Author Topic: Scaling  (Read 605 times)

Offline SkullAce

• Zinc Member
Scaling
« on: May 01, 2012, 08:35:31 PM »
I have an X52 stick and throttle. I've been playing around with the scaling and can't seem to get the right setup. Looking for any help or tips on scaling that anyone might have. I've included some photos of my current scaling. The main problem i'm having is it's very hard to aim at a target.

Thank you

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Scaling
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:08:53 AM »
 See my post in "zoom to aim" thread might answer your question!

:salute

Offline SkullAce

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I should have mentioned that I have rudder peddles if that makes a differentness. I have move the deadpan up but still having problems aiming, it's like trying to hit something while flying on a kite. Tried recalibration.
I had a little improvement moving the scaling but wonted to know if my scaling was way off or someone had better success with another set up.

Thanks for the help       

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
I have my ailerons sliders strait across the top, the other two, elevators, and rudders, I have set the sliders almost from the lower left corner up to the top right corner in a strait line. I've heard that Saitek sticks are more sensitive so you may want to try the sliders down more. Another thing you could do is film one of your fights and post the film. Maybe your just too hard on the stick, or "over controlling" as my buddy Morfiend like to say. Having a few guys check out your flying might beable to help you with that as well.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:17:12 AM »
Check your stick behavior in the windows game controller dialog before getting it straight in Aces High.

Some sticks are very sensitive the first few times you pull them through an axis so watch for the display showing full deflection when you've only pulled it halfway.

Most settle down after working them a bit.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »
 Skullace,

Scaling is a personal thing,you cant really have it way off as every stick is different and the person controlling it also.

Myself,I have all sliders across the top on all axises but wouldnt recommend that to others.

As to pedals,yes they make a difference because you wont get the unwanted inputs to the yaw axis when pulling the trigger.  I suspect that your elevator is causing the nose bounce,however you could have some yaw inputs if you're clumsy with the pedals.

I suggest you use sock feet and dont wear shoes so you have a better feel of the pedals.

Having said all this I also think my buddy Fugi is on to your problem!!  You can easily overcontrol your aircraft,it's hard to be smooth when in the heat of battle and you just have to get that bandit no matter what.... :devil

If you drop by the training arena,I'm usually in there in the evenings,I can tell you what I think better if I watch you fly for a couple minutes. Just last night I noticed a player with alot of nose bounce,I suggested how he/she could correct it and the player was amazed at the difference,after a few minutes he was filling full of lead and then went off to try out this difference in the Mains.

You could try lowering the first couple or 3 sliders on the left to reduce some of the initial elevator inputs,that might settle the nose down. You can use the .target command to see any effects the changes make in your shooting.

hope that helps!

:salute

Offline SkullAce

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 10:39:24 PM »
I'll give it a try, I appreciate all the help    :salute

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »
I switched sticks lately and had a hard time smoothly pulling for a shot.  I messed around with scaling like crazy.  Damping fixed it.  I moved the damping slider up almost half way up. 

So, don't forget to mess with damping to smooth out your stick.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19