Author Topic: Money is green, so everything green is money...  (Read 579 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Money is green, so everything green is money...
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:58:58 AM »

Pavlov studied the power of associative properties on the mind. Associative properties can be tricky problematic things. Of course everything green is not money and most of us have learned not try to purchace a Whopper value meal with a hanky full of nasal discharge. But logic in not all powerful when it comes to the associative properties of HOTAS VOX OPERATION for example. When you want to speak you have to push the button so naturally your brain gets trained to associate pushing the button with speaking.

If you're like me, there are situations when you speak to yourself, but due to associative properties of HOTAS VOX OPERATION they become speaking to everyone. Ring the bell and I salivate. Speak and I push the button.

Hence, "farggin' balony!" = button push.

really I don't mean to communicate all my woes....

Pavlov makes me do it.

:salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Money is green, so everything green is money...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 09:05:09 AM »
 :rofl

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:41 AM »
Pavlov studied the power of associative properties on the mind. Associative properties can be tricky problematic things. Of course everything green is not money and most of us have learned not try to purchace a Whopper value meal with a hanky full of nasal discharge. But logic in not all powerful when it comes to the associative properties of HOTAS VOX OPERATION for example. When you want to speak you have to push the button so naturally your brain gets trained to associate pushing the button with speaking.

If you're like me, there are situations when you speak to yourself, but due to associative properties of HOTAS VOX OPERATION they become speaking to everyone. Ring the bell and I salivate. Speak and I push the button.

Hence, "farggin' balony!" = button push.

really I don't mean to communicate all my woes....

Pavlov makes me do it.

:salute

:huh

This post had been moved to O'Club

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:12:15 AM »
:huh

This post had been moved to O'Club

If this one needs to be moved, I can point to well more than a dozen of your posts that should be. This has to do with vox that isn't a change, there by making it not wishlist worthy, so it's legit. You're name return? That's more O'Club than this. Actually, maybe you should go under the AH classifieds and try to BUY you're name back. I mean, that's going to bring you more success than here anyway. Let me help.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,516.0.html

Pavlov makes me do it.

Yep, I've done this a few times. Luckily only slightly embarrassing thus far.  :D
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 09:17:01 AM »
If this one needs to be moved, I can point to well more than a dozen of your posts that should be. This has to do with vox that isn't a change, there by making it not wishlist worthy, so it's legit. You're name return? That's more O'Club than this. Actually, maybe you should go under the AH classifieds and try to BUY you're name back. I mean, that's going to bring you more success than here anyway. Let me help.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,516.0.html

Yep, I've done this a few times. Luckily only slightly embarrassing thus far.  :D

You are correct, Sir... All the gibberish speak in said post went over my head and confused me, but upon 5th reading, I see I was incorrect.  Sorry, Vinky.  Forgive? :pray

Btw, it was the reference to "hanky full of nasal discharge" as money for purchasing a hamburger that most sent me off the rails.   :angel:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:36:30 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
I find that the chances that I will unconsciously hold down my transmit key are directly proportionate to how loud and/or vulgar my outburst is about to be.  :furious

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 11:53:25 AM »
I find that the chances that I will unconsciously hold down my transmit key are directly proportionate to how loud and/or vulgar my outburst is about to be.  :furious

:aok
Who is John Galt?