Author Topic: Muted my last Days of play...  (Read 2175 times)

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Re: Muted my last Days of play...
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 07:45:31 AM »
Good luck with the buisness and all  :aok
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2012, 07:52:55 AM »
Alpini has always been a tool regarding cv use. I remember not too long ago when he didn't have rank and couldn't get a cv group to do what he wanted, he would just up an airplane and sit on the deck of the cv to give away its position at the enemy base for the sole purpose of getting it sunk. That was even by his own admission. 

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 07:55:52 AM »
Alpini has always been a tool regarding cv use. I remember not too long ago when he didn't have rank and couldn't get a cv group to do what he wanted, he would just up an airplane and sit on the deck of the cv to give away its position at the enemy base for the sole purpose of getting it sunk. That was even by his own admission. 
Tool?!?!?! pc police have been notified.
See Rule #4

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2012, 07:58:17 AM »
Do you need a PA Bong in your new business?

I will send you my CV when they take my tag off. :)

<S> when you have time hop the game and i will own you :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2012, 09:02:18 AM »
and that is what the game is turning into. A bunch or kids both in mind or body, twisting the rules/game functions to create their our "kingdoms" where they do what they want "because it's their $15", or "because they earned it", or because "they can". While the rest of us are stuck trying to still have fun in the sewer that they create.

This isn't about rank, it's about having a little class and sharing the sandbox we ALL are paying for.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
As I have read for the Luftwaffe rank only mattered on the ground. Once in the air experience called the shots. There are plenty of stories of great 'captains' and 'majors' taking over lead of the gruppe from a Colonel for the simple reason they knew how to fight and get it done.

KN is hanging their hat on rank taking control of the CV. Fine, righ up until an experienced decision needs to be made. Apparently we have in-game moderators who check 200? Maybe they could also be given the authority to override rank on a CV. If rank is being used to properly position a CV for a fight, against a shore battery, etc I think we all agree, it should be. If, as in this case, it is just a few dorking around and the rest completely disagree, some authority needs to enabled to clear it up.

In real life, abused rank gets a reassignment and ultimately a blocked promotion and dumped out of the service.

Boo

PS I think one authority rank should have with a CV is to limit when a plane can be upped. We know some squads/players like to sneak a CV near a field, use the cruiser to take down much of the town then bum rush it. A new player ups from the CV and blows the cover. This could be handled properly with rank and moderator authority.
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »
PPS Bong, take a break for a month then come back. I've flown around you a bit. Seem a class act.
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2012, 10:53:07 AM »
and that is what the game is turning into. A bunch or kids both in mind or body, twisting the rules/game functions to create their our "kingdoms" where they do what they want "because it's their $15", or "because they earned it", or because "they can". While the rest of us are stuck trying to still have fun in the sewer that they create.

This isn't about rank, it's about having a little class and sharing the sandbox we ALL are paying for.

Sewer is a bit harsh :)

Flippen heck no is getting injured in game :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2012, 10:57:51 AM »

Yep I remember this.
JG 52

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »
PS I think one authority rank should have with a CV is to limit when a plane can be upped. We know some squads/players like to sneak a CV near a field, use the cruiser to take down much of the town then bum rush it. A new player ups from the CV and blows the cover. This could be handled properly with rank and moderator authority.
Really?

You have a problem with using the carrier to start a battle, but stopping flight ops just to stealth sneak a base is OK?

Who is ruining the fun under these circumstances? Does having a furball stop the basetake? Not a chance.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2012, 01:14:53 PM »

Maybe I'm the only one who finds this ironic.  One way or the other, I object to calling people "tards" or "retards."

- oldman (hey, I'm old-fashioned)

You are not the only one. HTC should insert that and similar words into their curse filter so it changes it just like it does those other inappropriate words.

As to the ranking nothing that I ever have to worry about and certainly nothing that has ever affected me or ever will. There are generally other bases around where I can get shot down using every method at my disposal.

Evereyone gets to have fun how they want. No one else dictates how they feel that is their own perception of the situation.

Bob

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2012, 02:35:50 PM »
As I have read for the Luftwaffe rank only mattered on the ground. Once in the air experience called the shots. There are plenty of stories of great 'captains' and 'majors' taking over lead of the gruppe from a Colonel for the simple reason they knew how to fight and get it done.

KN is hanging their hat on rank taking control of the CV. Fine, righ up until an experienced decision needs to be made. Apparently we have in-game moderators who check 200? Maybe they could also be given the authority to override rank on a CV. If rank is being used to properly position a CV for a fight, against a shore battery, etc I think we all agree, it should be. If, as in this case, it is just a few dorking around and the rest completely disagree, some authority needs to enabled to clear it up.

In real life, abused rank gets a reassignment and ultimately a blocked promotion and dumped out of the service.

Boo

HA you sir are hilarious. The real life rank reference was almost too much.

No one is hanging their hat on anything.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2012, 02:45:57 PM »
Good Luch Bong... if it is any consolation, I always thought you were mutated  :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
PS I think one authority rank should have with a CV is to limit when a plane can be upped. We know some squads/players like to sneak a CV near a field, use the cruiser to take down much of the town then bum rush it.

make the base flash soon as town buildings are destroyed.

why are cv's stealthing around taking down towns in the first place?
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier to ask that upon switching sides you cannot take control of a CV for 6-12 hours? You have identified an exploitable attribute to CV and reducing the side switching time though.

+1
Tour 70 2005 to present