Author Topic: My mom called me  (Read 6092 times)

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
Re: My mom called me
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 12:15:22 AM »
its definantly not a rattler. and you can easily tell if a snake is poisonous by the shape of the head. this one doesnt look to be poisonous. its probably a king or gardner snake. I get those in my driveway all the time. Just monday after shooting a rabbit near the end of my driveway i went to retrieve it and i stepped on a rattler snake. 12 gauge quickly ended his reign and hes now bagged in the freezer.

and how did he get into your chicken coop? Ive got a million snakes where i live and ive never had one get into mine

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 12:16:48 AM »
IDK Texas, but I'm pretty sure killing snakes is illegal here in TN....
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »
and how did he get into your chicken coop?

Dunno, but that's my project for tomorrow. Figure out how it got in the coop.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 12:26:40 AM »
I don't care either way about the snake dying, personally I don't like snakes; had a bad expirience with a rattler as a kid and now they scare the **** out of me, but I don't condone killing them for the sake of killing them. However, I fail to see how the snake getting the baby chickens is nessicarily his (or his family's) fault.

I mean if they did something stupid like leaving the door to the coop open or just letting the chickens run loose in the barn or whatever, yeah, it would be their fault. But if a snake just somehow got into the chicken coop, its nobody's fault, just one of those things that happens. And its not like the snakes gonna be missed, so no problems with it dying.

Snakes gotta eat so its not the snakes fault, and if they did everything reasonable to keep the chickens safe, its not their fault either. Just saying, the 'if you can't keep your chickens safe' comment seemed unessecary, I mean are they supposed to take turns guarding the chicken coop 24/7?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 12:28:27 AM »
Just saying, the 'if you can't keep your chickens safe' comment seemed unessecary, I mean are they supposed to take turns guarding the chicken coop 24/7?

It was, but I kinda expect low blows like that here.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
He definately deserved to die, after all he's all slithery and scaley and not at all soft and cuddly. And he was hungry. !"$^%^$££$, what did he anticipate was going to happen if he maliciously attacked what were quite obviously domestic animals, he must have known they belonged to someone and he scoffed them anyway. Not to mention they were all yellow and fluffy with sweet little faces. :aok

Good show I say to you Sir :salute

"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 01:13:10 AM »
Im on Tupac's side, I would've done the same thing. Snake ate my chickens? aww hellz nah! Lol but seriously, why let it go so it can come back and do it again? And it is not like they are endangered or anything, lighten up fellas!  :aok

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 01:14:58 AM »
Im on Tupac's side, I would've done the same thing.  And it is not like they are endangered or anything, lighten up fellas!  :aok

lol neither are chickens. you can buy em for pocket change

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 01:28:36 AM »
I am forever getting pigeons out of chimneys. invariably the householder wants it dead wben its dragged out, terrified, with its eyes full of soot. now if it is injured and suffering then i will put it out of its misery. But iit makes me feel great if i can wash itz peepers out, give it a drink and let the verminous little bugger go. After all its just being a pigeon, not compelling justification for wrenching its bonce off
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 01:32:06 AM »
Im on Tupac's side, I would've done the same thing. Snake ate my chickens? aww hellz nah! Lol but seriously, why let it go so it can come back and do it again? And it is not like they are endangered or anything, lighten up fellas!  :aok

:salute RedBull

I am forever getting pigeons out of chimneys. invariably the householder wants it dead wben its dragged out, terrified, with its eyes full of soot. now if it is injured and suffering then i will put it out of its misery. But iit makes me feel great if i can wash itz peepers out, give it a drink and let the verminous little bugger go. After all its just being a pigeon, not compelling justification for wrenching its bonce off

Pigeons and snakes are quite different - I wouldn't kill a pigeon if it wasn't suffering. I don't like snakes, I will try not to kill them but there was no way I was gonna touch that snake as long as it was breathing. There was no way I was going to be able to relocate it, because I wouldn't be able to get it in the bucket, and I most certainly wasn't going to let it wander around our property and possibly kill more chicks.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 01:54:20 AM »
:salute RedBull

Pigeons and snakes are quite different - I wouldn't kill a pigeon if it wasn't suffering. I don't like snakes, I will try not to kill them but there was no way I was gonna touch that snake as long as it was breathing. There was no way I was going to be able to relocate it, because I wouldn't be able to get it in the bucket, and I most certainly wasn't going to let it wander around our property and possibly kill more chicks.
I can't wait for you're next thread in how you fixed your chicken coop, I'm sure it will be a riveting tale.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 03:43:11 AM »
"Assassination with extreme prejudice"  :aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 03:48:39 AM »
Very valid point which I can agree with!
I can't wait for you're next thread in how you fixed your chicken coop, I'm sure it will be a riveting tale.
When the hell did you get on this high horse suns???
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 05:17:25 AM »
Very valid point which I can agree with!  When the hell did you get on this high horse suns???
+1  :bolt:
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 06:26:43 AM »
With the notable exception of the three "lumps" I'd say he did an excellent job of protecting the chickens. Predators and farm animals don't mix. (I realize coming from me that last part must sound a little weird...)
No gods or kings. Only Predator.