FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Lol!
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »
That video is a diesel that lost it's connection to the load on the dyno.

As far as the 2zz, they have many different manifestations to the owner selecting the wrong gear.

Small failure:    Car comes in with check engine light.      Code is for a VVTLI malfunction.

Fix:    Replace the broken bolts that hold the rocker arm shaft and check the debris screens oil control actuators.

What happened:  A bolt (or bolts) with the extended unthreaded tip broke off.

Thier job is to keep the rocker shafts from turning.

Bolt breaks, rocker shaft turns, VVT issues code because the ecu did not get the state change it wanted.

Big failure:   Pretty obvious carnage as shown above but the other things to check are the transmission operation and the pressure plate which will actually suffer bent "springs" (not coil springs).

This is usually found after the engine is replaced and owner complains that his clutch pedal is pulsing when he has  his foot on it lightly.

Most of my earnings from 2003 to 2005 were from fixing those cars..........some more than once until I joined all the forums as a spy and found the owners of the cars I was working on were either modded by using an early model knock sensor which allowed them to raise the redline to the early production rpms which are higher than the later rpm limits.

I turned a lot of those "warranty failures" into customer pay goldmines.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:06:16 AM by icepac »