Author Topic: What is your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?  (Read 1887 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: What is your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
Zombie's better look the F out....

(Image removed from quote.)

Hey Ink, is that a Paul Chen?  I've been thinking about buying one, have heard good things about them.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »
Hey Ink, is that a Paul Chen?  I've been thinking about buying one, have heard good things about them.

yup...its his "Tiger".... very nice....goes about 1300$ though, although with the new tiger he put out, it may be had for less then that.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 02:28:35 PM »
yup...its his "Tiger".... very nice....goes about 1300$ though, although with the new tiger he put out, it may be had for less then that.

Cool.  I'll take a closer look at them and see what is out there now.  Thanks.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Zexx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »
Mossberg M500 Shotgun for close quarters. Extended Range any 30.06 and a descent scope for long range ideally.

Realistically However an automatic nail gun- since nails will eventually be more plentiful than cartridge rounds will be (and in less demand), Caltrops... wont hurt but will help to slow them down by unbalancing the already awkward limp they have, and if I can find the luxury- a Flame thrower.

In the event that traditional ammo runs out the standard compound bow or cross bow (assuming I can aim decently) and piano wire- lots of it. Why? easy decapitation. It's gruesome, but the insurgency used it with some moderate success in Iraq against coalition convoys (usually gunners). It's thin and given the addled alertness of Zombies- perfect (you also don't have to be in constant contact for it to work....)

just my thoughts...
Yes there is a Huge learning curve in flying. It starts on Take off and ends on the glide slope for landing. In short The grade arc is the difference you take between being in the sky or in a mountainside.

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 03:21:48 PM »
a butter knife and a lawnchair

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 03:25:18 PM »
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 03:27:15 PM »
AK47 and Glock 23
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 03:37:40 PM »
I think, if I am expecting to be on the move a lot...  Then the 22LR weapons are pretty smart.  Anyone who has ever carried much ammo at once knows that high powered rounds are quite heavy.

22LR has the advantage of being small and light.  Should be quite effective on zombies.  After all, from watching The Walking Dead, we have learned that zombie skulls apparently soften enough that pocket knives penetrate fairly easily.  A 22LR Hollow Point should be quite effective.  Plus, 22LR is pretty easy to suppress if you're worried about attracting more zombies with the noise.

So...  I'll carry my Ruger 22/45 pistol and my Ruger 10/22 which I have scoped.  A back pack of ammo would be a crap load, and the ammo will work in either weapon.

Then I'm thinking a good fighting knife like a K-Bar and maybe a katana designed for cutting (not a wall hangar).

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 04:05:10 PM »
it depends of if you are outside or inside.  if outside it wont matter you are pretty much dead as you wont be able to kill them all.  if inside, anything with a silencer so as not to draw attention to more zombies to your house.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2012, 11:32:27 PM »
My weapon? 

A cruise ship.  I'd hang out there until the zombies either rot, dehydrate, or freeze.  It'd only take a week or two in most places. 

AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2012, 11:37:28 PM »
Can't go wrong with an AR-15 for the firearm.  A good aluminum baseball bat would come in handy too, easy to wield but still packs a punch.
My first thoughts as well.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 11:42:13 PM »
My weapon? 

A cruise ship.  I'd hang out there until the zombies either rot, dehydrate, or freeze.  It'd only take a week or two in most places. 

Would be kind of scary, one of them could be hiding in a part of the ship that isn't easily accessible, person accidentally wanders there gets bit, infects all the survivors, could make a horror story off of this plot hehe

Gonna write instead of sleep tonight this idea is to pure!  :devil
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 12:06:50 AM »
Blades never run out of bullets  :aok

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 12:34:24 AM »

My handy AR-15. Ammo is lighter than the 30.06 for my Garand, loads more easily in a panic than my SKSs, I don't need "knock down power" if I need a headshot to kill something, and the bayonet provides a blade for up-close work.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 12:39:48 AM »
All you need to do is find out a way to make it to my house in a zombie apocalypse. With our combined resources our anti zombie fortress will be impenetrable.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."