Author Topic: Realistic Puffy Ack  (Read 4740 times)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: Realistic Puffy Ack
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »
If you aren't maneuvering of course you will get hit,  The only planes that can probably get away with that is bombers.  If you're in a fighter you need to alter your altitude, speed, and heading etc. Honestly, puffy ack is a bit toned down then what it actually was like in real life.

Warthog

Per my previous post I think you have to be maneuvering at the exact moment that it shoots at you, and a bomber, assuming the hit bubble or area is the same should be more likely be hit as a result.  Granted it's tougher and should if be more likely to survive that hit.  I wonder though that if you have three aircraft if the hit bubble is three times as big, or it selects one aircraft out of the three and then creates that bubble around just that aircraft?  Either way it would be much less likely to destroy a bomber formation as opposed to a single fighter.

So is the bomber getting through because you have more aircraft and tougher aircraft?  That would make sense.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
I lost a P-47N while doing my fighter-bomber performance tests offline today.  I was running my 10,000ft WEP speed test on an unladen P-47N doing something over 300mph and accelerating when I entered range of an enemy fleet.  Less than 20 seconds later I was a fireball.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline WING47

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 12:37:25 PM »
As I have gotten  :furious about this one before the Ack seems to strong in the arenas In WW2 films a have seen it does not to that much damage Just wondering if this is possbile and guys I dont want this to be one whole Mess thread so please keep it short

RedBaron  :bolt:
If a 88mm shell blew up next to or directly on an aircraft what do you think is gonna happen :aok