Author Topic: Sorry but what do I do first?  (Read 2138 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Sorry but what do I do first?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 04:20:32 PM »
Here are some more training video clips. I once used these to train an entire Boy Scout Troop. They are focused on absolute beginners:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Training/AcesHighTrainingByPeabodyPage01Full.htm

There are 30 separate clips in several pages accessible through that link.

I hope this helps, and welcome to your new addiction!
 :salute
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:32:00 PM by bbosen »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
What do I do first?  In case of emergency put your head between your knees...   :D
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline nate617

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 03:43:49 PM »
I'm getting there now, thanks to everyone. TomG taught me some pretty cool moves in the TA which was a great help. Sorting my cockpit so I could see all around has totally changed the game!!

One question, how do I stop my wife getting mad when I'm doing a two hour bomb run?

Nate617

Offline jd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »
Auto Pilot  :aok :aok

Current: Slipstrm

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 11:13:31 PM »
The best counter to the lethality of wife ack is to dispense chaff $$$$$.

This works for a while, until the money runs out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »
The best counter to the lethality of wife ack is to dispense chaff $$$$$.

This works for a while, until the money runs out.

My experience found breakfast in bed and desert in the evening good too.   :)

:old: :airplane: :joystick:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 11:40:51 AM »
One question, how do I stop my wife getting mad when I'm doing a two hour bomb run?

Nate617

Every time and I mean every time she interrupts, drop everything, pick her up in your arms, tell her you love her, then show her how much.   After the third time or so, she won’t interrupt.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
      • 3-in-1: Lathe_Mill_Drill (metal machine shop)
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 11:25:18 AM »
I'm getting there now, thanks to everyone. TomG taught me some pretty cool moves in the TA which was a great help. Sorting my cockpit so I could see all around has totally changed the game!!

Nate617

Traveler has got it right.

and

Makeup $$x...  LOL  (That was on a "Love American Style" tv episode back in the 1970's.)

Find her a hobby like knitting.  Let her join a local knitting group.  With any luck she will be gone on a Saturday all day to her knitting retreat and you at home to play Aces High or whatever.  Once a month she goes with her girlfriends for a 3 day retreat to some hotel or spa.  Once-in-awhile I will tag along to a good hotel or cruise and bring along my laptop.

I've been married almost 40 years to the same girlfriend.  I think her being mad is something that is a given.  With the divorce rates what they are, I think most relationships are rocky.  They do this because they like makeup gifts, take your pick: dinner out, movies, CHOCOLATE, jewelry, perfume---except she might think you are telling her she stinks, etc.  LOL   Wait until "M", if you think she gets mad now...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:27:11 AM by Buckaroo »

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »

Nate617

He's ALIVE!

Answer: mission planning around known enemy flak instalations helps.  IE: autoclimbing with enough fuel from a far enough base while you eat dinner.  Check in before doing dishes, maybe you DCed or went slightly off-cource.  Rack up enough perks, and a good B29 sortie on a large enough map will buy you enough time on climbout to smoke your dinner and enjoy drinks on the patio with the misses.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.