Author Topic: Realistic running abilities  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Realistic running abilities
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:58:15 AM »
I would like for the drunks to be slowed down a bit. (I believe the average speed after testing was ~20 mph.) I believe that slowing down the troops would encourage more defenders at a horde party, as well as add to overall realism.

I would like to speed up the pace at which bailed pilots can run. Perhaps I'm off the mark here as I haven't tested it, but it seems like the pilots move at a slow crawl.

Food for thought anyway...

:salute
See Rule #4

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
Re: Realistic running abilities
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 04:46:20 PM »
I would like for the drunks to be slowed down a bit. (I believe the average speed after testing was ~20 mph.) I believe that slowing down the troops would encourage more defenders at a horde party, as well as add to overall realism.

I would like to speed up the pace at which bailed pilots can run. Perhaps I'm off the mark here as I haven't tested it, but it seems like the pilots move at a slow crawl.

Food for thought anyway...

Well.....20 mph IS pretty fast for 10 drunken white guys.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
Well.....20 mph IS pretty fast for 10 drunken white guys.

I know, right?

Anyway, I did a little Googling and came up with this tidbit about Usain Bolt...

"Usain Bolt ran the 2009 World final in 9.58 seconds. That's an average of 23.35 mph or 37.578 km/h. Taking acceleration time to the finish into consideration - his top speed was 27.45 mph or 44.172 km/h according to the biomechanical analysis of his 9.58 record."

Yep, I call B.S. on combat troops running anywhere near that fast.

See Rule #4

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »
I know, right?

Anyway, I did a little Googling and came up with this tidbit about Usain Bolt...

"Usain Bolt ran the 2009 World final in 9.58 seconds. That's an average of 23.35 mph or 37.578 km/h. Taking acceleration time to the finish into consideration - his top speed was 27.45 mph or 44.172 km/h according to the biomechanical analysis of his 9.58 record."

+1 more realism = better, in most cases

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »

They aren't combat troops, else they would shhoot back, hide, disperse instead of running in a single file completely ignoring enemy fire  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »
They aren't combat troops, else they would shhoot back, hide, disperse instead of running in a single file completely ignoring enemy fire  ;)

Hehe, point taken.

I would like to change my wish. I wish that our "troops" were dressed as track athletes, complete with number placards and really short shorts. Instead of rifles they shall carry javelins and throwing hammers.

Furthermore, I wish that when a pilot bails out he shall no longer be equipped with a semi-auto pistol. From now on, I would like to see bailed pilots equipped with canes and/or corrective footwear.

See Rule #4

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 08:29:07 PM »
~200 lb. Troops can run through buildings and shrugs....Why the hell can't my 70 ton Tiger II do that without flipping over?  :bhead
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »
his top speed was 27.45 mph

think about that for a minute ... thats just incredible  :confused:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 08:40:37 PM »
~200 lb. Troops can run through buildings and shrugs....Why the hell can't my 70 ton Tiger II do that without flipping over?  :bhead

LOL troops do not run through buildings and trees, they run over them. watch more closely next time. As for your tiger 2, Your Doing it wrong! you must go over  :t
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline WING47

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »

I know man, +1 on this...the other day I took an LVT to a port, dumped troops, put my LVT to full speed 25-28 mph and the troops were still somewhat out running the tank  :lol. All that came to mind was "buff troops in AH".  :rofl

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »
I know man, +1 on this...the other day I took an LVT to a port, dumped troops, put my LVT to full speed 25-28 mph and the troops were still somewhat out running the tank  :lol. All that came to mind was "buff troops in AH".  :rofl

I have drooped the troops and race them to the map room in my lvt.  i win every time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
They run over Town houses, these drunks a freerunners.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »
parkour, PARKOUR!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:57:04 PM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
See Rule #4