Author Topic: keep flying when disconnected momentarilly please.  (Read 855 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
keep flying when disconnected momentarilly please.
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:08:59 PM »
nothing ruins a great flight like a bad disco. some people have a lot of trouble with discos this would be a great thing for them.

can we have our little toon plane keep flying or our tank sit at idle if we disco and relog within a reasonable time? they would be easy to kill and defenseless and it would be more fun for the enemy player to shoot at than a proxy kill that just vanishes.

if the plane simply flew level or climbed to 10k at low power then flew at low speed it would only be a disco fix and not be an exploit.

this of all things I would want more than new planes or other features.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
Re: keep flying when disconnected momentarilly please.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »
What happens now when we are disconnected?  Do we "die"?  If so, then I guess this idea is ok, as we would be no worse off, and maybe our plane/GV would still be there when we re-logged. 

MH

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »
Boing!

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »
Boing!

Does this signify approval?  If it is a response to my comment, I haven't been disconnected much, and therefore don't have any idea whether we lose perks when disconnected.  If we do, then the idea is good.  If we don't, then giving the enemy a free shot at our non-maneuvering vehicle/plane is not good. 

MH
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:27:39 PM by TDeacon »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 10:02:29 AM »
"Boing!" is usually followed by "wish granted" which implies that the wish is already in game though maybe not completely as wished for.

It was addressed to the original poster.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »
"Boing!" is usually followed by "wish granted" which implies that the wish is already in game though maybe not completely as wished for.

It was addressed to the original poster.

So, you are saying we already have this in game?

MH

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 07:38:36 PM »
no when you disco in game even for a moment you log back in and are back in the tower.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 09:31:04 PM »
I'm interest to know if this is possible. I like the idea and know MMOS use it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
It is already in game.

You can have up to a 30 second lapse in communication in many sims and I'm sure the threshold here is higher than 10 seconds.

So.......you are disco for any time below the threshold and you continue like nothing happened.....unless you were watching the beacon.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 04:22:04 PM »
WISH GRANTED!!

thx HTC! :)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 10:39:35 PM »
I figured it was like the Matrix: "the body cannot live without the mind." I don't see how it would be possible for the server to keep up with your vehicle's status if it is no longer receiving information from your computer. If what you're asking for is possible, then fine by me.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 11:32:15 PM »
The main difference now is that the sim relaxes and flies straight instead of using the data from your last control inputs before you disco'd.

Cable pullers will rue this day in history.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 01:06:43 AM »
Cable pullers will rue this day in history.

You do realize the last time I actually seen someone pull cable was over 6 years ago? Keep up with the "spies" garbage you might manage to keep this lie going.

/Wireless is one thing and satellite, even trying to dupe this is a funny joke as people who try to cable pull end up crashing into the ground or level flight - it just means your reaction time is 10x slower then they are since they have to react 10x faster if their internet is truly that bad.
//Yep been there done that, flew on 28.8 modem for years, cable users just dominated me, although some did whine since I had to become faster then them at reacting.

JG 52

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 06:36:55 AM »
Per the new update

If you are have a disconnect or crash, your plane will be replaced by an AI drone for a 5 minute window.  The drone will not fight but will stay in a shallow climb on your last heading before disconnecting.  If you return to the arena within the 5 minute window and your plane was not shot down, it will automatically respawn your flight and replace the AI drone with your plane.  If you alt F4 to exit the game, it will continue to treat that as a plane crash.

:aok

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »
I disconnected, and returned within a minute, to the tower.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix