Author Topic: Favorite Aces High memories?  (Read 8384 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Favorite Aces High memories?
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »
As I said it would have been due to damage. I've been thinking on 2 things here. 1 I don't "regularly land with wheels up and don't know where you got this idea. Second, I don't think I've ever said anything about realism in a game either. If I was worried about realism I wouldnt be flying in 10 to 1 odds like I do. I don't know where you got your information.

As for the post, it lame to wait 3 hour to register a kill. In that same 3 hours with my poor skills I would have a dozen more.

The fun policeman has spoken.

Who are you to tell me that a battle of patience between two players is wrong when I watch you land wheels up because it takes too long to roll out?

It was not about the score or kill tally but rather about who gave up first.

Please remember that you instigated this exchange.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:06:43 PM by icepac »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2012, 12:01:19 PM »
The fun policeman has spoken.

There is more to the game than banging out easy kills and milkrunning towns.

Who are you to tell me that a battle of patience between two players is wrong when I watch you land wheels up because it takes too long to roll out?

I'll provide film if you want it.

This is about fighting.  I always land wheels up to get back up into a fight again quickly.  If I wanted to practice textbook landings in a flight sim, I would start up FSX.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »
Sweet.......we get the lowest common denominator of our gaming experience forced upon us.

Remember that you aren't the only person who is affected by your gaming the game for an easy advantage.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:21:00 PM by icepac »

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
The Battle of the Bulge FSO, with me and Morf in A20's.  Much destruction was caused :aok

Frame 2 of Scratch One Flattop.  One of VF-17's finest moments since I've been with them.  Fighting overwelmed and low and fuel and especially ammo, guys staying in the fight to clear each other despite having no ammo and low on fuel.  Trying to line up the enemy for friendlies that still did have some ammo.  It was a desperate fight, the kind you always remember. 

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »
Posted in Films and Screenshots as well. Back by demand- Betty's First Buff Mission :rofl :rofl :rofl
 I'm Sorry Betty :bolt:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,175677.0.html

:cheers: Oz

Ohhhh geeze lol....never gonna live that down huh? Lol
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
Ohhhh geeze lol....never gonna live that down huh? Lol

LOL!!! every time I see you post something thats the first thing that pops into my head. It ALWAYS makes me chuckle  :rofl

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2012, 08:43:36 PM »
LOL!!! every time I see you post something thats the first thing that pops into my head. It ALWAYS makes me chuckle  :rofl

I ran a million successful misssions and no one remembers them...but only ran I mission of 28 sets of b24s into a side of a hill and no one forgets it lol
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »
Who hasn't created a mission that spawned from a hanger and crashed?

/i know I have, just waiting for the first B-29 mission to do this, oh the whining would be endless.
JG 52

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »
Hmmm...probably raging at Bone for picking and vulching when I first started playing again last year.  :D

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp