Author Topic: New staged missions.  (Read 11566 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: New staged missions.
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2012, 09:04:06 PM »
It is done in realtime based on the actual surroundings of the reflective surface.
I understand how the reflections are rendered (conceptually), basically what I'm asking is how the game determines how reflective any given surface is supposed to be.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
Will reflectivity change with skins?
It's going to have too...some skins have bare metal and some don't.

Are the skinners going to have to remap their skins.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2012, 12:41:42 AM »

it says countries, its just that the words need scrolling to see or have been edited to hide them from us, look at the sentance underneath :)
I realize that bat. It was just a very feeble attempt at ribbing Hitech about his spelling.  :D
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2012, 12:04:53 PM »
Btw I don't believe most understand that the mission system has nothing to do with the current online mission system. That does not change.

The staged mission system is the current offline mission system that we wrote for TOD.

With the next release people will be able to upload mission in the same manner as terrains.
These missions can then be played in the custom host arenas, or the special events arenas. (all arenas are capable but CM privileges are needed to load one.) The AI fills the mission spots that players do not .

So it would be possible to have a missions where most bombers are flown by AI in a scenario.

Since AI is now available we also have added a reconnect ability.
If you disco, an AI will fly your plane for a period of time until you return or the time runs out.

Also we do not have any plans on implementing mirrors. Do to how environment mapping works. It would not create the image from the correct view point that mirrors need to work. The other reason is we try our best to not provide any advantage to faster computers.

HiTech

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »

If you disco, an AI will fly your plane for a period of time until you return or the time runs out.

HiTech

Awesome.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »

Nice.  Maybe he'll do better than me. :D

Also we do not have any plans on implementing mirrors. Do to how environment mapping works. It would not create the image from the correct view point that mirrors need to work. The other reason is we try our best to not provide any advantage to faster computers.

HiTech

Aw...  I was hopeful, but kinda figured it would be something along those lines.  Appreciate the straight answer anyways.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »
Guess it is about time I get myself a beast of a gameputer, I really want to enjoy all this new eyecandy while in game. Not just look at it in YouTube..

I just ordered me a new stick today, so hopefully I will be able to put up a decent fight again soon while in eyecandy-off-mode atleast.. But this looks just great, I really have to major upgrades now after seeing this!   :O
TheStig

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2012, 12:42:05 PM »

How about if we just want to join the AI plane and watch what they do and how they fight? Maybe even man the guns (in a bomber).
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2012, 12:42:59 PM »
........................... or the special events arenas. (all arenas are capable but CM privileges are needed to load one.) The AI fills the mission spots that players do not .

So it would be possible to have a missions where most bombers are flown by AI in a scenario.

HiTech

superb.................... :banana:

now add massed AI tank battle capability where the balance can be tipped by air to ground action or player (GV) intervention.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:46:40 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »
Btw I don't believe most understand that the mission system has nothing to do with the current online mission system. That does not change.

The staged mission system is the current offline mission system that we wrote for TOD.

With the next release people will be able to upload mission in the same manner as terrains.
These missions can then be played in the custom host arenas, or the special events arenas. (all arenas are capable but CM privileges are needed to load one.) The AI fills the mission spots that players do not .

:x

For you AvA fans, get ready to have your socks blown off during our weekly setups!
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »

Planes only I assume? It would prove more of an issue for GV's, since the distances of travel are far smaller, range of engagment is far longer (upwards of 3 times as long as it is for aircraft), and theres a lot more crap that AI would have to dodge unless you want your 68ton Tiger II to end up on its back.

Also, will AI keep you from smashing into a mountian, or will it essentially just be level auto-pilot?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »

Also, will AI keep you from smashing into a mountian, or will it essentially just be level auto-pilot?
Artificial Intelligence.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »
Planes only I assume? It would prove more of an issue for GV's, since the distances of travel are far smaller, range of engagment is far longer (upwards of 3 times as long as it is for aircraft), and theres a lot more crap that AI would have to dodge unless you want your 68ton Tiger II to end up on its back.

Thats classified!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
Artificial Intelligence.

Reporting Spikes for that avatar....that's just....      um.......nvm. :bolt:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »

HiTech

Thank you for the explanation.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.