Author Topic: Greetings from AhhClem (AC)  (Read 514 times)

Offline AhhClem

• Zinc Member
Greetings from AhhClem (AC)
« on: May 24, 2012, 12:21:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself now that I have forum access.  I've been a flight simmer for many years and I really like the AH community and mechanics so far.  It's apparent that I have a LOT of reading to do, when I can break away from flying for fun in AH.  I run my own business as a phone guy in the Louisville, KY area and really like the work and my home town.  I was a long time Jumpgate pilot (6.5 years) but sadly they turned off the server April 30th.  Most former JGers have gone to Vendetta Online, which I tried about a year ago and didn't care for mostlly over the flight engine.  However, some are heading towards AH and I'll be giving them a hand with basics whenever possible.  I'm pretty deep in the learning curve myself at this point and while I know some things I also know there are big gaps in my education and am looking forward to training opportunities.

I've already met some of you in game and I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you as time goes by.  It's been great fun so far.

AC

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Greetings from AhhClem (AC)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
 AC,

Welcome to the unfriendky skies!   This link has a lot of imformation for you to read.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

If you have any questions you found the right place,please feel free to ask away and remember there are no dumb questions but you might get the odd silly answer.

Oh and alt/f4 just kicks you to desktop so anyone who tells you different is just pulling your leg.

:salute

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 02:44:11 AM »
Ah, clem I think i've had a few encounters with you in the MA, good to see ya on the BBS... Tip: never leave the help and training section...you don't wanna know what goes on in the general discussion! :bolt:
lol you fly well, Im sure you'll be gettin the hang of it in no time  :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 05:34:49 AM »
Welcome to AH sir  :salute :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
AhhClem welcome to AH2!! I was following you around a random base yesterday cause I was bord and you were pulling some moves  :rofl
You'll do just fine here my friend. Lets fly together sometimes!  :aok

Offline AhhClem

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »
Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

And morfiend, thank you for the trainer link.  I just scanned the contents and I've just become the "child and the closed box"...."oooooh, what's in here??"  :x

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll have questions soon, right now I'm sorting through the muddle in my head and forming the questions.  I still haven't figured out which fighter plane is "my plane".  I have some favorites so far, but that's only from a noobie's perspective.  The Brewster for low and slow, the LA-7 for interceptions, the FW-190D and Spit IX for "not sure what your up against", the Seafire, F6F and A6M for carriers (yes, I can actually land on one pretty dependably).  But there's so much out there to still try, including the GVs and bombers.  I think I might be interested for a while.  :aok

Again, it's wonderful to be here and thank you for the help so far.  We'll have to see about the General Discussion area later.  ;)

AC

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »
I've already met some of you in game and I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you as time goes by.  It's been great fun so far.

AC

Welcome, AC.  If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.  I fly for Bishlandia.  Can get any new players if they be adults ship-shape with dive-bombing and high altitude level bombing. 

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »
 AC,

Once settled in you might want to look into flying some events,they can be great fun and are completely different from the Arenas.

FSO,or Friday Squad Ops is run 3 weeks out of 4 and is a 1 life event,you must be registered in a squad to compete. Many squads will allow "guest" to fly with them so they can try it out. Check the friday squad ops forum and let the guys know you'd like to try it out and I'm sure some squad will invite you.
 We also have events like snapshot,these are run most nights in the special events arena.

And lastly we are having an event called DGS,it starts in Oct.,ya sounds like a long way off but these require alot of planning and organization. This type event are generally 2 life events!

So as you can see there's plenty to do and learn,we even have a racing league if you're interested in that type of thing. Alot of great guys and gals run that!

Have fun and if you have any question,you know where to ask them!

:salute
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:41:42 AM by morfiend »