Author Topic: update 251 with the AT gun plz......  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: update 251 with the AT gun plz......
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 07:47:10 AM »
Looks mounted to me.
(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

damn, that gun !!  :O
now posting as SirNuke

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »
Ever notice how the lines on a 251 look like the new anti ied  vehicles.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 02:36:23 PM »
As said, the 251/4 could not carry one of the guns noted, it was used to tow a variety of guns and carried ammo and other stuff for them. There are some versions of the 251 specifically modified to carry larger caliber guns, one of them was the 251/22 with the 75mm PaK. Others include the /9 with short 75mm gun or /10 with 37mm PaK.
Heck they even tried to install the 88mm PaK in a 251 but this failed. The 251 probably desintegrated from the recoil force.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 02:47:12 PM »
Ever notice how the lines on a 251 look like the new anti ied  vehicles.

ever notice how much of the modern mlitary equipment deployed by most countries today bears a strange and uncanny resenblance to an ancient german original variant of the species/type?
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »
denniss the point is not make people feel stupid the point is that we need the 251 to have a AT gun mounted on it like the m3 has to even the odds so unless you have some positive input or constructive criticsm don't post and I don't care what verison we get cause they all look exactly the same except for the the one that was covered on top
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
denniss the point is not make people feel stupid the point is that we need the 251 to have a AT gun mounted on it like the m3 has to even the odds so unless you have some positive input or constructive criticsm don't post and I don't care what verison we get cause they all look exactly the same except for the the one that was covered on top

Actually he has a valid point, best option would be the 75pak or 37mm version, I see no reason for the short barrel version we already have the PanzerF.

37mm would be absolutely useless unless an M8 or M3 is running around.
JG 52

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »
Actually he has a valid point, best option would be the 75pak or 37mm version, I see no reason for the short barrel version we already have the PanzerF.

37mm would be absolutely useless unless an M8 or M3 is running around.

Actually, if HTC wanted to add in the SdKfz 251/9 with the 7.5cm infantry cannon, it would have about double the reload as the Panzer IV F's 75mm cannon.  Also, the trajectory would make it useful for indirect fire support vs towns or bases.  Yeah, it is a lot more vulnerable but it if were able to resupply itself like the current version can do with the 28cm rockets... it would be just another tool to use.

The 37mm version of the 251 would be more useful than you think.  A fast firing AP gun with good enough AP to knock out armor with a flank shot and the lighter skinned stuff with a hit anywhere.  The fast firing gun would be a blessing vs the fast movers.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.