Author Topic: ENY and Side Changing Rules  (Read 4088 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
ENY and Side Changing Rules
« on: May 04, 2012, 07:33:43 AM »
Hitec,

Issue:  Seeking out good fights is complicated by side changing rules and ENY.

Discussion:  My squad mates and I gravitate to wherever they may be a fight.  The trouble is, they are mostly a group of no good european soccer hooligans.  So, I log on a bit later than they do, or vice versa, look for the low numbers or the fight, switch to that side, and start playing.  If they already logged in and changed to a side, which may have been low earlier, we are set to fly on a low fight side or apart.  This is particularly important to me when it comes to GV fighting because the good fights seem to take place independent of what is going on in the air (I love GVrs in this game <S>).  So, if there is a good GV fight, I gravitate there as well. 

In the MA there are huge groups which ban together and do quite well, capturing bases, and winning the war.  I do not see the issue with that, for some that is indeed the point of the game.  On the ENY point, ENY is based on numbers of players in the arena, not in flight.  So, if you are the country that looks like you are going to win the war, dudes just stay logged on in the hopes of some free chicken, despite the fact that they are not contributing.  If they are not contributing to the fight, then how can they hinder other players? 

The game dynamic is way too fluid to keep the current 12 hour side changing in effect.  Any suggestion that guys are spying, etc... is just the rage rant of someone who does not really understand the game.  It would seem that the only people who care about side changing are groups of ruffians like myself, who just look for a good fight and could really care less about winning the war.  You lose a guy like me if I cant change to where the fight is, I log.  Granted, we pay you a flat rate, but my "happiness index" drops when I log. 

Recommendation:  Change the ENY rate to aircraft in flight.  It would be even sexier if it were based say on zones.  So, when a field does have the Horde show up, they are in low ammo count slower planes, to give the defenders a chance of whittling them down.  On the side changing rule, maybe instead of a hour based change, a you can change sides three times in a 24 hour period.  This amounts to 8 hours, but if you do not change it to hour based and make it times based, you might see the MA balance out a bit more than it tends to be.  There will be plenty of rants below on how folks can "just see it" goon is about to land and some guy changes sides and shoots the goon down just to be a dick.  Oh well... call them out.  The community has a real good way of sorting out who the bananas are and they get crammed into a corner after a while. 

If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY and Side Changing Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 07:54:21 AM »
Unfortunately...

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Dover

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:44:02 AM »

The game dynamic is way too fluid to keep the current 12 hour side changing in effect.  Any suggestion that guys are spying, etc... is just the rage rant of someone who does not really understand the game.  It would seem that the only people who care about side changing are groups of ruffians like myself, who just look for a good fight and could really care less about winning the war.  You lose a guy like me if I cant change to where the fight is, I log.  Granted, we pay you a flat rate, but my "happiness index" drops when I log. 

are you kidding I think it should be a week to change countries
there are no spies BULL lol there are i've seen guys on ever country do it shoot i say if there is more than one account with the same IP they should have to be on the same country
and ENY is messed up enough i think the inflight thing might be a good idea
but basing it on numbers would be too right now its based on percent
so a great example at 8 am the number are 50 30 20 so the side with 50 has a eny of like 20 and can't fly crap
but then later that day the numbers are 150 190 170 and now the eny is 0 for all countries even though the out numbering is far worse now than ever
and if you can't walk over a base with 40 guys you suck you should be able to take a base with 10 and if you country out numbers the others they have a advantage and the numbers of how many are the problem not the percent
anyway but if you where going to do a country thing like that 2 thiings one look if your buddies are loged on when you get on and just go to where they are
2 why not make it so that a squad has to change country if you alone you can all you want but if you in a squad you have to all change and its a command decision
anyway your idea isn't that great the on thing they kinda have right is the country change time limiit i get there are people who want the fight but there are also people who cheat (its a game it happens always will) so you can't make it to easy

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 08:53:35 AM »
so a great example at 8 am the number are 50 30 20 so the side with 50 has a eny of like 20 and can't fly crap
but then later that day the numbers are 150 190 170 and now the eny is 0 for all countries even though the out numbering is far worse now than ever

In the first example there are 2.5 players on the big country for every single player on the smallest country
In the second one it's only 1.3.. The advantage is marginally. To call that "far worse" is quite creative ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:02:16 AM »

why not a month, 6 months or a year?, or how about, when you join, you're put on a country and can NEVER switch!!!   :rock

