Author Topic: ENY and Side Changing Rules  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY and Side Changing Rules
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2012, 09:43:39 AM »

Not quite. Even before the country switch time was getting back to 12h, this particular bug had been fixed - you didn't get the perks if you hadn't been on that country for at least 12 hours. That was independent from country switch limitations.

When was the bug fixed? I couldn't find the thread on it.
JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »
When was the bug fixed? I couldn't find the thread on it.

Not too long before the country switch time was raised... a few weeks, certainly not more than 2 months. There was no extra notice on that, Hitech noticed that bug during a different discussion and fixed it shortly after.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2012, 09:48:07 AM »
Not too long before the country switch time was raised... a few weeks, certainly not more than 2 months. There was no extra notice on that, Hitech noticed that bug during a different discussion and fixed it shortly after.

Were people not switching to get the perks for winning the war? I remember doing it a few times - can't recall how many years back.
JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
Were people not switching to get the perks for winning the war? I remember doing it a few times - can't recall how many years back.

Who is "them"? ;)

I saw that claim a lot, but rarely substance to it. As far as my experiense, nombers were/are often lopsided at reset because of A) the reset being a result of an often massive numerical superiority of one side in the first place and B) because the "losing" side members logging off in disgust.
The majority of players are actually quite country loyal, even when switch times were down to 2h.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2012, 10:00:52 AM »

Not quite. Even before the country switch time was getting back to 12h, this particular bug had been fixed - you didn't get the perks if you hadn't been on that country for at least 12 hours. That was independent from country switch limitations.

it's not 12 hour. prior to the win.   It's 12 hours per tour.   and it hasn't stopped people from switching when the war is about to be won,  but it did stop people from going from horde to horde.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »
Who is "them"? ;)

I saw that claim a lot, but rarely substance to it. As far as my experiense, nombers were/are often lopsided at reset because of A) the reset being a result of an often massive numerical superiority of one side in the first place and B) because the "losing" side members logging off in disgust.
The majority of players are actually quite country loyal, even when switch times were down to 2h.

I always remembered the whining of people switching to the winning side to get the perks :) I'm sure quite a few logged off in disgust, especially since when we had 2 LWA's one arena heavily favored one country, where other arena favored another and so on.
I personally prefer the single arena, where no country has the advantage period, if you were unlucky in the old days with 2 Arenas where more then half of your squad was in one arena, you had to wait it out to get into that Arena which generally was full, or go to the other arena and fly solo.

That being said - Back on the 12 hour Time shift - What purpose is it for now a days? If someones going to spy they will simply be outed for it same as vulching shades. Besides a few named squads that switch countries every tour, and a few random people.
I wish we had a pie graph to dictate how many switch countries per day, it would better understand what exactly people are motivated by.

I always enjoy the whining "A spy is in our shore battery and its not firing!" If someones going to use a shade they will simply keep it on a country without a squad tag, HTC is going to deny someones $15 to play timid.

JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »
it's not 12 hour. prior to the win.   It's 12 hours per tour.   and it hasn't stopped people from switching when the war is about to be won,  but it did stop people from going from horde to horde.

semp

edited for harsh language.
new version:

that's not correct.

:)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:13:42 AM by Lusche »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2012, 11:13:09 AM »
I've never seen anyone argue with such determination for something they claimed not to care about.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »
I've never seen anyone argue with such determination for something they claimed not to care about.

Oh, "score" is a topic that also is mostly discussed by people who "don't care"  :D

Offline Dover

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2012, 01:25:35 PM »
If you just care about the fight like most of you say
how bout you switch sides as much as you want you keep your perkies but your score is reset to 0 each time

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »

Close , when we were running split arenas we had forgotten that  the in country time for perks was slave to change country time. So you only had to be in country 1 hour at that time, that was the bug. We split it out to a new variable "WarWinInCountryTime" and set that to 12 hours.

We then could run a 1 hour change time, and a 12 hour in Country time.

When we changed back to 12 hour change time, the issue again became moot.

Also I don't believe the increase in numbers of the winning side is do to changing of sides, but rather people not leaving the arena from the winning country when a country is about to win, coupled with more people logging out from the loosing country.

HiTech
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:15:52 PM by hitech »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »
It should always be allowed to change to the country with the lowest numbers, when they are at a large enough disadvantage. It still counts as a country change, so switching again to another, not smallest country has a timer limit.

Rule #1 of game design. When you think of an idea, the next thought should be how can it be exploited.

Person in low side changes to high side to find any info he wants, and then can instantly change back.

HiTech

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2012, 02:28:53 PM »
If you just care about the fight like most of you say
how bout you switch sides as much as you want you keep your perkies but your score is reset to 0 each time

What's a score?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Dover

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »
What's a score?

rank whatever it is you call it when you type .score in

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2012, 02:43:54 PM »
rank whatever it is you call it when you type .score in

We have something like that?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.