Author Topic: Is there a way to map two functions to one joystick button...  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
on my LogicTech Extreme Pro 3D?  I want to push one button and have two things happen (damage list toggle, and zoom toggle). :headscratch:

Thank you. :bolt:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Is there a way to map two functions to one joystick button...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 09:26:45 PM »
on my LogicTech Extreme Pro 3D?  I want to push one button and have two things happen (damage list toggle, and zoom toggle). :headscratch:

Thank you. :bolt:
I am thinking your only option is by way of AH's 4 separate mode settings
in game

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:59 PM »
I am thinking your only option is by way of AH's 4 separate mode settings
in game

hope this helps

TC

+1

In game you can only have one function mapped to a button, and I think you can have only one button mapped to a function too but I'm not sure.

Some joysticks can program macros, but I don't think the 3d pro can.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 01:34:22 AM »
If you had a Saitek AV8R there's an A/B switch that allows you to double up on all the buttons.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 05:22:31 AM »
 Midway,

AS TC said you will need to use the modes to do this,use mode 3 to program the buttons to different functions the map a button to switch the modes,you can map a KB key to switch modes.

Something to consider is a gamepad type of device,any usb input device can be mapped to give you extra functions,you can even use a second joystick.  When the logitech goes south,and it will,dont throw it out.Use it with another stick and take advantage of the extra buttons!   I use 2 JS's and 2 throttles and only need the KB to type.

hope this helps.

:salute

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 08:24:58 AM »
Midway,

AS TC said you will need to use the modes to do this,use mode 3 to program the buttons to different functions the map a button to switch the modes,you can map a KB key to switch modes.

Something to consider is a gamepad type of device,any usb input device can be mapped to give you extra functions,you can even use a second joystick.  When the logitech goes south,and it will,dont throw it out.Use it with another stick and take advantage of the extra buttons!   I use 2 JS's and 2 throttles and only need the KB to type.

hope this helps.

Thank you for the responses.  I understand what you are saying.   :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 08:39:28 AM »
 Glad it helped,you can even set a button in each mode so you could have 3 function per button,you need 2 modes,GV's mode2 and Planes mode1 but you can use mode3/4 for both.

Ya I barely understand that,but when in mode1 you can map mode3/4 so you have 3 functions for that button.