Author Topic: B-17 Pilots for DGS II Scenario 3rd Bomb Division  (Read 957 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
B-17 Pilots for DGS II Scenario 3rd Bomb Division
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:44:16 PM »
Ok, I'm looking for those players who enjoy long flights of tedious boredom and two minutes of frantic panic and bullets being sent your way.  If this tickles your fancy, then post here with your gameID.

I'm the Commander of the 3rd Bomb Division and Commander of the 100th Bomb Group.  I need a solid tactical and strategic player to take command of the 447th Bomb Group under my command.  Also, need a XO for each individual Bomb Group.  Command positions should be sent via PM with history of Scenario or FSO bomber experience with emphasis on command.  Individual cases with no experience will be handled in regards to enthusiasm and being placed under the wing of an experienced commander.

Each Bomb Group has 9 slots open for players.  I have 8 open for the 100th and nine open for the 447th.  Formations will be enabled.  Details will be coming in near future.

This will be an 8th Air Force set-up over an entrenched Luftwaffe controlled territory.  Expect to be attacked by the elite players of the Iron Cross flying 109s and 190s.  We will have our "Little Angels" guarding us the entire way.

We have over four months to prepare and train for a 6 week event in October and two weeks in November.  Each player will be given custom immersion details once admitted into DGS Allied forum.  This will give the player an exciting and innovative way to play the game.

Those who know me know this.  I don't fly bombers with any timidity.  My standing order is this.  "Through total annihilation of the enemy will we achieve perfect peace." 
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Re: B-17 Pilots for DGS II Scenario 3rd Bomb Division
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
Count me and the Devil Dogs bomber squad in on this one! Redtail7 knows how to get in touch with me!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
Join up guys, we got slots in all three Bomb Divisions, but for the 3rd BD look at the pretty B-17s you get your own nose art and name on..

You guys in the 1st and 2nd BDs won't be left out, you get the same benefit for your units, but this is AKKuya's recruiting page..  :aok
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:37:55 PM »
Count me and the Devil Dogs bomber squad in on this one! Redtail7 knows how to get in touch with me!

Glad to have you guys onboard.  How many are there?  I would like to have a count to know how many spots needed.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 05:42:10 PM »
You can count me in as long as I dont have to get up at 0400. I'll fly 17s.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 06:33:49 PM »
You guys probably already know this, but in case you don't, with Earl1937 on board, you have a real-life bomber pilot with you (who flew, among many other aircraft, B-29's for the USAF).

Now *that's* adding some authenticity!  :aok

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:08:14 AM »
I think I want in...
999000 <S>   other  Grim Reapers might be interested also.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
We have over four months to prepare and train for a 6 week event in October and two weeks in November.  Each player will be given custom immersion details once admitted into DGS Allied forum.  This will give the player an exciting and innovative way to play the game.

Scenario Guys,

This looks right up my alley and some other guys I know.  A little suggestion.  Post the dates and times right up front.  I don't know if I can play since I don't know the days of the week and month and times when this will occur.  Also, I'm asking myself, "DGS?"  what is "DGS?"  To appeal to players who don't fly scenarios, could you spell stuff out?

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »
Scenario Guys,

This looks right up my alley and some other guys I know.  A little suggestion.  Post the dates and times right up front.  I don't know if I can play since I don't know the days of the week and month and times when this will occur.  Also, I'm asking myself, "DGS?"  what is "DGS?"  To appeal to players who don't fly scenarios, could you spell stuff out?

4 Saturdays in Oct, 2 in November.  Afternoon slot 3pm start EST.

Der Grosse Schlag II (The Big Hit) loosely

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 10:42:57 AM »
4 Saturdays in Oct, 2 in November.  Afternoon slot 3pm start EST.

Der Grosse Schlag II (The Big Hit) loosely

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,333633.0.html
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 10:54:54 AM »
This is shaping up to be even better that the first DGS which was the best scenario ever.

Work started early on this one. When you touch down after your missions, you'll feel you were actually there.

It'll be great seeing our "Big Friends" fill the sky.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »
I'd like to fly B17s or B24s in this!   :x
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 02:01:23 PM »
Glad to have you guys onboard.  How many are there?  I would like to have a count to know how many spots needed.
I would say at least 12 to 15 squaddies will come with me on this one!
We would like the "Square" D if possible!
If interested, I can add "in" aircraft dialog between crew members and air to ground and ground to air, air traffic control dialog. Just let me know! On our Sat. night squad missions, we usually have 5 to 8 members with speaking parts.
We have a B-29 mission this Sat, 5-19-12, at 9:00PM in MLW arena if you would like to join us. We have 9 different people with speaking parts this Sat.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:09:25 PM by earl1937 »
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »
E.P.I.C
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
I would say at least 12 to 15 squaddies will come with me on this one!
We would like the "Square" D if possible!
If interested, I can add "in" aircraft dialog between crew members and air to ground and ground to air, air traffic control dialog. Just let me know! On our Sat. night squad missions, we usually have 5 to 8 members with speaking parts.
We have a B-29 mission this Sat, 5-19-12, at 9:00PM in MLW arena if you would like to join us. We have 9 different people with speaking parts this Sat.

Should be able to participate for Saturday night.  Sending you a PM.