Author Topic: pleasepleaseplease  (Read 3423 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
pleasepleaseplease
« on: April 29, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »
DO MORE GV FIGHTS IN SCENARIOS!!! :x

ive had more fun in the last two frames in a scenario than ive ever had in any scenario! <S>
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: pleasepleaseplease
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 01:08:42 AM »
DO MORE GV FIGHTS IN SCENARIOS!!! :x

ive had more fun in the last two frames in a scenario than ive ever had in any scenario! <S>

LOL Tiger driver.  Would you be saying it if you'd been in an M-18? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:15:23 AM »
LOL Tiger driver.  Would you be saying it if you'd been in an M-18? :)
nope and you know why make the M18 an axis GV and the tigers allied and i will leave it at that :aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 02:58:19 AM »
Eh, the only scenario GV fight I've REALLY enjoyed was Stalin's 4th minus the derpy bridges. This one comes in second, but at a distance. Though shepherding might tarnish my viewpoint a bit. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:33:18 AM »
Eh, the only scenario GV fight I've REALLY enjoyed was Stalin's 4th minus the derpy bridges. This one comes in second, but at a distance. Though shepherding might tarnish my viewpoint a bit. :D
so you're the one i've been facing off with command wise on the ground front :noid "hat tip" <S>
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 10:46:51 AM »
Not for me, this is the last event I shall participate that have GV's.  It is not why I play.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »
Not for me, this is the last event I shall participate that have GV's.  It is not why I play.

I'm with Zoney here. The next time GV's are included in a scenario I will not participate if I'm going to be forced into them.
I think it's great that they are an option if someone wishes to participate in the ground war, but personally I do not really care for it.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »
I'm with Zoney here. The next time GV's are included in a scenario I will not participate if I'm going to be forced into them.
I think it's great that they are an option if someone wishes to participate in the ground war, but personally I do not really care for it.

I agree. while the tank fight last night was some of the most fun i've ever had in AH, I think the fact that the command staffs have to force some people into tanks to meet the ten-person limit is not cool. keep the original rules, have dedicated gv groups and present tanking as an option if you have used both your lives. we shouldn't have to yank people from flying to meet a limit.
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »
You are not forced into them. There is a Quit button located on the clipboard map for your convenience.

I agree. while the tank fight last night was some of the most fun i've ever had in AH, I think the fact that the command staffs have to force some people into tanks to meet the ten-person limit is not cool. keep the original rules, have dedicated gv groups and present tanking as an option if you have used both your lives. we shouldn't have to yank people from flying to meet a limit.
It was done due to low number of registrants. If we had 50 more people per side, it wouldn't be an issue.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »
It was done due to low number of registrants. If we had 50 more people per side, it wouldn't be an issue.
im with spikes on this. i believe if we had the full numbers there would've been no issues at all with this. although a few volunteered for the GV aspect i know not everyone loves a GV.
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline killrDan

• Copper Member
      • Rolling Thunder Website
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »
From an Axis perspective, I've tried not to make it clear that no one is to be 'forced' into a GV role if they absolutely don't want to do it.  In fact, we've had a few that didn't want to GV so they just stayed in their airplanes.  The whole purpose of these scenarios is to have fun.  I'll try to reinforce this in frame 4. 

It was a bloody knife fight in the streets of the city center island last night!  Despite not spending much time in a GV in frame 3, I'd have to give it a 10+.  It was definitely the funnest GV battle I've ever been in!
THUNDER MOB - CO
Battle Over the Winter Line - II.SG4 GL

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 12:58:20 PM »
From an Axis perspective, I've tried not to make it clear that no one is to be 'forced' into a GV role if they absolutely don't want to do it.  In fact, we've had a few that didn't want to GV so they just stayed in their airplanes.  The whole purpose of these scenarios is to have fun.  I'll try to reinforce this in frame 4. 

It was a bloody knife fight in the streets of the city center island last night!  Despite not spending much time in a GV in frame 3, I'd have to give it a 10+.  It was definitely the funnest GV battle I've ever been in!
:aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »
The dilemma is that scenarios are designed with GVs as a clutch to the gameplay after people beg and beg for such a design, then nobody signs up for them. (This is Aces High, afterall, right? smugsmug) Then they complain when the design has to be shoehorned to deal with it; having to "volunteer" people for GV duty and having to delay the effort until T+90 in order for there to be enough GVs to last until frame end are good examples.
so you're the one i've been facing off with command wise on the ground front :noid "hat tip" <S>
Dantoo's been helping along like he can't seem to avoid, but that's mostly just approving or slightly tweaking my strategies, then working them in with timing (which is lovely because that's the bane of my existence). :p I haven't been beaten nearly as badly as some of the aerial plans.
I wasn't there last night as I was volunteering serving lobster and steak dinners for the Eagles. In fact, neither of our P-47 groups had their GLs. So our command structure may have been a bit wobbly; I haven't heard the derief and am afraid to look at the logs. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 03:21:48 PM »
I wasn't there last night as I was volunteering serving lobster and steak dinners for the Eagles. In fact, neither of our P-47 groups had their GLs. So our command structure may have been a bit wobbly; I haven't heard the derief and am afraid to look at the logs. :D
:lol this would explain the GV fight now. i was going to say the Frame 2 fight was well worth the wait and Frame 3 was a blast to plan for and put into action. :aok

I had actually written up multiple strategies and battle plans for that Frame 3 fight. wish you were there for the fight it was a brawl in that city...
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »
You are not forced into them. There is a Quit button located on the clipboard map for your convenience.

When I'm told to report for GV duty after the first sortie, it sure feels like I'm being forced. I shouldn't have to use the quite button when I still have a life in planes.

If enough people do not sign up for the ground war maybe the ground war part should be dropped.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54