Author Topic: The Type Of Game Play  (Read 2053 times)

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
Re: The Type Of Game Play
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 09:55:19 AM »

....and that's is the biggest problem with the game now, people just want to grab as many bases as quickly as they can. If you ran into an LTAR covered base you knew you were in for a fight. Today, the attackers would just leave and try to sneak in some place else. Taking a base the LTARs covered was a challenge. Even if it took you all night to win it, it was better than "wining the war" because you earned it.

I hope we see the LTARs come back some day, as well as that type of game play. <S> LTARs

There are no telling how many battles we had agains the LTAR's. I can remember a few nights where we spent the better part of 3 to 4 hours trying to grab that base, even with the help of other squads. They had other squads help, and it was a straight up slug fest. Nothing will be like it was back then, when real men battled it out instead of little girls running lemonade stands finding undefended bases......
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »

....and that's is the biggest problem with the game now, people just want to grab as many bases as quickly as they can. If you ran into an LTAR covered base you knew you were in for a fight. Today, the attackers would just leave and try to sneak in some place else. Taking a base the LTARs covered was a challenge. Even if it took you all night to win it, it was better than "wining the war" because you earned it.

I hope we see the LTARs come back some day, as well as that type of game play. <S> LTARs

qft

Lambo
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline vTM

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 01:52:30 PM »
Of all the Ground pounders the LTAR's were the best. The finest fights i ever had were against this group of tankers. AH is diminished now that they as a squad are gone. Fairwell <S>
vTAXMAN

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »
Back in the day when LTAR were a Bish squad I don't ever remember them in anything other than Ostis and always on base defense.  That's why the name was LTAR (Lead To Air Ratio for the uninformed).  I remember many a day sitting with them in my own Osti. 

IIRC at some point in time they decided to switch countries and that was the beginning of the end.  It was too bad because they were and will remain legends in the game.

No offense Kilz but anything other than the Osti base defensive roll as a Bish squad wouldn't have properly upheld the legend that the original guys built.   :salute to LTAR.

none taking bro

only thing i would like to point out is i was an original LTAR. i was not there since day one but i was there when we were still knights before ever switching countries. Bish was the first move ever for LTAR
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
Back in the day when LTAR were a Bish squad I don't ever remember them in anything other than Ostis and always on base defense.  That's why the name was LTAR (Lead To Air Ratio for the uninformed).  I remember many a day sitting with them in my own Osti. 

IIRC at some point in time they decided to switch countries and that was the beginning of the end.  It was too bad because they were and will remain legends in the game.

No offense Kilz but anything other than the Osti base defensive roll as a Bish squad wouldn't have properly upheld the legend that the original guys built.   :salute to LTAR.

Wasn't the beginning of the end, I was determined to make sure LTAR wasn't considered to be a "Chess Piece".  ONLY a Bish Squad, ONLY a Knit squad........I wanted the squad to be known from ALL aspects, Nite, Rook, Bish.  Respect from all.
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 07:22:24 AM »
Wasn't the beginning of the end, I was determined to make sure LTAR wasn't considered to be a "Chess Piece".  ONLY a Bish Squad, ONLY a Knit squad........I wanted the squad to be known from ALL aspects, Nite, Rook, Bish.  Respect from all.

:aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 07:47:58 AM »
:cry one could have thought that with the GV changes the GV squads might be more popular
when a hedge stops a round or a tank or a twig tips one over there is no ground game.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 10:52:58 AM »

I can only say it seemed that way from my perspective.  Once you guys moved I heard less and less about you.  In fact after a while I kept wondering what happened to the LTARs.

I can accept the chess piece argument but IMO all sides knew who you were and you already had the respect of everyone in the game.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 11:03:07 AM »
when real men battled it out instead of little girls running lemonade stands finding undefended bases......
:salute LTAR's

A little 7 year old girl got gunned down running her lemonade stand... for real, it's in the news!   :rolleyes:
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline jeb

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2012, 12:07:07 PM »
It was an honor serving as an LTAR with you kilz. I never, ever thought i'd end up an LTAR...we spent alot of years killing each other. I'll call ya later bro.

S! LTARjeb--->back to just "jeb"
 :cheers:
"I think I felt It Move! Go ahead, touch it..you know you wanna."

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012, 12:52:38 PM »
 :salute LTARs I have been on and off for about 4 years now and all I can say is you all were one hell of squad
<S> from Eric19
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2012, 09:28:10 PM »
 :salute L.T.A.R. ,
        I'm sure i don't need to remind you how many times the Hells Angels and the L.T.A.R.s squared off, I can remember sitting in my seat wellllll past my work night bedtime just because "it's the LTARs". Those indeed, were the golden days! With the utmost respect from the Hells Angels, both past and present,, we <<SALUTE>> you!     
                                                              :salute :angel: :salute

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 01:12:28 AM »
:salute L.T.A.R. ,
        I'm sure i don't need to remind you how many times the Hells Angels and the L.T.A.R.s squared off, I can remember sitting in my seat wellllll past my work night bedtime just because "it's the LTARs". Those indeed, were the golden days! With the utmost respect from the Hells Angels, both past and present,, we <<SALUTE>> you!     
                                                              :salute :angel: :salute

those where sleepless nights ahhhhhhhh yes the golden days in deed bud

i can remember shouting OW CRAP i gotta go to bed next thing i knew i was logging off in time to jump in my truck to make it to work on time  :x

:cheers: Coronado fun times back then
Former LTARkilz

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »
Sorry to hear of this Kilz, I know you wanted to keep the L.T.A.R torch going. 

Feel free to look me up if you are around.  Flying as AKMeathd these days, Nit this tour I think...

:salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 02:46:06 PM »
Just in case should the LTAR's rise from the ranks of lost squadrons, we'll leave a light on.  :)

Careful... your so close to a motel 6 violation. :p
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)