Author Topic: How Chuwie ruined the game today  (Read 10516 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: How Chuwie ruined the game today
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »
I still havent come across a month where I felt like I was cheated out of $16.95 worth of fun because of the way others play the game.

5 years now, and could not agree with you more Shifty! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2012, 11:41:47 AM »
Who cares....people pay thier money and play the way they want.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 11:49:42 AM »
Some folks will never learn this.  :aok
True. Im one of those  :lol   see the other topic.
Btw did not meant to offend anyone, but still... some folks may remember when the KN tryed to take a base. 6 of us (a sdkfz251, a panzer4, 2 ju88s and 2 190F8s) the took a small airfield defended by 3 or 4 cons. But 60...  sheesh! Those folks could not drop anything if they werent in the first 10 arrivers, couldnt see an enemy... "all the hangars are down... -wtg,wtg,wtg..." from tons of those who werent doing anything else but playing the cannon fodders role. Its not whine, those missions are the 262 pilots sweetest dreams (lotsa "zombies" just flying straight without a defensive move... huh!), i dont care about bases or the war won, just cant understand why is that good. I got an own mind, i like to follow my own way and i surely wouldnt complete orders or be a cannon fodder.

Btw 262s. Some folks called me a dweeb/retard/skill-less newb for flying that aircraft. Sirs! In a g6 i cant reach anything against a horde (see JimmyC's pic above, lol!), also i dont like being double teamed by ponies til i run outta fuel. My skill level is too low to win a 80v5 in an eny30 aircraft, i need something more potent, more EZ mode to find success. I cant do anything against it, im sorry.
AoM
City of ice

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »
Its only ok to horde if the other countrys doing it :headscratch:
all three counrtys do so quit  :cry its part of the game
weather its good game play or not its here.

...but if it continues and grows to become the ONLY part of the game, how long will the game last? The only reason WOW, and COD and other games that strive on doing the same boring "clicks of a mouse" thing over and over again only stay in business because they have a new "expansion" they come out with every 6 months. If they didn't people would get bored and move on to something else. Can a new plane be called an expansion? I don't know, but if thats all that I have to look forward too I don't think it would keep me here long. Look at the folks that are looking for the next new plane a week after the new plane is launched!

QFT, there's nothing anybody can do about how others play the game. The BBS whining and posing is just as annoying as all the behaviors people complain about. Hoardes HOtards Runstangs Run190s Spitdweebs or any other behavior you can name is always going to be there. I still havent come across a month where I felt like I was cheated out of $16.95 worth of fun because of the way others play the game.

But you can ignore the crap on the boards, it's kinda hard to ignore the "hordes" when it's becoming the only game in town.

Who cares....people pay thier money and play the way they want.

So if you paid $100 to go to a concert to listen to your favorite singer sing and when the show starts you can't hear the singing because everyone was singing.....off key.... so loud you couldn't hear the singer would you be ok with that? After all they paid their money to do what they wanted too.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
So if you paid $100 to go to a concert to listen to your favorite singer sing and when the show starts you can't hear the singing because everyone was singing.....off key.... so loud you couldn't hear the singer would you be ok with that? After all they paid their money to do what they wanted too.

Bingo.

JG 52

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »
Under the same logic, if I wanted to go to said concert and be immersed by the sounds of everyone singing at the top of their.....off key.... lungs, yet you refuse to sing while standing next to me, you would ruin MY experience...

So much QQ.  Just play the friggin game.  How many times do people get on here and complain about a certain country apparently having a WELL developed astronaut program.  I come in at 18k, some random crackhead is in a 190 at 24...  I don't get on here and complain about my inability to get into ANY fights in this game without some alt monkey coming by and killing it...  QQ

QQ,  QQ.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 03:48:25 PM »

Seriously Fugi, that example has nothing to do with an on-line game where you can move to another base with the click of a mouse. I'm not defending the hoardes but they are never everywhere on the map at once.   ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 03:53:44 PM »
Seriously Fugi, that example has nothing to do with an on-line game where you can move to another base with the click of a mouse. I'm not defending the hoardes but they are never everywhere on the map at once.   ;)

So you fly around in circles for 30 minutes?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
So you fly around in circles for 30 minutes?

No but you seem to be typing in circles, or do you have some point to make?

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 04:21:19 PM »
Fugitive,  I agree with you wholeheartedly.  A generation of players simply don't know or like any other way of doing things.  For my part, I rarely tote 1,000 lbers anymore.  500's and 100's most often.  I'm hoping that from time to time I'll have 8 of the 11 ack down at a small airfield prior to the horde's arrival, and fun might be reborn versus the mind numbing routine of reflexively busting hangars.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »
No but you seem to be typing in circles, or do you have some point to make?

1. Hordes are stupid, and there is almost no chance of stopping one because there are too many.
2. Now you either try to get as many kills in a horde as possible before you get swarmed/RTB, or you go elsewhere.

Problem: Where do you go?
Horde attracts every single person on the opposite team due to how easy it is to just gang some one and get a kill. And it isn't rare to see both fronts with one giant horde. So my question stands, do you fly around in circles for 30 minutes looking at green and blue? Or do you jump into the horde and get swarmed after 10 kills that seems like you were shooting at offline drones? And I'm not joking about the part where I said "offline drones". I have films, and many others have witnessed it, how these lemmings fly right into a base, disregarding all the planes shooting at him, only to either die or bomb whatever it is they wanted to bomb because they got through the defense. You get on these guy's 6 and they don't even flinch, don't move, don't do anything. First time I saw it, I thought they were AFK, followed one around and turns out he wasn't when he flew right over the town and bombed it/augered into it 2 seconds later. Literally mindless drones.

Now there are a few times when a decent furball gets going, especially on maps with a tank town, and you can actually find opponents who wants to fight you (most just HO/ram/run but that's a different story). Then of course, after an hour or so, a couple of lemmings run in and bomb out the FHs and take the base. Furball dies out and we're back to either flying in circles for 30 minutes or shooting at drones.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »
1. Hordes are stupid, and there is almost no chance of stopping one because there are too many.
2. Now you either try to get as many kills in a horde as possible before you get swarmed/RTB, or you go elsewhere.

Problem: Where do you go?
Horde attracts every single person on the opposite team due to how easy it is to just gang some one and get a kill. And it isn't rare to see both fronts with one giant horde. So my question stands, do you fly around in circles for 30 minutes looking at green and blue? Or do you jump into the horde and get swarmed after 10 kills that seems like you were shooting at offline drones? And I'm not joking about the part where I said "offline drones". I have films, and many others have witnessed it, how these lemmings fly right into a base, disregarding all the planes shooting at him, only to either die or bomb whatever it is they wanted to bomb because they got through the defense. You get on these guy's 6 and they don't even flinch, don't move, don't do anything. First time I saw it, I thought they were AFK, followed one around and turns out he wasn't when he flew right over the town and bombed it/augered into it 2 seconds later. Literally mindless drones.

:lol Can't argue with you there I've seen the same thing. I guess it just annoys some more than others. The hoardes annoy me as well I just choose to move away from them if there's no help in fighting them to cut down on the frustration.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
It hurts to say this, there is too many lancs!!! If I had a jet I would be pissed knowing I couldn't kill them all.  :uhoh
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
 Sad to see what this game has turned into as acceptable game play.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »
5 years now, and could not agree with you more Shifty! :aok

Waystin you are a peculiar kind of insanity and have infected your followers.

You logon, count piggy noses, and check the map for the bigggest red dar you can get at. Then you announce a feild and runway heading with, bring your favorite hoard killer. And all the good littel piggys up behind you to go munch on a helpless hoard of red guys. Or you are always picking fights with hoards so we piggys can be alone with them by having us smash all of their toys away from our hoards of green guys. This always gets us a hoard of uppers to fight with. 12 versus 30 is good numbers if you are one of the 12 piggys. Or you have a 9th piggy sense and always know which field to up from just before the NOE drops the helpless hoard in our laps.

Piggys always seem to have someone trying to shoot our collective bums which turns them into targets of opportunity. So Waystin....you have any problem finding or picking fights in the MA?? Even at 25k lately.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.