Author Topic: June '12 KOTH Dates.  (Read 6774 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: June '12 KOTH Dates.
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 09:38:57 AM »
Adapt and over come.

Sorry jo but as someone who does warp quite frequently. How can your opponent set up a move precisely when they lag out of plane then shoot from  side on and put you in the tower.  Just because they cannot be bothered to plug an ethernet cable in or close programs running in the background that use bandwidth.

This isn,t about pc power bone just internet connection. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »
What about someone like JoeBlack? Im sure he has a ethernet cable, as awell as programs in the back closed, however he is probably the worst 'warper' in the game. You cannot restrict someone from playing because they have internet problems like this, I know because, if netflix is on at my house I see everyone warp like joeblack if I try to fly. So Im quite sure it takes much patients on both ends as JoeBlack must see people warp quie frequently as well  :headscratch: (this obviously goes for anyone who waprs not just JB)
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »
Adapt and over come.
This is the only way.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 11:21:04 AM »
Sorry jo but as someone who does warp quite frequently. How can your opponent set up a move precisely when they lag out of plane then shoot from  side on and put you in the tower.  Just because they cannot be bothered to plug an ethernet cable in or close programs running in the background that use bandwidth.

One could say the same about Pervs connection in TOC but nobody took that out of context.

Fuze are you saying that Pervert with his laggy connection shouldnt have flown in TOC?

Not trying to argue only trying to understand what you are getting at.  :salute
=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »
One could say the same about Pervs connection in TOC but nobody took that out of context.

Fuze are you saying that Pervert with his laggy connection shouldnt have flown in TOC?

My connection was fine at TOC I was on a cable connection for the event.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012, 11:31:52 AM »
My point is if you guys are complaining about PC power and you think its so simple to get such a better connection then why have so many not done this yet?

The internet is not something you can control at all, I could have the best internet connection in the US and bet ya I would still be laggy from time to time.

Almost every fight with you seemed out of place during TOC and you even said you had warped once or twice during the fights with Grizz.

Not here to start any flaming or Trolling Just stating the obvious.

=The Damned=

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012, 11:41:55 AM »

This isn't the person who is warping problem now is it?  :angel:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »
My point is if you guys are complaining about PC power and you think its so simple to get such a better connection then why have so many not done this yet?

Theres one person you are having this discussion with in this thread bone you brought me into it, now you are trying to use me as a comparison as though I started the subject, me and Bruv are 2 different people.

The internet is not something you can control at all, I could have the best internet connection in the US and bet ya I would still be laggy from time to time.

True I don't think Bruv is disputing that if you re read what he wrote.

Almost every fight with you seemed out of place during TOC and you even said you had warped once or twice during the fights with Grizz.

Give me some examples you are unhappy with? , yeah Grizz showed me the video and I do not dispute that in the 2nd round? I think? he seen a warp from me, but from my screen everything looked hunky dory to me. I had no problems with gunnery or in tracking anyone.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 11:46:51 AM »
<deep sigh>  <moving away>
AoM
City of ice

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012, 12:21:05 PM »
Theres one person you are having this discussion with in this thread bone you brought me into it, now you are trying to use me as a comparison as though I started the subject, me and Bruv are 2 different people.

True I don't think Bruv is disputing that if you re read what he wrote.

Give me some examples you are unhappy with? , yeah Grizz showed me the video and I do not dispute that in the 2nd round? I think? he seen a warp from me, but from my screen everything looked hunky dory to me. I had no problems with gunnery or in tracking anyone.
Quick Deflect from the thread.  Very Classy.

This is not about you edit: I used the same type of situation that was played out in this situation if you felt it was directed at you then that is on you.

Back to the topic Fuze, In the end the decision is up to you CMs and anything you guys decide I will abide by as will the rest Im sure.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:24:01 PM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 12:32:54 PM »
Bone...if someone is having an issue off and on that is on thing. But to have someone that their net status looks like a bad ekg report is another. It doesn't make the fights fair for all players in the event including yourself if your flying at the time. That is all Bruv is saying. We can't contol connections but we need to make sure events like KOTH are equally fair for everyone. I personally have 3 computers in my house. My kids are always on them. Each are plugged in to my cable modem. My son watches videos on netflix. My daughter plays on facebook and I have no lag issues. Again, keeping the event fair is what I strive to do so in my KOTH if someone as fuzeman put it is playing connect the dots then I will ground them until their net status levels out.

Not here to start any flaming or Trolling Just stating the obvious.

~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »
Quick Deflect from the thread.  Very Classy.

This is not about you edit: I used the same type of situation that was played out in this situation if you felt it was directed at you then that is on you.

Back to the topic Fuze, In the end the decision is up to you CMs and anything you guys decide I will abide by as will the rest Im sure.

So if you don't want me to come in to a conversation just don't put my name up there. Lets not get to dramatic I did simply reply to a post that was about me didn't I?

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
I don't see it? Could you make it a little bigger please, thx

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2012, 01:14:44 PM »
everyone at some point will have micro warps and of course you can't control the net but if the CM's and players see one particular player hop, skipping and jumping all over the sky then they need to be taken to task and the event hosts do that to the best of their abilities with everything else going on. 

If you know you can't fix it then sit out and watch from the tower is all I'm saying.   If I hear "oh storms are coming" how about getting your head down the shelter instead of flying one more round of KOTH and spoiling other peoples experiences. 
The Few ***
F.P.H