Author Topic: The Big Wishlist  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: The Big Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »
its really bad when i can only pick out 3 aircraft of that list that would even make it in the game

You have almost earned yourself a spot in the Wishlist Filter Committee!  Keep working hard, and someday you, TOO, will be one of us.  :salute

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,262068.0.html
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 09:07:03 PM »
Well not all of us fit into that category. I for one love a good challenge. If I never lost a fight I wouldn't play this game.

This game is still 90% pilot and 10% plane. Way to much is put on the A/C's top speed when the pilots choices have way more to do with success in this game than needing the next plane added to be fast and well armed.

Yep, anyone can land 2 kills in a late war fighter, try to see how hard it is in an early war vs late war fighter. To me its more perks to land 2 in a 30 eny plane then it is in a P51..

If I wanted to scoretard, sure I'd pick a tempest for an entire tour, few tours ago I managed #1 in fighters in a C.205 and P38J by luck Bruv decided to ignore it to capture his #1 overall rank.

I am looking forward to aircraft like the D.520 and Ki-43, interesting challenge :)
JG 52

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 05:31:56 AM »
Yep, anyone can land 2 kills in a late war fighter, try to see how hard it is in an early war vs late war fighter. To me its more perks to land 2 in a 30 eny plane then it is in a P51..

If I wanted to scoretard, sure I'd pick a tempest for an entire tour, few tours ago I managed #1 in fighters in a C.205 and P38J by luck Bruv decided to ignore it to capture his #1 overall rank.

I am looking forward to aircraft like the D.520 and Ki-43, interesting challenge :)

and yet there are lots of us who couldnt care less about the perks or the points.  we fly the planes we fly because we have fun with them.  we already have enough airplanes that are slow as hell with little to no guns.  why add more that will hardly get used?  I would rather see the a26 and the bike with the side car and a machine gun.  now those 2 would be fun to have.

btw the c205 is by far not one of the hardest airplanes to get kills on.  I have flown it before and it's pretty easy to get kills.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 07:45:04 AM »
and yet there are lots of us who couldnt care less about the perks or the points.  we fly the planes we fly because we have fun with them.  we already have enough airplanes that are slow as hell with little to no guns.  why add more that will hardly get used?  I would rather see the a26 and the bike with the side car and a machine gun.  now those 2 would be fun to have.

btw the c205 is by far not one of the hardest airplanes to get kills on.  I have flown it before and it's pretty easy to get kills.

semp

Hell, any plane added is a good one. Just because one person don't use it doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. No one ever flies the B5N2, so Should it be removed from the game? No.
Likewise, if people won't fly a Ki-43, D.520 or Ki-27, should it never be added to the game?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 02:14:30 PM »

semp

of course it is when they are sitting on the runway :bolt:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »
of course it is when they are sitting on the runway :bolt:

ah shut up before i make you run again  :D

semp

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 02:50:03 PM »
Hell, any plane added is a good one. Just because one person don't use it doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. No one ever flies the B5N2, so Should it be removed from the game? No.
Likewise, if people won't fly a Ki-43, D.520 or Ki-27, should it never be added to the game?

Ha!  That's not entirely true.  I still up the Kate from time to time, AND do torpedo runs on enemy cv's in it.  Now seeing them fly in numbers, THAT is so rare that you would probably hit the lottery 3 times in a row before you are likely to see more than 4 Kates wing up at the same time in the MA's. :lol

I hope we get more ew fighters and bombers.  It would be real nice to actually do a Battle of France Scenario/FSO ya know.  Hell, if lucky enough, we may see a Spanish Civil War and the Invasion of Poland Scenario/FSO because of this.  What of the Japanese invasion of China?  Another good one to be in.  The Winter War (The Winter War, not the Continuation War) would also be a nice one to do as well.  What of the early Italian's push in North Africa against the British, or the German's push into Greece?  What of the Japanese invasion of Malaysia?  While it is still fun to participate, having to fly a subbed plane takes some of the immersion out of it.  Who cares if they will be a Hanger Queen in the MA's?  And?  Your point is?  Don't give me that bullocks about it being a "waste of resources". :)  I find a game that gives me more options to play in much better than one that doesn't.  It's fun to key up on squad vox and say, "Hey guys!  Let's do a Spit 1/109 E fighter sweep!", with everyone jumping on board like it was certain death to stay behind. :D  Sure, we may all get greased, but we have fun doing it.  Best of all, we had the OPTION to do it. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »
ah shut up before i make you run again  :D

semp

:ahand

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 04:07:21 PM »

semp
Neither the A-26 nor the bike with the side car would see much use.  The A-26 because it will be perk limited and the bike with the side car because it is far, far, far less capable and useful than the Ki-43 that you deride so much.

I am sorry that history doesn't matter to you, but some of us do care about it.  The Ki-43, and other aircraft that you dismiss, would see some use.  Just because you've never heard of a J2M or Ki-44 doesn't mean they are useless and shouldn't be added.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
Neither the A-26 nor the bike with the side car would see much use.  The A-26 because it will be perk limited and the bike with the side car because it is far, far, far less capable and useful than the Ki-43 that you deride so much.

