Author Topic: ENY and Side Changing Rules  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY and Side Changing Rules
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
how bout you switch sides as much as you want you keep your perkies but your score is reset to 0 each time

I'll go one better...

I'll abandon any score, retire from any system message upon landing, sacrifice any ability to carry ord, and ability to drive/fly anything that carries troops if the country switch was disabled.

That emphatic enough for you?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2012, 03:37:18 PM »
I'll go one better...

I'll abandon any score, retire from any system message upon landing, sacrifice any ability to carry ord, and ability to drive/fly anything that carries troops if the country switch was disabled.

If that means that I do not have to be stuck on one country for 12 hours at a shot, I'm with you, Del.  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »
I'll go one better...

Count me in!  :banana:
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »
I'll go one better...

Sounds good to me, where can I sign up?
JG 52

Offline Dover

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2012, 11:37:42 PM »
i give you guys props
if you truly want to do it no matter what the penalty

I SAY +1 with a penalty that will keep people from wanting to change sides and avoid them being able to take command of carriers and what not

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2012, 08:10:15 AM »
i give you guys props
if you truly want to do it no matter what the penalty

I SAY +1 with a penalty that will keep people from wanting to change sides and avoid them being able to take command of carriers and what not

For me at least, carriers mean virtually nothing.  I rarely fly anything other than German planes, which are not available on carriers.

The biggest issue is right now, if I change sides to the low side (I would rather be ganged by enemy than fight green guys for kills) and a squaddie comes on, I have to wait for 12 hours to go back to the side that they are on.  By the same token, if they were to switch to the side that I switched to, they are also stuck for 12 hours.

In addition, there are times that there is not much of a fight to be had on the country that I am on, yet there is a huge battle in progress between the other two countries somewhere else on the map.  The problem (for me at least) is sometimes you switch to get involved in that fight and it only lasts for an hour, then dries up and you are stuck.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »
For me at least, carriers mean virtually nothing.  I rarely fly anything other than German planes, which are not available on carriers.

The biggest issue is right now, if I change sides to the low side (I would rather be ganged by enemy than fight green guys for kills) and a squaddie comes on, I have to wait for 12 hours to go back to the side that they are on.  By the same token, if they were to switch to the side that I switched to, they are also stuck for 12 hours.

In addition, there are times that there is not much of a fight to be had on the country that I am on, yet there is a huge battle in progress between the other two countries somewhere else on the map.  The problem (for me at least) is sometimes you switch to get involved in that fight and it only lasts for an hour, then dries up and you are stuck.

QFFT

HiTech

Please.... you mentioned that someone could switch find CV's and switch again right away.....Please...will you consider allowing switching to the lowest Numbered side once an hour

take away coms for a half hour after switch...make it so no ord is allowed for half hour after switch, heck do both of those, plus a perk cost.....there has to be some way to allow it so the ones that would rather fight red guys for their kills then green.... to actually do this......I know guys like me and Von and a few others here are not in the majority anymore and that is fine, you said this game is about COMBAT, you have even made rules to promote combat...

I use to switch with the ebb and flow of the fights.... now I just log....

I know it is your sandbox, and I am a fan......this 12 hour rule is like cat crap in the sand box......

no disrespect meant at all by that...but something has got to be done.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2012, 10:56:26 AM »
are you kidding I think it should be a week to change countries
there are no spies BULL lol there are i've seen guys on ever country do it shoot i say if there is more than one account with the same IP they should have to be on the same country
and ENY is messed up enough i think the inflight thing might be a good idea
but basing it on numbers would be too right now its based on percent
so a great example at 8 am the number are 50 30 20 so the side with 50 has a eny of like 20 and can't fly crap
but then later that day the numbers are 150 190 170 and now the eny is 0 for all countries even though the out numbering is far worse now than ever
and if you can't walk over a base with 40 guys you suck you should be able to take a base with 10 and if you country out numbers the others they have a advantage and the numbers of how many are the problem not the percent
anyway but if you where going to do a country thing like that 2 thiings one look if your buddies are loged on when you get on and just go to where they are
2 why not make it so that a squad has to change country if you alone you can all you want but if you in a squad you have to all change and its a command decision
anyway your idea isn't that great the on thing they kinda have right is the country change time limiit i get there are people who want the fight but there are also people who cheat (its a game it happens always will) so you can't make it to easy

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
I'll go one better...

I'd do the same. It is just that bad at times.

I might add I have over 35000 fighter perks.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »
I'd do the same. It is just that bad at times.

I might add I have over 35000 fighter perks.

Anyone who hops out of any plane under 15 eny and sticks to 20+ eny can easily rack up perks without a problem, in 1 full year on my account (with 4 months being off due to broken laptop) I managed over 9000 fighter perks.

Not likely I will ever use them since the 262 is my only perk ride and Ki84 a standard ride.
JG 52

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
Rule #1 of game design. When you think of an idea, the next thought should be how can it be exploited.

Person in low side changes to high side to find any info he wants, and then can instantly change back.

HiTech
Yes, but he can only do it once. After the first switch the timer is on and he cannot take another spy peak like this. Taking a peak and returning is equivalent to logging in into one chess piece and switching to another carrying the information one gathered on country channel and map with him. A squadron can "take turns" in peaking, but whoever does that will not be too shy to switch one player that will stay on the other country and report on ventrillo/teamspeak/whatever - and this can be done today.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »
Yes, but he can only do it once. After the first switch the timer is on and he cannot take another spy peak like this. Taking a peak and returning is equivalent to logging in into one chess piece and switching to another carrying the information one gathered on country channel and map with him. A squadron can "take turns" in peaking, but whoever does that will not be too shy to switch one player that will stay on the other country and report on ventrillo/teamspeak/whatever - and this can be done today.

Thus is why shades rule the game. Buy a second account and ignore having to switch sides.
JG 52

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2012, 07:07:26 PM »
Thus is why shades rule the game. Buy a second account and ignore having to switch sides.

at least the shades pay extra money.  with switching back and forth to lowest country wont cost you a dime.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »
I wish ..... 

Hitech I understand your point on game design. What of my notion of changing twice in a 24 hour period. You get to select the interval. That should give most guys the chance to be on three different countries during a given day. Also it would prevent guys from hopping from country to country and spoiling other guys fun. I also reckon that few play more than six hours in a sitting so this would give plenty of flexibility to the furballers.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2012, 09:24:10 AM »
I wish ..... 

Hitech I understand your point on game design. What of my notion of changing twice in a 24 hour period. You get to select the interval. That should give most guys the chance to be on three different countries during a given day. Also it would prevent guys from hopping from country to country and spoiling other guys fun. I also reckon that few play more than six hours in a sitting so this would give plenty of flexibility to the furballers.

With perks eliminated (meaning if you switch countries and someone wins the war you don't get any) - Why not allow players to switch every 6 hours then? I don't see a reason someone would bounce countries - most have country "loyalty" so not many are going to be switching countries to horde against their own country. Thus leaves those who are looking for a fight able to switch to find a fight..

There are those like LT who are going to switch regardless to find a camping spot like V135 and 85, otherwise the majority simply want a fight - there are a small handful of shades that bounce around, but what good is that going to do?
Then again there must be some sort of exploit here, I am guessing the side which is losing will have players jumping to other countries, then again Its only a small handful that do this.
JG 52