Author Topic: Daughter got her deer back  (Read 631 times)

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Daughter got her deer back
« on: June 22, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »
The taxi did a great job!

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: Daughter got her deer back
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »
VERY NICE !
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Sperky

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 04:41:20 PM »
 :aok  Congrats to her...

Does she rifle or bow hunt?
Taco Cat spelled backward is Taco Cat

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 04:43:33 PM »
Nice Buck. Do tell more? Where did she take him and with what?

Hunting teaches kids character. My boy took his first animal when he was 9yo http://youtu.be/YPThTw7-xH8

Congrats to you daughter for a fine animal.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »
Rifle for now.

She got it out near a place called Lipan, Texas with a 7mm-08 right at about 100 yds. She was shooting Remington's recoil-managed ammo. Dropped him DRT with a heart/lung shot. He was moving around a lot so she did a good job.

The rifle she is shooting is a Browning X-bolt Micro Midas with a Zeiss Conquest scope.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=023B&cid=035&tid=248&bg=x

Rich52, way to go! I remember the video of that Blesbok. Our dream is to take her back to Africa some day for a dedicated hunting safari. She already bagged an Impala in South Africa last year.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »
Way cool. Her future boy friends/ Husband will be very blessed to have a companion to share their fun with! U-Dah Mang!!  :old:  :salute My wife won't let me go fishing or camping without her.  :D
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 05:25:47 PM »
Browning's RULE !

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 05:37:38 PM »
Rifle for now.

She got it out near a place called Lipan, Texas with a 7mm-08 right at about 100 yds. She was shooting Remington's recoil-managed ammo. Dropped him DRT with a heart/lung shot. He was moving around a lot so she did a good job.

The rifle she is shooting is a Browning X-bolt Micro Midas with a Zeiss Conquest scope.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=023B&cid=035&tid=248&bg=x

Rich52, way to go! I remember the video of that Blesbok. Our dream is to take her back to Africa some day for a dedicated hunting safari. She already bagged an Impala in South Africa last year.

Outstanding. The "7's" Ive always loved but only owned a 7X57 once, a sporterized mauser i still kick myself for selling. The 7mm/08 is a great round to shoot. I own several Brownings and have no cause for complaint, and , she's lucky to have a daddy to buy her such fine glass for it. By all means take her to Africa for a 8 or 10 animal package some day. She already has the bug from being there once. Impala may very well be the most fun animal to stalk on foot Ive ever hunted. Heres my boys first.

Ive taken four, Heres my best. I forget what he measured out at but he definitely made book.

Im glad for your daughter. She took a fine Buck and the taxidermist did a great job.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »
Got to love a Browning . Mine has that Boss system on it just can't see it . I have no kid's so this is my pride and joy , 270 . I have never seen one jam . It just kills me seeing people buy these AK-15 and so on , what good are they ? Wast of money is what it is .

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 06:25:53 PM »
Great picture. Was that her first deer or just the first one worth mounting? Either way, great job there Dad.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 07:32:19 PM »
This is her first one to be mounted (of that quality).

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 08:16:32 PM »
Nice deer for a first :)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 04:56:41 AM »
LOL I showed that pic to my brother in law and he is jealous and happy for her.. all he got this year was a little 4 pointer. He says to tell her "show off"
 LOL I think he is more jealous than he says he is.

Great job young lady.. and I will remerto stay at your six when you are shooting

Lawndart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 08:16:04 AM »
 :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 08:27:09 PM »

Last Christmas my Dad gave me his Rem 700 BDL Featherweight 30.06 he's been killing deer with for over 50 years. It's still dead on.  :salute :old:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,