Author Topic: Favorite Aces High memories?  (Read 8382 times)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
Re: Favorite Aces High memories?
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2012, 03:37:21 AM »
Posted in Films and Screenshots as well. Back by demand- Betty's First Buff Mission :rofl :rofl :rofl
 I'm Sorry Betty :bolt:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,175677.0.html

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »
classic thread  :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
Don't know if this is my favorite, but it's a good one, and happened a few hours ago.  I logged in this morning, and found a Bish CV near the nit port up north on ND Isles.  I ran a couple sorties because when I asked on country channel the boat's distance, a fellow Bish was kind of enough to check.  This was a matter of some pitch because we had just sunk the Knight CV shortly before.  So the boat had a little sailing left.

I landed.  Got on boat and lo and behold the Knight CV was up and steaming in a normal manner south east'ish away from the port.  There was another Bish onboard, a new player, and thankfully he did not fire.  We waited and got our boat in position shelling as we sailed to about 9K from the port.  Happily, no upped, so no blinking.  I posted a mission.  Pushed it back 5 mins.  And got what looked like enough to do the job.

We lifted; and within minutes the VH, Stortch hangar, and shore batteries were destroyed.

We captured the Knight port with no drama or hand-wringing.

Now to find their boat.  Several went aloft; and in 10 mins, we found her as whoever was at the helm did a fine job in putting her off a predictable line.

In Hell Cats we rallied to the boat.  Gladly, and since all of us were off our boat range/room was a very handy comm, those in the lead held their ord until we had enough to take a good wack at her.  There were no heroes, no snafu's, no anything.  It went off like clockwork.  About 6 Hell Cats arrived, some of us circling the boat waiting for our mates.  We did the job.

Just one of those happy Op's.

<S> to Bish and Knight alike.

Offline nate617

• Zinc Member
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »
Only had a few sorties, but loved turning up to back a guy up near the airfield and the enemy running off after assuming I know what I'm doing!! I love the fact you can make an impact whatever your skill level. Plus strafing two B-17's for my first kill :x

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2012, 01:14:40 AM »
Flying in the P-47D-25.   Same sortie downing 2 x 262.   :rock
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2012, 10:38:47 AM »
I chased high buffs and shot them all up (one downed) but ran out of fuel short of his landing field expecting him to not make the field and the kills would show up soon in the buffer......or his landing of points.

I landed just outside of flashing the field and waited....and waited.......went to the junkyard and picked up something....came back to scroll through the buffer and saw nothing of him.   

Checked roster and he was still in the arena so I decided that this crafty guy had maybe landed no damage.

I ended sortie and my buffer shows a kill credited to him........dang....he outwaited me........for over 3 hours.

That led me to believe he was sitting on the runway waiting for me to end flight to collect his 110g pelt....which he did.

I quickly upped a yak9 hoping he had left keyboard like I had and flew fast NOE to his field, found his planes sitting on the runway, and strafed them down knowing the field ack would get me.

Lessons:

1.   HG428CJ is one smart and patient cookie.

2.   If you wait to get a kill, don't leave the keyboard until the buffer shows his landing or roster shows him gone.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2012, 11:14:09 AM »
Killing SunBat while in a 3v1 with Muppets.  :noid
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »
I doubt Xbrit will remeber any of this, but:
Shortly after I first started playing AH and flying for the Rooks with the 81st Krewsaders. I  was just getting to where I could actually take off in a fighter, I came across Xbrit in a 1v1. As in MA fashion though another con was lining up to pick him so I jumped in to help (not that he would need it). Ofcourse I overshot and was about to auger at every turn, but I managed to distract the con's enough to help him. Xbrit may have killed both of them for all I know now as I can't recall that. What sticks out in my mind is we communicated with each other on range and worked as a team in a 2v2 and both of us survived. I remember feeling a sense of comraderie and accomplishment which I know sounds dumb in a cartoon world. Funny how that sense of achievement has stuck with me.

Lambo
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
Sorry, I just had to do this......

I chased high buffs and shot them all up (one downed) but ran out of fuel short of his landing field expecting him to not make the field and the kills would show up soon in the buffer......or his landing of points.

I landed just outside of flashing the field and waited....and waited.......went to the junkyard and picked up something....came back to scroll through the buffer and saw nothing of him.   

Checked roster and he was still in the arena so I decided that this crafty guy had maybe landed no damage.

I ended sortie and my buffer shows a kill credited to him........dang....he outwaited me........for over 3 hours.

That led me to believe he was sitting on the runway waiting for me to end flight to collect his 110g pelt....which he did.

I quickly upped a yak9 hoping he had left keyboard like I had and flew fast NOE to his field, found his planes sitting on the runway, and strafed them down knowing the field ack would get me.

Lessons:

1.   HG428CJ is one smart and patient cookie.

2.   If you wait to get a kill, don't leave the keyboard until the buffer shows his landing or roster shows him gone.

This is why game play has gone down hill, where getting "the kill" has become more important than the fight.

I doubt Xbrit will remeber any of this, but:
Shortly after I first started playing AH and flying for the Rooks with the 81st Krewsaders. I  was just getting to where I could actually take off in a fighter, I came across Xbrit in a 1v1. As in MA fashion though another con was lining up to pick him so I jumped in to help (not that he would need it). Ofcourse I overshot and was about to auger at every turn, but I managed to distract the con's enough to help him. Xbrit may have killed both of them for all I know now as I can't recall that. What sticks out in my mind is we communicated with each other on range and worked as a team in a 2v2 and both of us survived. I remember feeling a sense of comraderie and accomplishment which I know sounds dumb in a cartoon world. Funny how that sense of achievement has stuck with me.

Lambo

....and this is what is missing. The comraderie challenge and fun of the fight. Remembering the fight and fun one had but not remembering who killed what.  <S>

and yes, Xbrit is a fun one to fly with. Many a great memory flying with him.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »
My first dogfight in my first fso with my squad leader's tracer streaming over my cockpit

landing an ar234 with 2 mins of fuel remaining in a scenario

taking out leviathan's LA7 in my FM2 :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2012, 09:41:36 PM »
My first dogfight in my first fso with my squad leader's tracer streaming over my cockpit

landing an ar234 with 2 mins of fuel remaining in a scenario

taking out leviathan's LA7 in my FM2 :)

Be extra thankful for the honour... I never even got to see him one time in AH. :cry

All I have are a few old films. :frown:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2012, 07:09:55 AM »
Still waiting for it to happen actually but someday I will be within radio range of both LT and Manawar at the same time.

:D
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
Best forum thread ever :ahand

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,52499.0.html

anyone who agrees raise your hand and yell QUAH! :rock
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member