Author Topic: Flight dynamics changed ???  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Silver

• Zinc Member
Re: Flight dynamics changed ???
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2012, 08:25:03 PM »
ok reinstalling the game from scratch has fixed it. I think something got corrupted when it crashed or I screwed with some setting I should not have. Flys "normal" again now with stall limiter off. Strange. ......... now I gotta remap my joystick buttons, ugh.
Thanks for the ideas and feedback. See you in the skies. :D :D :D

As they should.  Full aft stick is part of the snap roll entry.  With normal C of G full aft stick should produce a stall at any speed.  Don't see an issue.

But was more than that. The stalls and subsequent spins were freakishly quick and unpredictable and recoveries were strange to nonexistent. Something was definitely wacked out.

No worries. Reinstall did the trick
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:34:23 PM by Silver »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012, 01:47:21 AM »
So your theory is that a spiking potentiometer is causing the stick to give full deflection when he pulls it all the way back? Isn't there a simpler explanation?   :D

No, it was suggested when he mentioned 'sudden onset', this implied a change external to his flying. I think you are all being very uncharitable to less experienced players and should consider your ways  :old:

Glad that you've got it fixed Silver, you're lucky it's not your pots!  LACES OUT!!!   :mad:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012, 01:55:43 AM »
I can vouch that sometimes old pots will do that. If wires get pinched or the pot starts going bad, it will skip the mid ranges and "jump" to high. Sometimes I've had rudders that with minimal deflection would spike full and back several times before settling. I've had pedals also that have some funky jittery-ness in them.

I don't mean to say I know what's going on here (sounds like the stick scaling got screwed up), just that I know this can happen from my own direct experience.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 02:09:40 PM »
I've found that none of this really matters if you hit a tree.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BudHeavy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »
Thats an awesome vid.  Did somebody say something about the flight models?

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2012, 01:23:01 AM »
LOLOL...What a save! Ridiculous that people are driving that fast in those conditions, let alone switching lanes at those speeds.

Actually the only thing ridiculous there was that he tried to do it in an old Lada with summer tires. With proper winter tires it's a no brainer.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone