Author Topic: Devil Dogs FS award the Medal of Honor to Major Shadow  (Read 5758 times)

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
Re: Devil Dogs FS award the Medal of Honor to Major Shadow
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »
You know your constant bashing of other people and portraying yourself as some kind of super warrior is getting old. Usually I ignore you. Two Sundays ago I up an I-16 from a base under heavy attack.
Some guy in a 109 zooms down and vulches a guy on the runway. Luckily I am in a position to intercept him. I drop in on the 109 and shoot it down and read You Shot Down Debrody. You were part of the horde and you were vulching. So much for all your BS about other people's gameplay being inferior to yours.. Seriously you're not a samurai rebel or warrior. You're just a guy playing a GAME. Get over yourself.

Im surprised you didnt get a PM that you picked him off his vulch  :D
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
24 kills in 5 hours... not my kind of flying.
Just some facts to put things into perspective (Assuming that "dolby" in-game is "LCADolby" in the forums):

- Shadow (fighter stats) 24 kills in 5 hours, averaging 4.86 kills per hour with 0 bails, ditches, captures, discos, or deaths.
- Dolby (fighter stats) last tour, averaged 5.51 kills per hour with 150 bails, ditches, captures, discos, or deaths.

Also note that when a pilot is shot down, it saves them the game time of a flight home!  This is a great accomplishment and please don't belittle it.

<S> Shadow

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »
Ehm... Dolby did it in an eny40 ride, without 2 full wings of squaddies in 20k ponies to clear his six.
my 2 cents.

<S> Dolby
AoM
City of ice

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 01:22:45 PM »
Ehm... Dolby did it in an eny40 ride, without 2 full wings of squaddies in 20k ponies to clear his six.
my 2 cents.

<S> Dolby

true. I've never seen him above 10k, and never in nothing but a 109E or 109F

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »
It's also called the Medal of Honor.  'Congressional' isn't in the name of the award.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »
I posted this to honor shadow and his dicipline to execute the goal that was set.  This is something I have tried to accomplish many times to no avail.  Thanks to all that provided positive comments! :salute  

I'm just curious as to why not just post it own your own squads website. it kinda comes off as a look at him thread, no offense.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:41:59 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 02:42:02 PM »
i'm just curious as to why not just post it own your own squads website. it kinda comes off as a look at him thread, no offense.

The look at him part moight be the point,  a shout out as it wer efor doing better than he did before and showing improvement maybe.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »
i'm just curious as to why not just post it own your own squads website. it kinda comes off as a look at him thread, no offense.

or "look how good he can fly his P51 at 25k and pick"

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »
Just some facts to put things into perspective (Assuming that "dolby" in-game is "LCADolby" in the forums):

- Shadow (fighter stats) 24 kills in 5 hours, averaging 4.86 kills per hour with 0 bails, ditches, captures, discos, or deaths.
- Dolby (fighter stats) last tour, averaged 5.51 kills per hour with 150 bails, ditches, captures, discos, or deaths.

Also note that when a pilot is shot down, it saves them the game time of a flight home!  This is a great accomplishment and please don't belittle it.

<S> Shadow

Some people forget that a majority of the AH community is not that experienced and for some this is a big accomplishment.  :salute

To be fair Pand my Dobby always flys his Emil and is not afraid to fight with a disadvantage Just different types of flying style is all I see.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
or "look how good he can fly his P51 at 25k and pick"

this.
JG 52

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 02:55:42 PM »
Some people forget that a majority of the AH community is not that experienced and for some this is a big accomplishment.  :salute

To be fair Pand my Dobby always flys his Emil and is not afraid to fight with a disadvantage Just different types of flying style is all I see.
Rgr Bone, I'm on board, and anyone can fly the way they like!  :salute

24 kills in 5 hours... not my kind of flying.
Dolby's comment had implied that 4.86 kills per hour was too slow.
24 of his 50 were in a P-51B.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 03:05:42 PM »
I'm just curious as to why not just post it own your own squads website. it kinda comes off as a look at him thread, no offense.
The detail of the Squadron board is "Information, recruitment, and announcements about AH squadrons."   It is absolutely that!  I wanted to announce an accomplishment of a fellow squad mate with the AH community... an accomplishment that I personally have been unable to achieve over the last 11 years.  I am proud of him and thought that others would be as well.

I would be interested to see how many of the replying posters have the patience and discipline to execute the "50 kills / 30 sorties / no death" requirement in something other than a perk ride.   :airplane:

Regards,

Pandemonium

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 03:16:02 PM »
Pand, there was worms in that can, your 'factual perspective' is flawed.  ;)

My kills per hour will be lowered, I fight a good fight and die. To make a proper comparison one would have to ignore all the fights I lost and died in.
20mins+ flying then dying without a kill is of course going to affect my personal kills per hour. The end sortie still happens at death.
5mins to the nearest base at 300mph then land or a 10-20min fight then death. Your saving time flight home comparison is void.

I'll take on your guy in the DA anytime for a marathon session; We'll and see how many kills each of us can accumulate in 5 hours.

Just to fix a few misconceptions;

12k is my general alt cap, but I occationally go higher.
I don't always fly the Emil or Freidrich, I often jump into other rides, G14, G2, etc.

Look at my stats in more depth if you wish, it may help with your 'perspective'.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:57:42 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »
The detail of the Squadron board is "Information, recruitment, and announcements about AH squadrons."   It is absolutely that!  I wanted to announce an accomplishment of a fellow squad mate with the AH community... an accomplishment that I personally have been unable to achieve over the last 11 years.  I am proud of him and thought that others would be as well.

I would be interested to see how many of the replying posters have the patience and discipline to execute the "50 kills / 30 sorties / no death" requirement in something other than a perk ride.   :airplane:

maybe you arent aware, the community isnt a very big fan of picking, even though most do

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »
Pand, there was worms in that can.  ;)
:aok

Regards,

Pandemonium