:uhoh

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
After 10 minutes of trying to read, I just had to assume that this was an attempt at using the English language (without grammar, punctuation or use of spell-check, of course) so, here we go...

are you kidding I think it should be a week to change countries To achieve what goal, in particular?

there are no spies BULL lol there are i've seen guys on ever country do it shoot i say if there is more than one account with the same IP they should have to be on the same country So, a customer does not have a right to spend his $14.95 (or $29.90) to play the way he wants?

but basing it on numbers would be too right now its based on percent  What percent is that?

so a great example at 8 am the number are 50 30 20 so the side with 50 has a eny of like 20 and can't fly crap Well, since we are talking about percentages 50 is 250% more than 20 and 60% more than 30.  percentage-wise, of course

but then later that day the numbers are 150 190 170 and now the eny is 0 for all countries even though the out numbering is far worse now than ever How do you figure?  the numbers are within 20% of each other  :headscratch:

and if you can't walk over a base with 40 guys you suck you should be able to take a base with 10 and if you country out numbers the others they have a advantage and the numbers of how many are the problem not the percent
anyway but if you where going to do a country thing like that 2 thiings one look if your buddies are loged on when you get on and just go to where they are 2 why not make it so that a squad has to change country if you alone you can all you want but if you in a squad you have to all change and its a command decision I think I got an aneurysm from trying to translate that one..

anyway your idea isn't that great the on thing they kinda have right is the country change time limiit i get there are people who want the fight but there are also people who cheat (its a game it happens always will) so you can't make it to easy When and where have you seen folks "cheating"?  Be specific, please no generalizations
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:28:08 AM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »
DirtDart, i can agree with you, but honestly, do you see any chance? Come to the DA with me, better fun :aok

As for Dover...  man, i dont know i should cry or laugh...  rather laugh  :ahand
AoM
City of ice

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
Loyalty to an arbitrary chess piece is highly disturbing and an indication of deep seated personality issues and lack of emotional development.
 :old:

Yes please let us change sides in search of good fights.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 11:24:18 AM »
Hitech I know this is a dead horse to some. How about you can change sides twice a day. Same as it already is, just gives the fight seekers more flexibility to move around the game.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 11:33:16 AM »
Loyalty to an arbitrary chess piece is highly disturbing and an indication of deep seated personality issues and lack of emotional development.
 :old:

Yes please let us change sides in search of good fights.

why is it that the only good fights are on the other countries?  why can't you guys start a good fight where you are.   I'm pretty sure that people looking for good fights are devided among all 3 countries.

I would support the idea of people changing more often if they actually were honest and stop with the "I can't find a fight so I must switch, because whichever country I'm in has no fights ".

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »
I would support the idea of people changing more often if they actually were honest and stop with the "I can't find a fight so I must switch, because whichever country I'm in has no fights ".

And what Is our real intention, if that is only an "excuse"?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »
Well in my case I just look for the good fights. The other shady cas will abuse of any system so does it really matter. Guy will play cheap just because they lack charecter and integrity. To hinder the game play of others to police up what the business should be policing up seems a bit draconian.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »
why is it that the only good fights are on the other countries?  why can't you guys start a good fight where you are.   I'm pretty sure that people looking for good fights are devided among all 3 countries.

Because sometimes the fights just are on the unaccessible front of the 3 country war.

The GFC can be one of the most trouble-making squads in Aces High, if you factor its size into the equation. Zack and I alone have started fights several times across four adjacent sectors simultaneously but it takes a lot of time doing that and we often have to leave just as the fight gets going.

The 12 hour restriction penalises non-US players and small squad-based / dogfighting fans the most. Not everyone is flying on a US Timezone Semp.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
there are no spies BULL lol there are i've seen guys on ever country do it shoot i say if there is more than one account with the same IP they should have to be on the same country
but basing it on numbers would be too right now its based on percent
anyway but if you where going to do a country thing like that 2 thiings one look if your buddies are loged on when you get on and just go to where they are
2 why not make it so that a squad has to change country if you alone you can all you want but if you in a squad you have to all change and its a command decision
anyway your idea isn't that great the on thing they kinda have right is the country change time limiit i get there are people who want the fight but there are also people who cheat (its a game it happens always will) so you can't make it to easy

I don't see much cheating myself,come to think of it, the only time I saw it was when the guys would do the unlimited bomb thing and
HTC slapped them with a trout very quickly.  Of course I don't have the experience that some do.   :rolleyes:
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars