Author Topic: Climate change?  (Read 6562 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Climate change?
« Reply #330 on: July 16, 2012, 08:03:05 PM »
Algae

iknd of incorrect, but awful dam close.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #331 on: July 16, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
Man made climate change - to believe it you have to be outlandishly gullible at the least, and a narcissistic megalomaniac at the worst...  The world has been much hotter and much colder for centuries on end at a time...  Our life span and any so-called damage we can do is merely a punctuation mark in a footnote of the pages of history and pales in comparison to the forces of nature itself.

Didn't you guys get the news about all of the collusion to fake data from the University of East Anglia some years back?  It showed that all of the so-called 'evidence' was faked and agreements were made within the scientific community to 'stick to the story'. 

The earth may very well be warming, but we have nothing to do with it whatsoever.  Go about your life and enjoy it to the fullest - it is far too short as it is!

bolded is why i don't believe we could even trust the software that's supposed to be out there for us to view it ourselves.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #332 on: July 16, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »
bolded is why i don't believe we could even trust the software that's supposed to be out there for us to view it ourselves.

Don't need climate software...Excel works just fine.

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #333 on: July 16, 2012, 08:32:14 PM »
Must be phytoplankton (sp?) then.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #334 on: July 16, 2012, 08:53:34 PM »
Must be phytoplankton (sp?) then.

yeppers.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2012, 09:52:07 PM »
 Some photos below,  i captured 2 weeks ago, Columbia Icefields,/ Athabasca Glacier see the glacier position time markers; they start melting long before the massive CO2 emissions;

;http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/johny35/Canadian%20Rockies%20June-July%202012/

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #336 on: July 17, 2012, 12:59:55 AM »
There has been a lot of emmissions expelled in this thread :old:

If any of these problems occuring in the world are caused by Human intervention its nothing to do with me, I have no say or influence on changing any of said events. :old:

Last time I was on a airliner was 7 years ago :old:

My emmisions are low but not as low as someone who lives in a shack in New Deli  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2012, 01:59:48 AM »
There has been a lot of emmissions expelled in this thread :old:

If any of these problems occuring in the world are caused by Human intervention its nothing to do with me, I have no say or influence on changing any of said events. :old:

Last time I was on a airliner was 7 years ago :old:

My emmisions are low but not as low as someone who lives in a shack in New Deli  :old:

What are you talking about? The amount of hot gas you have emitted in this thread could kill the planet within the week. zack1234 is the bringer of our destruction. :rofl
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2012, 05:24:45 AM »
My said emmissins are not vocal but from other directions and caused by a diret result of acorns and other natural foods products such as Mcdonalds and baby seals :old:

The GFC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2012, 06:26:43 AM »
Skuzzy, do you still believe that the moon is going to leave Earth's orbit and end all life within several hundred years?  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Reading comprehension?  Are you really that hard up to poke fun at me you have to go back six years in the forum posts to find something?  I can give you a lot more recent things to poke at me about.  Then again, we both know you are not here to have a discussion.

The statement about "hundreds of years" does not refer to the Moon's potential departure.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:28:36 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »

you dont have to trust it, its open source which means you can check its ok yourself before compiling and running it.

Didn't you guys get the news about all of the collusion to fake data from the University of East Anglia some years back?  It showed that all of the so-called 'evidence' was faked and agreements were made within the scientific community to 'stick to the story'.

no it didnt. did you read all the emails in question? did you understand their context?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2012, 07:37:12 AM »
Are you for or against climate change RT?

Its only because I agree with what you say and need to be sure if your for or against :old:

The GFC

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2012, 07:46:10 AM »
I don't understand why the moon could leave its current orbit.  sure there always minute fluctuations in its orbit but I think newton was a pretty smart guy.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2012, 08:11:30 AM »
where's the moon going! :cry
And how have we caused this to happen?

The GFC

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »
Are you for or against climate change RT?

good question(s)!

does the climate change? yes of course, the temp record is not a straight line.

are there patterns in the change or is it random fluctuations/noise? theres obvious patterns.

is it easy to explain and predict these patterns? nope very difficult.

do we understand the processes that drive the climate system? to a large, and increasing, degree yes.

can we model these processes accurately? depending on the process, it ranges from very accurately to not at all.

are mean global surface temps rising, before tipping over into the next ice age? almost certainly.

is it possible for man to influence the climate system? almost certainly.

is man influencing the climate system and accelerating the temp rise? the evidence, although by no means overwhelming, is strong and getting stronger.

should we try to reduce our influence on the climate? given whats at stake I think it would be crazy not to.

will we try to reduce our influence on the climate? very doubtful. people are essentially self-serving. even if the evidence was overwhelming and everyone believed that AGW was happening I dont think people would care or do anything about it. essentially the choice is: carry on as we are and in 100s of years we will be screwed, or modify our behaviour at some personal cost so we are screwed in 1000s of years. numerous examples like the Gambier Islands suggest that we are not good at this stuff.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:43:44 AM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli