Author Topic: The Type Of Game Play  (Read 2051 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Type Of Game Play
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »
<Salute> L.T.A.R.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »
 :salute Kilz and LTAR, much deserved respect from me bro.  I fear that much of what has become of the old style of play has been replaced by the NOE mission base roll (just my honest opinion).

Offline LTARadio

• Zinc Member
      • Lead To Air Ratio
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 12:55:41 PM »
 :salute LTARkilz How have you been over the years? How's LTARmoil, LTARifle and LTARaptr. I know personnal issues came down hard.
Swift....Silent....Deadly

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »
:salute LTARkilz How have you been over the years? How's LTARmoil, LTARifle and LTARaptr. I know personnal issues came down hard.

moil is retired and last i heard from him was about 6 months ago he has yet to return any calls or emails.

Rifle and Raptr went over to the 125th some time ago look them up i believe they have a forum. their CO is SWrokit he was formally known as LTARokit
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
 :cry
sorry to hear LTAR
 :salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »
Good luck down the road LTARs!

:salute
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »
 :salute LTAR 

As someone who enjoys a good cartoon tank fight, this was the squad to run into back in the day. I remember attacking v-bases and hearing the crys come out " Theres a damn Ltar-d down there in his ostiwind". :uhoh  Other nights checking out a flashing town(old box style). Finding 5-8 Ltar-mongorians taring down  my city whall! Good times!

With the remods of tanks and towns, stupid hills and wheelcarts flippin your cartoon box tank over. People sitting behind spawns to manipulate there score. 10 enemy tanks firing at you as you spawn in to the one good existing tank spawn on your side of the map.30 minute drive to an enemy field/town *Rant over*

It's good to have known that there was a dedicated  tanker squad that was willing to attack ,or defend you for a base. Doing what they liked to do best and pissing people off in the process.

Cheers to you LTARS :cheers:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 05:28:36 PM »
The LTARs is what the game needs to stop the hordez!  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 07:06:38 PM »
LTAR will always be remembered.

:salute  :cheers:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
Ltars were always fun to fight and fight with  :salute :salute :salute
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »
I haven't subscribed for a while, but can tell you that the LTARS rocked.

Each and every time time I came across an LTAR in game I said the same thing..."EEK! An LTAR!"

Great bunch.

How about you don't totally disband, just keep the name alive, ...more will come of that I am sure.

Class act squad from top to bottom.

<S>

Oh, and I will be back, and I hope there is an LTAR or two left to fight with.

RTR
The Damned

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 11:31:50 PM »
Back in the day when LTAR were a Bish squad I don't ever remember them in anything other than Ostis and always on base defense.  That's why the name was LTAR (Lead To Air Ratio for the uninformed).  I remember many a day sitting with them in my own Osti. 

IIRC at some point in time they decided to switch countries and that was the beginning of the end.  It was too bad because they were and will remain legends in the game.

No offense Kilz but anything other than the Osti base defensive roll as a Bish squad wouldn't have properly upheld the legend that the original guys built.   :salute to LTAR.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 11:45:46 PM »
I can remember the long hard fought battles between the LTAR's and Ace's & 8's. Man those were some great battles, too bad there are no more like that. <S> LTAR's!!!
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 12:03:42 AM »
Just in case should the LTAR's rise from the ranks of lost squadrons, we'll leave a light on.  :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 08:23:37 AM »
I can remember the long hard fought battles between the LTAR's and Ace's & 8's. Man those were some great battles, too bad there are no more like that. <S> LTAR's!!!

....and that's is the biggest problem with the game now, people just want to grab as many bases as quickly as they can. If you ran into an LTAR covered base you knew you were in for a fight. Today, the attackers would just leave and try to sneak in some place else. Taking a base the LTARs covered was a challenge. Even if it took you all night to win it, it was better than "wining the war" because you earned it.

I hope we see the LTARs come back some day, as well as that type of game play. <S> LTARs