Author Topic: The Big Wishlist  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: The Big Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »
sorry but ww2 was not a pilot makes the plane thing.  it was the plane saves the pilot's butt.  once the f6f started then the Japanese knew they couldnt compete as their airplanes werent up to par.  and once the b29 were over japan then the Japanese air force or whatever you call it knew it was over.  my grandpa flew f6f in the pacific and before then p40's.   he thought the p40's were the biggest piece or crap ever created and once he got his hands on an f6f he knew it was over for the Japanese.

semp

The USN flew P-40s? 

Anyway...what your grandfather failed to point out was that the P-40 was one of the planes that broke the Japanese air force's back in the early part of the war (1942-1943) in the SW Pacific.  Of course, it also goes without saying that the AVG was quite successful in that "biggest piece of crap" of a plane.

It's a shame that you're not talking advantage of the opportunity to learn the history of the planes in the game or about the air war itself. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
sorry but ww2 was not a pilot makes the plane thing.  it was the plane saves the pilot's butt.  once the f6f started then the Japanese knew they couldnt compete as their airplanes werent up to par. 

F6F wasn't entirely better then the Zero in the long run, then again you'd know nothing about the Marianas Turkey shoot.

JG 52

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2012, 07:30:04 PM »
The USN flew P-40s? 

Anyway...what your grandfather failed to point out was that the P-40 was one of the planes that broke the Japanese air force's back in the early part of the war (1942-1943) in the SW Pacific.  Of course, it also goes without saying that the AVG was quite successful in that "biggest piece of crap" of a plane.

It's a shame that you're not talking advantage of the opportunity to learn the history of the planes in the game or about the air war itself. 

ack-ack

I recommend he read Fire in the Skies, I have a deep appreciation for what the men and women did during that Triangle of Hell, especially for the pilots themselves dealing with malaria and other tropical diseases that knocked some squads down from 80% activity to less then 20%.
JG 52

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »

so to be honest, yes I wish every single plane in ww2 was available for some of you guys who like to fly "lower" eny.  but to be honest when the tough gets going most of you guys jump on the top of the line just like the rest of us.

semp

Really?  I know it's the case with you but some of us are happy with our mid-war and earlier planes no matter how tough it gets.

ack-ack

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
Actually, when it gets tough I've been jumping to the A6M3 lately.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Full Metal Jug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 07:57:57 PM »
My grandfather flew an F6F in the pacific, and before then P-40's.   He thought that the P-40's were the biggest piece or crap ever created, and once he got his hands on an F6F, he knew it was over for the Japanese.
semp
Lie lie lie lie lie!!! P-40's were probably the greatest plane of the war. The P-40 was the most advanced fighter that took off at Pearl Harbor, the rest were P-35s and P-36s (The Biggest Piece of Crap). You do NOT know what you are talking about! The Flying Tigers, look them up, the P-40 could do a lot of things but stay in a sustained turn. They were rugged, fairly quick for their time (one model was as quick as a P-51, but never introduced due to time of war being late). What was your grand father's name, what squadron did he fly with? Did he transfer to the Navy?

I'm not calling you a liar, but the P-40 is not A-PIECE-OF-CRAP.

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."

— George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
listen the reason the Japanese had some really good success with crappy airplanes was because the other guys either didnt have any airplanes or had even worst planes than the Japanese.  Once we started bringing better airplanes we kicked the butts all the way to Japan.  as cool as it would be to have every single airplane out there.  the fricking a26 was used with more success than some obsolete Japanese bomber that were only able to bomb because it had no opposition.  as soon as there was opposition guess what, they all got shot down.

as for the bike with the side car.  that would be a squad event.  I'll bet it would even be racing events.  I know we would.

semp

LOL...really semp...even you can not believe this.

The Japanese lost due to a combined number of reasons.....industry, leadership, tactics, training, and logistics just to name a couple.

The didn't lose because of the aircraft they fielded. Any issues in late war plane vs plane matchups with the Japanese can be traced to one of the above.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »
<-  Mediocre hack that could shoot down semp's 51 in every plane on the list.  :)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »
Really?  I know it's the case with you but some of us are happy with our mid-war and earlier planes no matter how tough it gets.

ack-ack

akak a p38 while being midwar is more than adequate to fight any late war airplane.  actually the reason i dont go to midwar is because of the p38.  while it was available then, it really unbalances the game when it flies against other planes while having basically the same eny.

the BAR was really a pre ww1 weapon that went all the way to korea, because it was so much better than anybody what was available.  but you really shouldnt say ww1 weapons were used often in korea as it may be misleading and in your situation that may be true.  but of course you will come up with some other weapon that was invented before jesus was born that is used all the way now.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 10:05:34 PM »
but of course you will come up with some other weapon that was invented before jesus was born that is used all the way now.

semp

A rock. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »
If the P-38 is acceptable to you, then so should those crappy Japanese J2M and Ki-44 be acceptable to you.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2012, 10:32:24 PM »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2012, 03:10:21 AM »
A rock. :D

close really close, that would be a rocket.

:rofl

now that's baseball :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2012, 07:07:49 AM »
 Looks like the big Wish List thread got highjacked lol.