Flight Movie will be Encino Man starring Brendan Fraser and Polly Shore.  We hope to see you there.

:salute

Did anyone wheeze the juice?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
Future scenarios will be better without any ground war. It is obvious from the lack of participation of the GV types that they are not interested.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »
I for one had a great time...... :rock
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 12:32:15 PM »
Future scenarios will be better without any ground war. It is obvious from the lack of participation of the GV types that they are not interested.
Now I would have enjoyed that.... sure the issue isn't more to do with timing?   :P
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »
Now I would have enjoyed that.... sure the issue isn't more to do with timing?   :P

Timing for every GVer on earth?   :confused:

Hey wait a minute.... aren't you and the rest of the girls supposed to be cleaning my 38?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »
Timing for every GVer on earth?   :confused:

Hey wait a minute.... aren't you and the rest of the girls supposed to be cleaning my 38?
In your dreams!   :neener:
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun