Author Topic: opinions/comments wanted  (Read 622 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
opinions/comments wanted
« on: June 09, 2012, 09:06:13 PM »
ok some of ya know I have been workin in Blender trying to add creatures to Skyrim

opinions wanted on this animation....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nElmSMvObTc

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
Re: opinions/comments wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 09:23:23 PM »
ok some of ya know I have been workin in Blender trying to add creatures to Skyrim

opinions wanted on this animation....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nElmSMvObTc

I like it! I just think he needs a little more "spring" to his walk, but other then that...  :aok 

Very nice Ink
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »
not that mine matters much but...... looks pretty lifelike to me.  not to mention it's a heckuva lot better than I could do.       :aok
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 09:46:05 PM »
I like it! I just think he needs a little more "spring" to his walk, but other then that...  :aok 

Very nice Ink

cool thanx for the comment :aok

not that mine matters much but...... looks pretty lifelike to me.  not to mention it's a heckuva lot better than I could do.       :aok

all opinions are welcome :D

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »
Sigh, you got it all wrong. You do not make a T-rex in a blender.  :huh

You make margaritas in a blender!  :x :cheers:
 :neener:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 11:13:20 AM »
i like it. cant wait to see the skin. what squad will it be? j/k  my niece plays skyrim would love to see it kill her.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »
Is it going to have the kill animation of a dragon when they snap you and throw you around?

FIRE BREATHING T-REX!  :devil :x

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 12:41:58 PM »
I hate to be over critical as it is vastly better than I could do, but honestly it seems more like the understanding of the T-Rex from prior to the 1980s.    It seems over thick, obese even and too wide in the hips as well as ponderous.   The animation also seemed to have an odd hitch/uneveness to the loop.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 02:23:46 PM »
I hate to be over critical as it is vastly better than I could do, but honestly it seems more like the understanding of the T-Rex from prior to the 1980s.    It seems over thick, obese even and too wide in the hips as well as ponderous.   The animation also seemed to have an odd hitch/uneveness to the loop.

dont be i want that type of comment......thanx

will think about what ya said

:salute

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 02:31:57 PM »
Finally, my chance to call you all the names I wanted, but still can't due to rules.   :cry

J/K brother.

:rofl

The shading on the chest makes it look too flat from the side view.  Anything you can do about that?
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »
OK first off....I'm uber jealous about your ability to make stuff like that.

Second and only issue I have (can't see well, on phone) - It looks like with it's current walk pattern that the center "toe" might drag "in-ground" when he walks. Maybe a little more lift?
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 04:39:16 PM »
the tail should move from side to side as it walks.  as the body of the trex would move at a slight angle with each step and the tail would help it balance.  it was also pretty fast and in the animation it looks like it's a bit slower than what it should be.  and your animation also it walks on it's toes.  while in the video link I found it walks on its entire foot.

look at this video. specially when the trex is first climbing the hill about 30 seconds into it.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kBfc8Hwuvk&feature=related

semp

one more edit:  your animation moves more like the nano-tyranno than the t-rex.  watch the video at about 4:15 you can clearly see it.

another edit:  your left foot step doesnt match the right foot step.  it looks like the right foot walks more on it's toes than the left.  not sure if this is due to the angle of the shot.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:53:41 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 05:56:30 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=MissoCefH-w   - :20 seconds in  - Like that Semp? xD
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 11:55:46 PM »
Finally, my chance to call you all the names I wanted, but still can't due to rules.   :cry

J/K brother.

The shading on the chest makes it look :P too flat from the side view.  Anything you can do about that?

this is actually the lo polly model, with nothing but a blank marital on it...when I add on the bump map and texture it looks more natural

Sigh, you got it all wrong. You do not make a T-rex in a blender.  :huh

You make margaritas in a blender!  :x :cheers:
 :neener:

:aok

OK first off....I'm uber jealous about your ability to make stuff like that.

Second and only issue I have (can't see well, on phone) - It looks like with it's current walk pattern that the center "toe" might drag "in-ground" when he walks. Maybe a little more lift?

something that needs to be fixed :aok

the tail should move from side to side as it walks.  as the body of the trex would move at a slight angle with each step and the tail would help it balance.  it was also pretty fast and in the animation it looks like it's a bit slower than what it should be.  and your animation also it walks on it's toes.  while in the video link I found it walks on its entire foot.

look at this video. specially when the trex is first climbing the hill about 30 seconds into it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kBfc8Hwuvk&feature=related

semp

one more edit:  your animation moves more like the nano-tyranno than the t-rex.  watch the video at about 4:15 you can clearly see it.

another edit:  your left foot step doesnt match the right foot step.  it looks like the right foot walks more on it's toes than the left.  not sure if this is due to the angle of the shot.

good points thanx :salute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=MissoCefH-w   - :20 seconds in  - Like that Semp? xD

man the running T rex at the beginning was sweet...... real nice :rock

Thanx Guys this is what I need :salute