Author Topic: Make take town fields unable to be captured  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Make take town fields unable to be captured
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 01:15:44 AM »
No. Sorry. Mud is only part of the game and shouldnt be excluded from captures. Next you will want bombs to not count when they get dropped on your head.

I logged into the game today at about 2pm my time. Rooks were trying to take a vehicle field of ours at that time so I went over and killed their bombers. After repeating that I went on to pork ords and dars. After about six hours the horde finally took the base. It did take more than three sector bars worth of airplanes to do it but they also pushed on to take three more bases beyond that.

The problem isnt the horde and it isnt that you cant get defenders. The problem is that not enough people know how to succeed at porking bases and not enough do it.

Thats how I see it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »

The problem isnt the horde and it isnt that you cant get defenders. The problem is that not enough people know how to succeed at porking bases and not enough do it.

Thats how I see it.

Porking requires proactive action on behalf of those who do not want to be "horded".

Truth is IMO its not that they dont know this tactic/strategm its more that they cant be bothered to implement it.

There are instances all over the arenas of players or groups of players doing their local thing hoping that other stuff of the arena will leave them alone......

folk having their own little tank battles begrudging others bombing them......
folk having their own little dog fights begrudging others bombing the hangers or cv or  capturing their field or hording the fight.

fact is the focal point of the arenas (that brings sides into conflict)  is land grab.......... it is the "war" setting. The point of conflict should move, which means it will change.

Hordes are enabled because bases have infinite resources to launch as many aircraft with as much ordinance as they require provided they have hangers and ammo dumps.

To limit hordes either we have to pork their fields  or HTC has to make them not quite so infinite in capacity
Ludere Vincere

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 10:05:56 AM »
Porking requires proactive action on behalf of those who do not want to be "horded".

Truth is IMO its not that they dont know this tactic/strategm its more that they cant be bothered to implement it.

There are instances all over the arenas of players or groups of players doing their local thing hoping that other stuff of the arena will leave them alone......

folk having their own little tank battles begrudging others bombing them......
folk having their own little dog fights begrudging others bombing the hangers or cv or  capturing their field or hording the fight.

fact is the focal point of the arenas (that brings sides into conflict)  is land grab.......... it is the "war" setting. The point of conflict should move, which means it will change.

Hordes are enabled because bases have infinite resources to launch as many aircraft with as much ordinance as they require provided they have hangers and ammo dumps.

To limit hordes either we have to pork their fields  or HTC has to make them not quite so infinite in capacity

all this time here and you are ignorant of the fact that the war was implemented to promote COMBAT.....the FOCAL point of the arena's........ ALL arena's....everything in AH is about COMBAT........... virtual COMBAT.......using WW2 equipment... wouldn't think someone with your history here would even question that..... let alone....put out a completely wrong statement.

hordes are here because people need to "win" and cant do it without overwhelming odds...no matter what it is they are doing in game...and then have to come up with excuses why its okay to attack a base with 60+ or gang 1 con with 10 or more guys..... :rolleyes:

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »
Every map has some sort of Tank Town or Fighter town, why not make these unable to be captured so it exists for what it is - a place to find fights for those who look for it rather then horde?

Not everyone land grabs, not everyone hordes - Its not changing the rules of gameplay what so ever.
JG 52

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:15 AM »
Every map has some sort of Tank Town or Fighter town, why not make these unable to be captured so it exists for what it is - a place to find fights for those who look for it rather then horde?

Not everyone land grabs, not everyone hordes - Its not changing the rules of gameplay what so ever.

but...but....that would not be fair to the war guys they want EVERYONE to fight for land :rolleyes:

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 10:25:53 AM »
but...but....that would not be fair to the war guys they want EVERYONE to fight for land :rolleyes:

They can fight for land, still 20 other bases around fighter town they can take, on some maps fighter town is already locked down so you can't take it.

The Horder's can still horde all they want, they simply have to choose the OTHER 20 bases on the map to choose from.

JG 52

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 10:26:03 AM »

Not every map, and the ones that don't suck.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 10:29:05 AM »
They can fight for land, still 20 other bases around fighter town they can take, on some maps fighter town is already locked down so you can't take it.

The Horder's can still horde all they want, they simply have to choose the OTHER 20 bases on the map to choose from.

I know :D

although I remember reading HTC said they would not do that because he don't want to cause a separation between players....or something like that

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »
rather then ruin it for rest of us.

This leaves me unmoved.  Don't capture a field, you'll ruin our fun.  Don't take out our ord, you'll ruin our fun.  Don't win the war, you'll ruin two country's fun.  Don't shoot me down, you'll ruin my fun.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 10:29:42 AM »
He's trying to be midway v2.0 and fails horribly at it.

No comparison.  Bustr actually has some depth to his thoughts and is not near as concerned about his post count.

As far as the OP's idea, it matters little to me.  I'll fight the red guys wherever they are and not complain.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »
I know :D

although I remember reading HTC said they would not do that because he don't want to cause a separation between players....or something like that

There already is a separation of players, its either Horde or anti Horde.
JG 52

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 10:33:04 AM »
There already is a separation of players, its either Horde or anti Horde.

yup :aok

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 06:38:47 PM »
Actually it would only change the gameplay on TT Island. More for some people that would rather furball, tank, and or have more instant action. Some people don't care about "win the war" vs some people are "win the war".
Far as I am concerned TT Island could have locked airfields( can't be taken) and the V base could be taken. At least there is always airsupport to take a v base back, and always have the advantage of furbal action.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 06:55:33 PM »
Welp, $5 says I know which map is currently up on the rotation in the LWMAs (and we all are anticipating playing on for the next 4-5 days, at least).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 07:49:19 PM »
htc should get rid of ENY limiting, give nukes for b29's, everyone can join 1 side, and "win the war" every time.  :aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.