Author Topic: A-26 Invader aka B-26 Invader  (Read 4481 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: A-26 Invader aka B-26 Invader
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2015, 01:50:38 AM »
Not before the Beaufighter.  Less than a year of WW2 use in limited form for the A-26 with the USAAF

Five years combat in large numbers, flown by a number of Allied Air Forces in every theater of the war.  THE most glaring omission in the AH plane set.
Wise words  :old:
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »
Next vote should include SM-79, Beaufighter, and A-26 Invader. The first two will not do well in the MA though.
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2015, 07:05:02 PM »
If we do get the A-26 eventually, people are going to be shocked when they find out that, contrary to some opinions, it's not going to compete with fighters in A2A engagements.  It will not be like the over modeled A-26 from AW that could out turn Zekes.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 07:18:26 PM »
There's gonna be a 'next vote?'

Battleships and torps on destroyers.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2015, 07:22:38 PM »
If we do get the A-26 eventually, people are going to be shocked when they find out that, contrary to some opinions, it's not going to compete with fighters in A2A engagements.  It will not be like the over modeled A-26 from AW that could out turn Zekes.

*gasp*

Say it isn't so!

And after the A26, I want the Me410.  Wait'll I start dropping Spits with that monster!

...oh...wait...

- oldman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 11:51:25 PM »
Next vote should include SM-79, Beaufighter, and A-26 Invader. The first two will not do well in the MA though.

You don't know the Beau very well then :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2015, 12:47:51 AM »
Beaufighter.  It's been asked for years.  It is a glaring omission.  A26 end of the war.

Just the latest most greatest fastest most guns type of plane like the 410.  410 was voted in and it is seen in skies of AH rarely, if ever.

This is akin to fans voting for the all-star baseball players.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2015, 01:07:00 AM »
You don't know the Beau very well then :)

A26 will easily win any public poll. Big attack plane with lots of fifties flown from F3 mode and above all - american. I may replace dome A20 in the arena, but how much will depend on its modeling and the availability of F3 (it shouldn't have it, but it will).

The beau will not be a hangar queen, though not really popular either. 4 hispanos with lots of ammo, sturdy construction and good maneuverability, will make it an effective attacker. It may become a popular torpedo plane if this load out is allowed. Its greatest disadvantage vs. The A20 is that the Beau may be classified as attacker, roll out of the FH and have F3 disabled.

All these heavy attack planes should lose F3 - A20 included.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2015, 03:17:00 AM »

you mean like the a20 cant turn very well?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2015, 07:43:54 AM »
you mean like the a20 cant turn very well?

semp
Yes.  Wing loading on the A-26 was very high by WWII standards.  Similar to the Me410's wing loading as I recall.  Very much higher than the wing loading on the A-20, Beaufighter, Bf110, J1N1, Ju88C or G, Ki-45, Ki-102, Mosquitoes, P-38s or Whirlwind.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2015, 07:56:30 AM »
If it goes to a poll; the A-26 would win only because its a late war with lots of guns 'n bombs same as the Me-410.

Honestly would like to see more Japanese/Italian/Beaufighter first.

JG 52

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2015, 12:37:50 PM »
The thing is, with so many variants that served throughout the war, which Beaufighter would we get?  This is one aircraft I believe should have at LEAST 2 variants.  One for EW, another that can gap MW and LW.  Though I think it would best to have 3 variants that covers well EW, MW, and LW. :)

I would rather see the Ki-45 and the Hs-129 before the A-26. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2015, 12:54:20 PM »
The thing is, with so many variants that served throughout the war, which Beaufighter would we get?  This is one aircraft I believe should have at LEAST 2 variants.  One for EW, another that can gap MW and LW.  Though I think it would best to have 3 variants that covers well EW, MW, and LW. :)

I would rather see the Ki-45 and the Hs-129 before the A-26. :)

There are two variants that fit the game.   The Beaufighter VI and the T Mk X.  The first is the version that was more of the attack fighter and the second was the Torbeau that did the torpedo attacks. 

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2015, 01:22:34 PM »
+1, A26 and Beau.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2015, 02:00:39 PM »
There are two variants that fit the game.   The Beaufighter VI and the T Mk X.  The first is the version that was more of the attack fighter and the second was the Torbeau that did the torpedo attacks.
Yes, we need the models with attack capabilities - the night fighters will not be very useful to either arena or scenarios.
Also, we need the models with Hercules engines! The Merlin versions are nice and all, but a Beau without the signature Hercules is just... just.. wrong!

So, as Guppy suggested, this means the VI and X variants. The latter with the stronger engines and torpedos will find use in the MA.

:old: