Author Topic: Kill a Bomber, fly a Fw190A-8  (Read 2313 times)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Kill a Bomber, fly a Fw190A-8
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:06:04 PM »

Your Fatherland calls upon you to defend the Reich. Choose I./JG 1 as your place of service with the devastatingly powerful Fw190A-8. With it's heavy armor and firepower far superior to anything the allies have, no bomber will stand a chance against us! Send a care package home for once in the form of a flaming B-17 or bits of B-24. If interested, please send me a pm or post here so we can sign you into the axis forum.

SEseph
GL I./JG 1
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Kill a Bomber, fly a Fw190A-8
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:57:10 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Your Fatherland calls upon you to defend the Reich. Choose I./JG 1 as your place of service with the devastatingly powerful Fw190A-8. With it's heavy armor and firepower far superior to anything the allies have, no bomber will stand a chance against us! Send a care package home for once in the form of a flaming B-17 or bits of B-24. If interested, please send me a pm or post here so we can sign you into the axis forum.

SEseph
GL I./JG 1

Odd...... Usually any allied planes are much farther behind the 190s I have seen. ;)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »
Odd...... Usually any allied planes are much farther behind the 190s I have seen. ;)

Looks like the 17 is using ratos to catch up! :devil

:salute

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »
A-8 with the bomb/drop tank rack cant catch a 17 over 32,000ft so it must have cought the 17 just after takeoff.. :noid

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 08:27:54 PM »
SEseph, Those B17's will take everything you can throw at them and more! Do not die in vain for the father land...... SURRENDER!
999000 <S>

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »

B-17 can dominate the A8 in a dogfight, except for dive capability.  That's why the A8 in the picture is trying for some separation.

- oldman

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
I think if we dig up the stats or maybe just rattle the collective memories a bit here...the FW190A-8 has more than proven itself as the most lethal of all prop driven machines in the Luftwaffe stable in a Scenario situation.

Throw in that they will be piloted by the cream of the surviving experten, over friendly territory and with no magic magnetic radiator to spoil the fun...well it's not surprising the allied boys are a bit afraid.  I applaud the efforts to hide this worrisome foreboding behind propaganda and bravado.  Really, I do.

The simple and unwavering fact is that, when it comes to DGS II...

...The Butcher Birds will soar.

FLY Luftwaffe!

Contact any of your local recruiting Geschwaders, for a chance to once again, demonstrate the might of the Luftwaffe and superiority of our fighting men and machines.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »
A-8 with the bomb/drop tank rack cant catch a 17 over 32,000ft so it must have cought the 17 just after takeoff.

Ahhh how often the young confuse "I can't do it" with "It can't be done"  :D

We'll see....
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 12:06:14 AM »
I think if we dig up the stats or maybe just rattle the collective memories a bit here...the FW190A-8 has more than proven itself as the most lethal of all prop driven machines in the Luftwaffe stable in a Scenario situation.

Throw in that they will be piloted by the cream of the surviving experten, over friendly territory and with no magic magnetic radiator to spoil the fun...well it's not surprising the allied boys are a bit afraid.  I applaud the efforts to hide this worrisome foreboding behind propaganda and bravado.  Really, I do.

The simple and unwavering fact is that, when it comes to DGS II...

...The Butcher Birds will soar.

FLY Luftwaffe!

Contact any of your local recruiting Geschwaders, for a chance to once again, demonstrate the might of the Luftwaffe and superiority of our fighting men and machines.

I'm sorry.  Your local recruiting Geschwader's phone is out of order.  The Mustangs of the 364th FG have seen to that :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 12:23:27 AM »
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 12:28:30 AM »
Ahhh how often the young confuse "I can't do it" with "It can't be done"  :D

We'll see....
ya..please inform me of the top speed of an A8 at 32000ft and a B17, its true you can catch one, but youll be dead long befor you catch it from the rear. and the higher they get the more the a8's closure rate is decreased... good luck  :aok

FYI ive been in an A8 a damned good amount of time in the last 7years please inform me of how wrong i am...

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 12:47:04 AM »
ya..please inform me of the top speed of an A8 at 32000ft and a B17, its true you can catch one, but youll be dead long befor you catch it from the rear. and the higher they get the more the a8's closure rate is decreased... good luck  :aok

FYI ive been in an A8 a damned good amount of time in the last 7years please inform me of how wrong i am...

So don't fly it in the scenario.  Can't you see were trying to have some fun here and get fired up about the scenario?  :)

We surrender, you are the 190A8 god!  Relax and fly one or don't fly one in the scenario.  And if you do, and find a B17 at 32K, you'll be ahead of everyone else including the bomber pilots who won't be up that high.

I swear some folks just aren't ever gonna be pleased.  We could put you in a real 190A8 in 1944 and you'd probably tell us what's wrong with it!  :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 01:03:12 AM »
A-8 with the bomb/drop tank rack cant catch a 17 over 32,000ft
Wasn't that you?

its true you can catch one
and....you?

K, thanks for enlightening us. 

So, you can't catch one, but you can, and you will die if you try, but perhaps it's simply "you" will, but others might not.  Gotcha.  Glad you cleared that up.  Kinda like I said in the first place.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 02:33:23 AM »
Sollution to B17 speed problem , maximize speed for formation flying to IRL numbers, or lose drones.

I have asked for this in wishlist, but so far, no response from HTC.

Im sure there is knowledge how fast a B17 formation of 3 could fly coherent.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 09:33:31 AM »
Above, below, infront or behind...the direction does not matter.  All that matters is that we are fighting men, sworn to the cause, and determined to defend our homes and the homes of our countrymen against the outlaw pirate raiders of the west.  Let them come...and we will rise up and meet them, with honor, the cold steel of the Luftwaffe aircraft, and iron will of the men who fly them.

It can be done.  It will be done!

FLY Der Grosse Schlag II and...create The Experience!

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -