Author Topic: Make take town fields unable to be captured  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Make take town fields unable to be captured
« on: July 01, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
Some maps that have tank town, make these fields unable to be captured, hordes can swarm other bases, but those looking for a fight can always find one.

The fields that have one Vbase both change so they cannot be captured, ones with more then one vbase - only the vbase closest to the field and the AF becomes uncapturable.

Allows those who want to fight a chance to fight, and the horde can simply pick a few other bases rather then ruin it for rest of us.
JG 52

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Make take town fields unable to be captured
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »
Why not just defend the tank town fields rather than crying about the big bad horde?

They are so bad at bombing and CAP it doesn't take much effort to stall them for a bit, and they will usually go look for somewhere undefended instead if the first zerg rush fails
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »
Some maps that have tank town, make these fields unable to be captured, hordes can swarm other bases, but those looking for a fight can always find one.

The fields that have one Vbase both change so they cannot be captured, ones with more then one vbase - only the vbase closest to the field and the AF becomes uncapturable.

Allows those who want to fight a chance to fight, and the horde can simply pick a few other bases rather then ruin it for rest of us.

good idea...had that for awhile, but dont think HTC will do it....

Why not just defend the tank town fields rather than crying about the big bad horde?

They are so bad at bombing and CAP it doesn't take much effort to stall them for a bit, and they will usually go look for somewhere undefended instead if the first zerg rush fails

you make it sound so easy..... :rolleyes:

they come in the masses it is impossible to stop them no matter how suky they are, and that's why they come at ya 40 or more....cant do it with skill they do it with numbers....the ones at TT want to fight not fly cap over a field waiting for gangs of tards coming in.

if you take offense at what I am saying......sorry....

wait...........no I am not.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »
I have some experience with hoards I have seen that most of them crash (these are only my experiences)
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »
the ones at TT want to fight not fly cap over a field waiting for gangs of tards coming in.

if you're not willing to get a high CAP to at least try to protect the field from incoming attackers then you can't complain when they take it from you

if you take offense at what I am saying......sorry....

wait...........no I am not.

there is nothing in your post to take offense at  :huh 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:40:16 PM by coombz »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 06:41:56 PM »
if you're not willing to get a high CAP to at least try to protect the field from incoming attackers then you can't complain when they take it from you

the ones taking TT fields are doing it just to ruin the fights there, I have heard them say it myself..."they are not fighting the war lets ruin the fights at TT" it is one of the lamest things one can do in AH.....

and yes we can discuss what ever the heck we want as long as we don't break the rules....so talking about very lame game play is quit acceptable  :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 06:47:46 PM »

yesterday, the Bish horde NOE the airfield of TT island. No warning because those in TT were ....tanking. Once dar flashed it was over in minutes with the 40+ crushing the airfield. Once the airfield was taken the only way to bring in air support was from a sector away, while if the tankers tried to drive all the way to the airfield (there are no spawns to it) they were sitting ducks to the Bishs air support. Bish grabbed it because it was an easy NOE...over water. and it added to the "count" for them to win the war.

Again, they don't care about the fun other people were having. All that was important was the "fun" they were having and them rolling another base for the win the war count.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »
yesterday, the Bish horde NOE the airfield of TT island. No warning because those in TT were ....tanking. Once dar flashed it was over in minutes with the 40+ crushing the airfield. Once the airfield was taken the only way to bring in air support was from a sector away, while if the tankers tried to drive all the way to the airfield (there are no spawns to it) they were sitting ducks to the Bishs air support. Bish grabbed it because it was an easy NOE...over water. and it added to the "count" for them to win the war.

Again, they don't care about the fun other people were having. All that was important was the "fun" they were having and them rolling another base for the win the war count.

Exactly, making these bases unable to be captured makes perfect sense, those who LOOK for a fight can get one, hordes can simply choose another base to roll.

Those looking for a fight can get their fight, horde can still win the WAR! rolling some other v-base with 60.
JG 52

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »
Why don't you distill this down to it's nanniest simplicity?

Hitech:

Wish 1.0: The Affrodable Fairness Combat for All Wish.

I wish that you would impliment the requirment that no player can target a mission against any feild or map region without first assertaining if a furball or tank battle is in progress. Or if the taking of that region will impose any personal Fun Hardship" or "Unfairness Hardship" upon the player(s) in that region. Then a mandantory contacting of a sufficient number of the participents from both sides or targeted region to be granted by a concensus of voted permission to begin disruptive operations.

Punitive actions for non-compliance at HTC discretion up to ejection from the arena if warrented.

Wish 1.1: The Affrodable Fairness Combat for All Wish. "CV Provision"

A subset wish of this is that any bomber pilot who targets a CV for sinking must first contact the two forces in opposition for a consensus voted permission before begining operations.

Punitive actions for non-compliance at HTC discretion up to ejection from the arena if warrented.

Comment:

At this point Hitech will have to pay 24x7 moderators to waste their time playing "Big Brother" to monitor for infractions. I suspect "legaly" a non-employee cannot eject a paying customer from the Main General Play arenas. But, then it would cost more in Civil Court to adjuticate over $14.95 then it's worth. And since this has come down to nannism to force acceptable conduct. You are going to need a really serious penalty for the moderators to "Punish" any failure to comply. WoW sounds like the "Affordable Health Care Act" punishment Fine for non-activity non-compliance err, Tax......

If Hitech agrees to this. In effect you are forcing any player who disagrees with your "Fun Needs" to pay $14.95 to subsidise only your idea of fun as unwilling particapants while devaluing their $14.95 and "Fun Needs". Effectivly anyone not in agreement with you is paying $14.95 up front to login to the MA as a front loaded punishment tax for having a different vision of your "Fun Game Play".

This game hasen't realy changed over the years. Only your perceptions of other players and tollerance levels to them finding enjoyment by specificly denying you your fun in a free for all arena based on that aspect of human nature. Michael Bloomburg would be proud of you guys though if you could convince Hitech to chage the MA into a Nanny State and you the architects of a Bright New Fair Future for all of HTC's paying customers. What next after that? 150 perks per 1000lb bomb to make it harder to roll bases.......
------------------------------

Fairness is a never ending self annointment whether the masses understand how much they need it or not in the name of equality of outcomes and social justice.

Meritocracy is taking your chances on how good you personaly are or your ability to presuade others to join in to achive a common goal that will reward each based on their personal efforts.

The MA sounds like a meritocracy with some unhappy fairness orthodoxians lobbying Hitech to kill his golden goose in the name of social justice err..... their personal sensabilities.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 09:41:51 PM »
I hate to say it bustr....but never have I seen someone write so much yet say nothing.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 10:23:10 PM »
I hate to say it bustr....but never have I seen someone write so much yet say nothing.

He's trying to be midway v2.0 and fails horribly at it.
JG 52

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »
bustr consistently confuses verbosity with intelligence, and, as you both pointed out, fails miserably
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:49:20 PM by coombz »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 11:19:43 PM »
bustr consistently confuses verbosity with intelligence, and, as you both pointed out, fails miserably

Bustr does have a valid point in a sense, he believes my wish of locking down "Tank/fighter town" is an attempt to alter game play simply because I don't agree with what other people do with their $15, frankly I careless of what other players do - my wish has to do with allowing players to find a fight 24/7.

It doesn't perk bombs or change game play what so ever.
JG 52

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 11:38:48 PM »

What does Zerg mean?
Pies not kicks.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 11:53:33 PM »
What does Zerg mean?

Zerg was a race in Starcraft (game) that used large numbers of weak units to overwhelm to win, just think of the Russian Army during WW2.

10vs1 is going to win every time.
JG 52