I am sorry that history doesn't matter to you, but some of us do care about it.  The Ki-43, and other aircraft that you dismiss, would see some use.  Just because you've never heard of a J2M or Ki-44 doesn't mean they are useless and shouldn't be added.

Normally I'm first to argue any comment Karnak makes, but its suppose to be a full moon soon so I agree for once  :airplane:

I think the J2M and Ki-44 would be an interesting addition to the game, far different then the turny a6m as they were both interceptors, built for speed and climb rate over turn radius.

Speed.... if you account for it being early war and an interceptor of course.
JG 52

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, 05:41:23 PM »

listen the reason the Japanese had some really good success with crappy airplanes was because the other guys either didnt have any airplanes or had even worst planes than the Japanese.  Once we started bringing better airplanes we kicked the butts all the way to Japan.  as cool as it would be to have every single airplane out there.  the fricking a26 was used with more success than some obsolete Japanese bomber that were only able to bomb because it had no opposition.  as soon as there was opposition guess what, they all got shot down.

as for the bike with the side car.  that would be a squad event.  I'll bet it would even be racing events.  I know we would.

semp

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
listen the reason the Japanese had some really good success with crappy airplanes was because the other guys either didnt have any airplanes or had even worst planes than the Japanese.  Once we started bringing better airplanes we kicked the butts all the way to Japan.  as cool as it would be to have every single airplane out there.  the fricking a26 was used with more success than some obsolete Japanese bomber that were only able to bomb because it had no opposition.  as soon as there was opposition guess what, they all got shot down.

as for the bike with the side car.  that would be a squad event.  I'll bet it would even be racing events.  I know we would.

semp

It wasn't the planes that made a difference, it was the pilots. Look at the Japanese Navy before and after the battle of midway, it disappeared. They failed to train pilots, and if you look further in the Guadalcanal campaign, most of the aces of the tainan air group were far better pilots then anything the american's had or any other country besides Germany at the time. The constant combat over Guadalcanal / Moresby which was hundreds of miles away, the stress of combat and losses took its toll. Eventually the Japanese could not replace its losses and ended up putting rookies in the fighters.
Before Midway the US navy couldn't touch the Japanese one on one, fact the KB was far to strong and the American's simply didn't have the training to match the Japanese even with an equal carrier battle.
The Japanese were not looking for a perlonged war either, they hoped with the smashing of the Pearl Harbor battleships (and carriers) the U.S. would be more interesting in sidelining in which the Japanese would of been able to build more carriers / battleships.
Germany as well - had trained pilots, but at the time the Me-109 was not exactly the worlds most "advanced" fighter, the D.520 and Spitfire gave it to much trouble in france. You can look at Russia and laugh at the fact the poor Pilot quality was a major problem.

Japanese bombers were obsolete huh? why not read up on the Prince of Wales and Repulse, those "crappy" bombers sank the prize of the Royal Navy.
JG 52

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2012, 06:13:51 PM »
Japanese bombers were obsolete huh? why not read up on the Prince of Wales and Repulse, those "crappy" bombers sank the prize of the Royal Navy.

Or those crappy Japanese dive bombers at Pearl Harbor.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2012, 06:40:47 PM »

semp

The US pilots who test flew the J2M after the war was over spoke of its handling in glowing terms.  As you may have noticed in AH, the Japanese fighters aren't exactly junk.  Once again, reading some history might be instructive to you, or perhaps you need to take off those nationalistic glasses.

There are many reasons we beat the Japanese, later plane quality being one small factor.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »
It wasn't the planes that made a difference, it was the pilots. Look at the Japanese Navy before and after the battle of midway, it disappeared. They failed to train pilots, and if you look further in the Guadalcanal campaign, most of the aces of the tainan air group were far better pilots then anything the american's had or any other country besides Germany at the time. The constant combat over Guadalcanal / Moresby which was hundreds of miles away, the stress of combat and losses took its toll. Eventually the Japanese could not replace its losses and ended up putting rookies in the fighters.
Before Midway the US navy couldn't touch the Japanese one on one, fact the KB was far to strong and the American's simply didn't have the training to match the Japanese even with an equal carrier battle.
The Japanese were not looking for a perlonged war either, they hoped with the smashing of the Pearl Harbor battleships (and carriers) the U.S. would be more interesting in sidelining in which the Japanese would of been able to build more carriers / battleships.
Germany as well - had trained pilots, but at the time the Me-109 was not exactly the worlds most "advanced" fighter, the D.520 and Spitfire gave it to much trouble in france. You can look at Russia and laugh at the fact the poor Pilot quality was a major problem.

sorry but ww2 was not a pilot makes the plane thing.  it was the plane saves the pilot's butt.  once the f6f started then the Japanese knew they couldnt compete as their airplanes werent up to par.  and once the b29 were over japan then the Japanese air force or whatever you call it knew it was over.  my grandpa flew f6f in the pacific and before then p40's.   he thought the p40's were the biggest piece or crap ever created and once he got his hands on an f6f he knew it was over for the Japanese.

so to be honest, yes I wish every single plane in ww2 was available for some of you guys who like to fly "lower" eny.  but to be honest when the tough gets going most of you guys jump on the top of the line just like the rest of us.

semp