Author Topic: Skuzzy: Might be a False Positive from NOD32  (Read 682 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy: Might be a False Positive from NOD32
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:00:51 PM »
Skuzzy,

In the Aces HIgh General froum.

Thread titled: Gone, but not forgotten

My NOD32 popud up a warning and quarantined this:

6/29/2012 1:53:39 PM   HTTP filter   archive   http://www.ltar.org/forum/index.php?

action=dlattach;attach=85;type=avatar   JS/Iframe.EK trojan   connection terminated - quarantined   bustr-PC\bustr   

Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Skuzzy: Might be a False Positive from NOD32
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 07:47:08 AM »
Wow.... Have not seen Javascript ever used in an avatar or gif with a javascript type link attached

Did you by chance accidentally click on a link in someone's post or Sig ?

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
When the page resolved itself  and I started reading the first line of the OP, NOD32 popped up the warning and quarantined the trojan. The mouse was not sitting on any links.

The OP has no links in his sig. But, I didn't look at any of the respondants sigs or if they had active avatars.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »
I don't know if this is related, but I use Firefox and I noticed in the last couple of months, something called text enhanced.  In the forums, certain words are underlined, and when I mouse over them an add pops up.  This is annoying and I just haven't bothered to try and disable it yet.  Anyone else find something similar with Firefox or other browsers?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »
I don't know if this is related, but I use Firefox and I noticed in the last couple of months, something called text enhanced.  In the forums, certain words are underlined, and when I mouse over them an add pops up.  This is annoying and I just haven't bothered to try and disable it yet.  Anyone else find something similar with Firefox or other browsers?

That is a virus/worm/malware on your computer causing that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com