Author Topic: trojans and firwall  (Read 1721 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: trojans and firwall
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
sure as soon as I see somebody with a mac, I'll probably get one.  the last time i saw a mac in a place other than a store was back in highschool and they were called apple2c's.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »
sure as soon as I see somebody with a mac, I'll probably get one.  the last time i saw a mac in a place other than a store was back in highschool and they were called apple2c's.

semp

Come to our office, we have about 18 of them at use :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 02:54:27 AM »
Come to our office, we have about 18 of them at use :)

come to our office we have none :).

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 05:24:28 AM »
come to our office we have none :).

semp

So what youre saying because YOU don't use them you think nobody else does? :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
"Scriptno" is very good :old:

What are the graphics like on a mac?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »
"Scriptno" is very good :old:

What are the graphics like on a mac?

Depends on the use. For gaming macs are not very good, limited choice still and gaming hardware extremely pricey. Then again for office or home recreational use it's excellent. Apps are super easy to use and generally very high quality especially when looking at value. Excellent presentation software, hobby etc. apps for next to nothing and some even bundled in. The iLife package with music sequencer, photo editor, web page maker and video editor software is amazing value for money. Then there's the ease of use - you can plug a Mac to your bluetooth amplifier with a couple clicks for example where with windows you need to replace the whole bluetooth stack with a paid version.

So far the amount of malware and viruses is also next to nothing. But that may change in the future.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 10:56:40 AM »
So what youre saying because YOU don't use them you think nobody else does? :D

no I am saying because i havent seen anybody use one since I was in high school back in 83, they must be rare.  I have seen elvis more times than a mac.

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 11:48:39 AM »
no I am saying because i havent seen anybody use one since I was in high school back in 83, they must be rare.  I have seen elvis more times than a mac.

semp

Macs used to be rare. Times are changing. There was a period that Apple almost went bankrupt untill Jobs pulled it from the gutter.

I see macs everywhere nowadays, not just in our office. Many of my relatives use them, clients use them, my kids use them... A mac is a good conversation piece when you sit in the same table with clients. Usually the first comment is 'why don't they give us so nice computers too'. Especially the ladies seem to appreciate them. Then the next question usually is 'Is it just you or is it the company policy'.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 03:04:07 PM »
Macs used to be rare. Times are changing. There was a period that Apple almost went bankrupt untill Jobs pulled it from the gutter.

I see macs everywhere nowadays, not just in our office. Many of my relatives use them, clients use them, my kids use them... A mac is a good conversation piece when you sit in the same table with clients. Usually the first comment is 'why don't they give us so nice computers too'. Especially the ladies seem to appreciate them. Then the next question usually is 'Is it just you or is it the company policy'.

I dont doubt it, however like i said other than at the store the last time i saw one was back in 1983.  and I remember having the money to go buy one but I ended up buying a car instead as it was cheaper :).

semp

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »
I dont doubt it, however like i said other than at the store the last time i saw one was back in 1983.

You should get out more  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234