Author Topic: Next Scenario Announcement  (Read 14248 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: Next Scenario Announcement
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2012, 08:05:28 AM »
Stampf!  You better take JG/11. 

I'll be seeing you up DGS....I'm CO of the 56th FG.

The gents of JG/11 are top notch....on the ground and off.

(BTW....the HEMI is out of the garage taking advantage of the good weather)

Hajo!  Glad to see you strapping in for this.  Thanks for the kind words about the 11th.  ( I would tell you what I did this winter...but...I enjoy our friendship.  Ill explain with pics soon enough)  ;)

Stampf, sounds like we'll be flying along side you. Glad to know we have someone who knows their buisness up there.

Oh with all the old bones being dug up for this one, I am just a rookie among some in this crowd.  But Yes...looking forward to it very much.  The 11th knows bombers.   :aok

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »
cc.

and...

It's going to be another very sexy time...

(Image removed from quote.)

Stampf,

I thought I requested that you didnt post any pix of me!     But I do look purdy standy by my 190 do I?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:salute

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
Krusty, that pic of III/JG54...that was my bird! My XO painted it, put a ghost on the side (for Boo) and I now proudly use this as the picture on my home screen. It is sssoooooo tempting!!

Boo
GL III/54
Axis XO
Battle Over Germany
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
Boo....you flying with us?  Still have a couple Axis squads need a leader....groups are filling up nicely.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2012, 08:41:49 PM »
Allied Squads filling nicely also.  56th has some great sticks.....very good 47 Pilots.

We've reached our initial quota at this time.  This is going to be great!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:47:44 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »
Hello gents, am I missing something?  Is registration open for this scenario?  I logged into register and can see the event write up but the registration link isn't showing it's open yet on my end.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »
I guess I could dust off the old PSD templates here and there... Seems they might be useful again.

Those were some really great images you made Krusty.
 :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2012, 09:24:31 PM »
Hello gents, am I missing something?  Is registration open for this scenario?  I logged into register and can see the event write up but the registration link isn't showing it's open yet on my end.

Nope on registration.  We're just getting organized early.  If you want to fly Allied PM me or Fencer.  If you want Axis, PM ROC or Brooke.  We're filling the planes as fast as we can :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2012, 09:34:22 PM »
Boo: Glad you liked it! I shared that with JG54's CO but I fear it came too late. One thing I regretted was not thinking of the idea sooner, and doing it more thoroughly. By the time BoG was almost over I was wishing I'd done a bigger series and covered both teams.

Shifty: Thanks! I'm not sure how much time and effort it might take... but seeing as we have TONS of time, it is possible to make a profile for each plane type in the setup. It would require CO's coming up with a plan (i.e. I was originally planning on updating the images every frame -- that didn't happen though) and being able to work photoshop well enough. You and your boys interested in something like that?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2012, 10:48:06 PM »
Boo: Glad you liked it! I shared that with JG54's CO but I fear it came too late. One thing I regretted was not thinking of the idea sooner, and doing it more thoroughly. By the time BoG was almost over I was wishing I'd done a bigger series and covered both teams.

Shifty: Thanks! I'm not sure how much time and effort it might take... but seeing as we have TONS of time, it is possible to make a profile for each plane type in the setup. It would require CO's coming up with a plan (i.e. I was originally planning on updating the images every frame -- that didn't happen though) and being able to work photoshop well enough. You and your boys interested in something like that?

If you are flying LW and want to do it, go for it Krusty.

Mine aren't as fancy, but I'm doing nose art for all the Allied guys who want it.

Anything that helps folks get invested in their birds and the immersion part of the scenario is a good thing.

Some of the Mustang guys done so far.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2012, 11:38:27 PM »
Are people going to be assigned to one plane or will it switch up from frame to frame like BOG?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2012, 12:01:17 AM »
Are people going to be assigned to one plane or will it switch up from frame to frame like BOG?

One bird depending on the group you are with.  Mustangs, Jugs, 38s, 17s or 24s on the Allied.  Gonna put you right in the middle of the ETO in 1944 if you want it :)

PM Fencer or myself for an Allied slot, ROC or Brooke for an Axis.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »
The 11th is blessed with our own in house artist.  Check these works out by 'Canukk'

The first one is Canukk's 'White 14' D-9, and the second (my own D-9) both planes complete with FSO records on the rudder boards:

The pictures do not even do justice to the quality and skill level here.  I have mine matted and hanging very proudly in my home.

<S> Canukk.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2012, 11:50:03 AM »
Wow, that is stunning! 
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2012, 12:20:34 PM »
Ja, they are.   Not limited to FW's either. Here is one of Galland with JG11 Squad art as backdrop.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -