Author Topic: pleasepleaseplease  (Read 3261 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: pleasepleaseplease
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »
If enough people do not sign up for the ground war maybe the ground war part should be dropped.

That isn't really feasible in this design. Though this scenario was an inch away from being completely cancelled to due low numbers as it was.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 04:27:17 PM »
When I'm told to report for GV duty after the first sortie, it sure feels like I'm being forced. I shouldn't have to use the quite button when I still have a life in planes.

If enough people do not sign up for the ground war maybe the ground war part should be dropped.

Like most things it's a balancing act to try and give the largest number of people the best chance to have a good time.  I don't tank much in MA's, I will occasionally for a change of pace but it's not what got me to sign up for Aces High, nor what keeps me coming back for more.  To me Scenario's are a chance to do something different than the MA's (a little ironic because I'm flying 38's this time I know) some of my best scenario memories are flying B-25's with Beefcake, I also had a great time flying 109G6's in the last scenario even though I don't have the slightest idea how they work or really want to spend a lot of time in them when I'm flying in the MA.  It's new, it's a challenge, sometimes I think people (and I'm not speaking of anyone specific here) just need to get out of the way and let themselves try and enjoy the experience, I've often been surprised how often I've found something fun that I didn't think I'd like at first.   Trying to hold a bridge in one of the previous frames, or stalking Panzers, Tigers, and Panthers (or being stalked in turn) through the streets yesterday was a lot of fun. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »
I had the pleasure to view the tank battle from the air last night. It was very similar to the footage of the tank battle in downtown Cologne.

I got splattered the first couple frames, but overall I'm having fun... aside from the huge delay in the ground war starting. Imho, if the ground war started at frame start it might encourage the fights to remain lower, particularly if all the bombing was tactical in nature. That is my only complaint, which isn't too bad at all.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline killrDan

• Copper Member
      • Rolling Thunder Website
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 05:22:05 PM »
Like most things it's a balancing act to try and give the largest number of people the best chance to have a good time.  I don't tank much in MA's, I will occasionally for a change of pace but it's not what got me to sign up for Aces High, nor what keeps me coming back for more.  To me Scenario's are a chance to do something different than the MA's (a little ironic because I'm flying 38's this time I know) some of my best scenario memories are flying B-25's with Beefcake, I also had a great time flying 109G6's in the last scenario even though I don't have the slightest idea how they work or really want to spend a lot of time in them when I'm flying in the MA.  It's new, it's a challenge, sometimes I think people (and I'm not speaking of anyone specific here) just need to get out of the way and let themselves try and enjoy the experience, I've often been surprised how often I've found something fun that I didn't think I'd like at first.   Trying to hold a bridge in one of the previous frames, or stalking Panzers, Tigers, and Panthers (or being stalked in turn) through the streets yesterday was a lot of fun. 

Prior to this scenario, the K4 was one of my least favorite aircraft.  I couldn't turn it with the Spits, couldn't outrun Ponies at alt,  and the gun just lobs out taters so it's difficult to shoot accurately. Now, I'm really liking it and can actually hit something occasionally.  Point is, the scenarios allow you to do something different than grind it out in the MA. 

The GV battle last night was a bloody knife fight.  We slugged it out for a while!  I've heard a lot of people say it was the funnest GV battle they ever had.  I have to agree.  <S> Allies...till next week.
THUNDER MOB - CO
Battle Over the Winter Line - II.SG4 GL

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 08:34:28 PM »
When I'm told to report for GV duty after the first sortie, it sure feels like I'm being forced. I shouldn't have to use the quite button when I still have a life in planes.

Not sure it wasn't even the ground war part...there were entire squads and groups that had 1 or 2 people in it. In previous scenarios, there were people fighting over spots, and being reserves.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 08:42:38 PM »
That GV battle in the city was intense, I got there in the first wave, parked up and sat for an hour for 2 kills, the intense part was hearing enemy tanks passing behind my hidey-hole, and having to look both ways at all times.

It wasn't fast and furious action, but the pressure was on the whole time, I really enjoyed it!

Salute

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »
I'm done with the GV scenarios the Axis tanks are impossible to beat, I will watch from above in the future

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 09:35:04 PM »
This is what I based the frame's tank fight on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkUnMhD2qTY&feature=fvsr
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:39:21 PM by Fencer51 »
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »
:headscratch:

It put the mobile site in, i fixed it.
Fencer

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »
It put the mobile site in, i fixed it.
:aok <S>

Edit: also a reason i wish the M26 was added. they DID fight in that city
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:43:27 PM by 321BAR »
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 09:47:20 PM »
:aok <S>

Edit: also a reason i wish the M26 was added. they DID fight in that city

Why, you never play in the ones you want added.   :lol
Fencer

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 09:49:02 PM »
Why, you never play in the ones you want added.   :lol
:rolleyes: so many people are missing the point as of why i went axis... (though corky completely understood as much as he LOVESSSS rubbing it in my face! :rofl )

and yes. i do drive the M-18 in the MA

as i have stated make the tiger allied and the M-18 axis and you'd have seen me zip through those streets in my baby :lol
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:50:41 PM by 321BAR »
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »
I had the pleasure to view the tank battle from the air last night. It was very similar to the footage of the tank battle in downtown Cologne.

This is what I based the frame's tank fight on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkUnMhD2qTY&feature=fvsr

I don't know what is scarier, the fact I saw the resemblance or the fact I might think like Fencer does.   :bolt:
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 11:18:45 PM »
I'm done with the GV scenarios the Axis tanks are impossible to beat, I will watch from above in the future

That is lunacy! The best chance the Allies had was in the city; at the ranges the combat was taking place, the Axis armor and gun advantage was neutralized. The speed the Sherman's had to move around city blocks should of helped them flank the campers.

What didn't help was the city ack, as it kept friendly tank spotters away and it was closer to the Luftwaffe than the Allied airfields.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:21:06 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"